Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 113
- Syxsense Workflows Automate Sesponse to Critical IT Infrastructure Disruptions
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- For the 4th Time, Contracting Resources Group Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3,886 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 81% Percent
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- Alta Vista Technology Earns Inc. 5000 Honors for 4th Straight Year
- This AMAZING #homeforsale in @EastBethel has a #motherinlaw suite! PENDING!
- Author Dorenda W. Madkins to Release Her Final Children's Book in Memory of Trayvon Martin
- Stēzo - The Last Dance (Album)
- Woodall Creative Group Honored with Two Communicator Awards for Smart Bubblegum Rebrand
Similar on eTradeWire
- September 16, 2021 - New Aviation Art By Anthony Saunders
- ALGERIA: Sentenced to 5 Years for a Facebook Post Members of the International Religious Freedom Roundtable Call on the UN Special Rapporteur on Fre
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present 60s Legends BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
- Michelle Danner's "The Runner" to screen at Catalina Film Festival
- Drum roll...and the winners are
- Neue Auctions will hold an online-only Art & Antiques auction on Saturday, Sept. 25th; over 400 lots
- Walker Entertainer Academy Presents Indigenous Film Retreats (IFR) Oct 9th-11th
- Fall Exhibitions at The Center for Contemporary Art
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- East Tennessee Author Releases Third Book in Gripping Family Saga
Basing her screenplay on an array of true stories, filmmaker Pirband has distilled a complex and heart wrenching story about a young woman, Hanna, and her quest for liberation and inner freedom. Entering the United States via a wedding Visa, future bride Hanna, embraces a new world and glimpses a window to personal freedom. Although Hanna desires to be free, independent and to make her own choices, it's a daunting dilemma. Conflicted by her traditional ties and terrified of the repercussions, she equivocates, unsure of what to do.
Finally, on her wedding day, Hanna flees, escaping her mandated fate. Both frightened and invigorated, she's found huddling in the back of a moving van by her native American artist neighbor, Phoenix (Rudy Youngblood). Not exactly a knight in shining armor and suffering from alcoholism, Phoenix falls in love with her. His compassion and respect for Hanna stir her, and she blossoms in his love.
Under Pirband's brave and sensitive hand, the performances are superb: Hanna Shahshanani is endearingly vulnerable and brave in the lead role. The production team is similarly accomplished, with composer Behzad Abdi's musical score stirring all the right emotions. Dandelion Season is ultimately a universal saga of overcoming shackles of society and culture. In distilling her story, Pirband reveals, "I tried to make it less violent, to make it more believable at the same time. Unfortunately, every day in Iran, some women get killed because of these traditions. Many of them get killed because they don't want to marry the man whom the family selected."
More on eTradeWire News
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Southeastern New England Area Residents!
- Team Acme Upgrades Facilities For Customer Satisfaction
- Burning Soul Press Announces Launch of New White-Label Agency: The Ember Project
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- Boston Scientific to host health series in STEM City USA
Concurrently the film mirrors the fate of the lead actress Hannaneh Shahshahani, who has suffered the real-world consequences. As a model, Shahshahani was photographed in the United States without a hijab and when the photo was secretly distributed, Iran banned her from performing in movies and returning to that country; in addition, her family suffered repercussions. By casting Hannaneh Shahshahani as the lead actress, filmmaker Maryam Pirband has demonstrated loyalty to her story and women's rights. She has placed herself in professional and personal peril: the film cannot be screened in Iran because actress Hannaneh Shahshahani is seen without a hijab.
With its showing at Cannes, Dandelion Season itself faces the same challenges of a young Persian woman who rebels against the atavistic confines of an arranged marriage. As the only filmmaker brave enough to work with Shahshahani, Pirband has stood up against the strictures of her county.
Pirband's personal road to film-making was both unique and courageous. Because of her family's conservative beliefs, she had to conceal her interest in acting. Although Pirband won academic laurels, it was her athletic prowess in swimming that enabled her to enter the film world. She joined a professional stunt team as the "first female performer, playing in telefilms and TV series. Her on-set experiences led to her writing and directing.
Pirband hopes that the seeds she will plant with Dandelion Season's debut in Cannes will blossom into a full-blown career as a creative hyphenate -- writer, director, producer. In fact, the film's controversial subject matter and debut at Cannes might prove a blessing: its notoriety and its heartfelt storytelling will stimulate international interest and spur commercial distribution.
EFC Films, Dandelion Season LLC, Sitco Corp
Writer/director/producer Maryam Pirband
Directors of photography Stefano Milla, Afshin Ahmadi
Production designer Nazanin Bakhtiari
More on eTradeWire News
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Publicity For Good is Offering Free Exposure for Expo East Participants as a Way of Giving Back
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy's Michelle Badger Named a "40 Under 40" by Cape & Plymouth Business
Editor Alireza Pirband
Composer Behzad Abdi in association with the Ukraine National Orchestra
Sound designer Hussein Mahdavi
Postproduction coordinator Sandy Chukadarian
Phoenix Rudy Youngblood
Farangis Gohar Kheirandish
Hanna Hannaneh Shahshahani
Amir Reza Moussavy
Sepehr Nima Jafari
Bill Stan Harrington
Omar Sayed Badrey
Jerry Ian Lauer
Susan Shannon Murray
Running time - 113 minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Language: Iranian and English with English subtitles
Web Site for Dandelion Season: www.dandelionseason.com
Social Media: https://instagram.com/dandelionseasonmovie?utm_medium=copy_link
Charles Barrett/The Barrett Company/ email@example.com 310-471-5764
Maryam Pirband/ Director-Writer-Producer / firstname.lastname@example.org 818-877-6460
The Barrett Company, LLC
- Basset Bustle Extravaganza - October 2, 2021
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- CHIME Innovation and Ideawake Partner to Foster Employee Innovation in Healthcare
- NATP announces 2021 Chapter Person of the Year
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- What is Waukegan State Rep. Rita Mayfield doing in Calumet City?
- Building and Growing a Business Post-Pandemic
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Returns To Wizard World Chicago, Saturday, October 16
- BYU's Max Hall Shares Rebuttal To Make A Wish Board Member After Degrading His Addiction History
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Avenue 21 Marketing | Empowering Women in Business
- Zaui and Norwegian Experience Announce Strategic Partnership
- Suncoast NPI Announces Local Non-Profit, Tampa Crossroads, as Recipient of Tithing Award
- Benchmark International Facilitated the Transaction BTW Colography Group & Halstatt Legacy Partners
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience