Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 131
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- DMS Releases Q1 2019 Purchase Mortgage Consumer Profile Report
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Holocaust Denier Encouraged to Connect with Survivors
- Palm Beach Dramaworks Sounds of Summer Series to Present JILL & RICH In Concert
- Tecsew Has Passed Goldman Sachs 10KSB with Flying Colours!
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
Similar on eTradeWire
- Senior Master of the Arts Bob White Seminar Supports Royal Family Kids Program
- Rented.com And Key Data Dashboards Partnership Announcement
- Rented.com Announces Partnership With Key Data Dashboards
- Educators develop cultural sensitivity in Cuba
- Project by Project SF Fights Homelessness At 10th Annual Tasting Benefit, Plate by Plate
- Flagler Sportfishing Club 10th Annual Kids Clinic Draws 249 Kids/400 Attendees
- Tokyo's Shitamachi, Historic Downtown
- Tacos Don Chente Earns Wins Oxnard Salsa Festival Salsa Recipe Contest
- Urban Air Adventure Park Opens New Attractions in Rockwall, TX
- OMG Media Solutions Partners with the Minnesota State Fair to Celebrate Culture And Community At The State's Largest Food and Music Festival
This year's Whale Shark Festival will be held July 19-21. 2019 in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico, a short trip from Cancun International Airport. Last year thousands of people attended the family-friendly Whale Shark Festival, where guests can swim with whale sharks, join traditional dancing, enjoy local food and work by local artisans, visit the turtle farm, snorkel and dive the reefs surrounding the island and more.
Swim with hundreds of Whale Sharks
Whale sharks swarm the waters of Isla Mujeres from May-September, providing guests with an opportunity to swim alongside these gentle giants. Researchers estimate that as many as 1,400 whale sharks migrate through the waters surrounding Isla Mujeres annually.
More on eTradeWire News
- Just Vanilla provides commercial kitchen rental space for food startups in Houston
- New non-profit partnership boosts financial capability and wellbeing in Australia
- The Well Store Opens The Refill Station
- Maltose Phosphorylase Activity Kit (Fluorometric)
- Vivabox Solutions Offers Packaging Solutions for Online-to-Offline (O2O) Commerce
The Whale Shark Festival is an effort to raise awareness of the need to preserve the area's marine ecosystem. Isla Mujeres is part of the second largest barrier reef on the planet and serves as the nursery of the Caribbean and the migratory path of whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays, waterfowl and game fishes.
"The continued success of the Whale Shark Festival is indicative of how ecotourism can truly impact a community," said John Vater, co-founder of Ceviche Tours. "International events like these are essential in raising awareness and to help educate visitors on marine conservation efforts."
At this festival, various activities will be carried out in order for visitors to learn more about the whale shark species -- including environmental education workshops and conferences on marine biology -- in an effort to encourage them to join the effort of conservation programs with the objective of protecting and preserving these beautiful animals.
Fun for the Whole Family
The 12th annual Whale Shark Festival kicks off with a parade on Friday July 19th. Following will be activities for children such as sand sculpting events and crafting fun. Exhibitions showcasing the beauty of the island will feature whale shark murals, photography and local handcrafted works of art.
More on eTradeWire News
- Plasmin Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- The Voice Actor Blog - for Voiceover Artists & Voice Talent
- "La Vida Baseball" Announces Partnerships With '47 Brand And Topps Amidst Continued Record Platform Growth
- A splendid use for used camping gear
- Community help needed for housing solution
"Isla Mujeres is designated Pueblo Magico, a place known for its legends, symbolism, history and of course for providing a magical experience for tourists. Swimming with whale sharks in Isla Mujeres is the ultimate Pueblo Magico adventure," said Gustavo Rodriguez Orozco, Director of Tourism of Isla Mujeres. "We welcome the world to join us to celebrate the Festival de Tiburon Ballena – the Whale Shark Festival – enjoying this great show of nature and beautiful Isla Mujeres."
All are invited to stay and play the Isla Mujeres way; the safest family destination in the Caribbean, with over 70 hotels and 5-star resorts, Vacation rentals and B&B's to choose from, Isla is the perfect vacation in the Yucatan. Enjoy this great spectacle of nature and experience why Isla Mujeres is a Pueblo Magico with your family and friends. For more information visit https://www.cevichetours.com/whale-shark-festival.
- Gunderson and Schropp Honored as 2019 Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- North Star Senior Advisors Hosts Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Care Seminar
- Porsche Canada Becomes Presenting Sponsor Of Cobble Beach Concours D'elegance For 2019
- St. Louis Author Celebrates End of Chemotherapy with Book of Love Poems for the Beach
- Spotlight on 2016 Mazda MAZDA3
- Valerie Stone Hawthorne Joins the Board of Community Council
- Fullerton Arboretum Prepares For August 17, Return Of Popular Brews & Blues With 14 Craft Brewers
- FDA Shuts Down a Seafood Producer Operations in Texas
- McCarthy Completes Piedmont Newton Emergency Room
- Aspire Institute Hosts New Workshop to Protect Residential GCs From The Inevitable Economic Downturn
- Philadelphia's Changing Real Estate Market North of Fishtown
- Momentum Autism Therapy Announces Multidisciplinary Services to Jackson, MI families
- New Blockchain Domains Investing Secrets Book Expands Bitcoin
- Startup Scoop: OpenAI Guns for "Socially Beneficial" Artificial General Intelligence
- New Product: Mini Survival Kits Fit In Your Pocket & Can Save Your Life
- The Self-Pour Taproom & Pizzeria Mountain Pizza & Taproom Opens Its Second Location in South Fork
- Beyond Fish: How Canadians are Adopting Vegan Alternatives in order to Protect our Oceans
- SocketLabs To Exhibit At Philadelphia Digital Summit
- Want Better Sleep? Science Proves A Bath 1-2 Hours Before Bed Will Improve Your Sleep
- Appeals Court Slams ACS and Reverses Judge Milsap of the Bronx