Popular on eTradeWire
- Rosenberg Fans Canada Ltd. will be exhibiting at CIPHEX WEST- 2018 in Calgary 407
- The power of crypto community: The First UK Digibyte Event is on 253
- Fosway launches NEW 9-Grids™ for Cloud HCM and Talent Management 210
- Space Continuum LLC, Wins Contract from Obama Foundation 207
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI - "Gran sera collection 2018 news" 171
- Newport Digital Marketing for Solicitors | Newport Solicitor SEO 164
- Dr. Noam Arzt named Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association 142
- Kelly Hyman Attorney, Will Speak at Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers' Fall Conference 2018
- New Amazon Prime Series from Noirtainment "Marisa Romanov" to Debut Teaser at MIPCOM Cannes 2018
- Phastlife Media Group Launches Music Distribution with The Orchard
Similar on eTradeWire
- Tweet, To Who? Latest blog from kdm communications
- Cannabis Cultivator Releases New Podcast Series
- Technical Report On Parallel Lines/Parallel Worlds Experiment, Using Todd Rundgren Song, Released
- United States Navy Selects Nokomis to Enhance Airborne ASW System Interferer Minimizer
- Keystone Symposia and Vienna BioCenter Launch Scientific Research Conference Series in Vienna, Austria
- Ad Scientiam announces agreement with Johnson & Johnson Innovation to develop a digital assessment scale for Major Depressive Disorders
- Bio-Logic & Hinds launch EKKO the world's first high throughput microplate reader for circular dichr
- Social Good Scholarship Fund Is Now Open
- Research Outreach CIC - Professional Outreach for Researchers
- Solar Flares and Artist Salazar
The XtaLAB Synergy-S incorporates the latest PhotonJet high flux dual wavelength (Molybdenum/Copper) X-ray source that will allow their researchers to better resolve smaller crystals with poor crystallinity. Equally important is the HyPix 6000HE detector that utilises the latest Hybrid Photon Counting technology with no dead time or background noise. In combination with the Kappa goniometer and user influenced software, the Synergy-S becomes an enviable system.
The Synergy-S becomes the flagship instrument in the X-ray Diffraction Facility at the University of Melbourne. It adds to the small molecule capabilities partnering a Rigaku SuperNova system installed in 2010 and was the logical replacement for an older Rigaku system.
More on eTradeWire News
- Coolfire Solutions Names David Corsaut as Chief Operating Officer
- ATS Slayer™ Urgent Resume Setup Bundle!
- Close Encounters at the Long Island Game Farm
- Starting Safety to Host a Celebrity Spades Tournament in Charlotte
- Glaston Compressor Services awarded Carbon Trust Accreditation
- Magdalena Cuprys publishes second article in a series about technology & immigration law practice
- The Detroit Free Press Names Esys Automation a Winner of the Michigan 2018 Top Workplaces Award
Dr Robert Gable, Manager of the X-Ray Diffraction Facility said of their purchase, "Selecting the Synergy-S system was largely based on experience. The CrysalisPro software used on other Rigaku systems we have used had proven extremely effective at characterising materials and generating publication quality data from twinned or poor quality materials we work with. Combined with the high intensity dual wavelength X-ray source, our ability to characterise materials is greatly enhanced. Furthermore, using the same software has simplified our training and enables users to seamlessly move between instruments when required."
The system will serve researchers of all levels from undergraduate through to postdoctoral and academic staff. As more researchers are inducted, the utilisation of the Synergy-S will increase with a sizeable user-base already identified. Dr Gable envisages that it will be used by a range of different research teams for a host of different compounds including organic biomolecules, minerals, coordination polymers, metal complexes used for catalysis or cancer treatment and polyoxometallates.
More on eTradeWire News
- Camera PTZ Zoom 1 km, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, and 20 km IP Thermal HD
- Investor Update for Visium Technologies Inc
- autopom! Representing Several Vehicle Service Contract Providers
- PGW Contracts with TMG for Selection Consulting Services
- Domini Clark of Blackmere Consulting accepted into Forbes Human Resources Council
- Pensacola Real Estate Expert Shane Willis Publishes Blog: Home Sellers in Q3 Netted $61K at Resale
- East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Partnership
Speaking more about the additional capabilities afforded by the new system, Dr. Gable mentioned that, "the Synergy-S will allow us to collect data on smaller crystals that do not give usable diffraction data on the SuperNova. It will also significantly decrease the analysis time for complex samples."
The system was purchased following a successful LIEF grant bid submitted by the University of Melbourne and other university and research institutes. The University of Melbourne is grateful to the Australian Research Council for their contribution towards the purchase.
The Rigaku Oxford Diffraction product range are part of AXT's extensive range of analytical X-ray instruments, including XRD, XRF, XRM, CT, EDS and WDS sourced from suppliers from around the globe. For more details, please visit https://www.axt.com.au.
Dr. Cameron S. Chai
- CHHRC Will Partner with the Community to Honor all Service Men & Women Through Free Cycling Classes
- Lee Health introduces Kids' Minds Matter as children's mental and behavioral health solution
- Free Air Quality Testing So What's The Catch
- Stevens Construction completes Alva United Methodist Church steeple ravaged by Hurricane Irma
- Fortune names Moss a 2018 Best Medium Workplace
- Two Iconic West Houston Nonprofits to Become One
- 651Vinyl.com Adds Four New Neon Christmas StarCraft Foil Colors to Product Line
- Company Introduces Power Plant System That Can Realistically Reverse Climate Change
- Reasons why CablingHub is chosen as Ontario's best Cabling Company for the Wiring Jobs
- Save on a new home during Lennar Sacramento's Pre-Black Friday Sale
- SEEAG Receives $218,684 California Dept. of Food & Agriculture Grant
- TallGrass assembles 256 care packages for troops
- Pallett Valo lawyer is a Lexpert Rising Star Award Winner
- Brooklyn Takes France... MonPetit Coeur Newborn
- Freakstomp Music Festival turns three
- How can Media Companies make a lot more money from the web?
- Los Angeles Times Recognizes Kahana & Feld LLP as One of Top Litigation and Real Estate Firms in OC
- Flagler Chamber and Professional Women's Council to Host Networking Luncheon
- New Generation Takes Seat on CARC Board
- Welch Packaging Celebrates 15 Years with Toys for Tots