Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 191
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 173
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 161
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Ultra-High Resolution TESCAN S8000X Xe Plasma FIB-SEM Destined for QUT
- Baltimore Police Ignore Likely Cause of Porta Potty Fire Death
- Acute Pain Therapies Welcomes Chronic Pain Management Physician Christina Julian, MD
- Culprit in Portable-Toilet Fire Death: CaC2?
- Long-term results with the Tat vaccine point to a new approach for a functional cure of HIV
- New Environmental Safety Management program nets Thiel College "Champion of Education" status
- A storm blew this bald eagle's nest down - you won't believe what it looks like now!
- New Joint cartilage protection and exercise-induced pain claims benefit brand partners – Stratum Nutrition expands research with larger trial
- Award-Winning Film About Forgotten "Father of Space Art" Enjoying Three Premieres in February
- AVATAR Rapid Recovery after Same-Day Joint Replacement
The XtaLAB Synergy-S incorporates the latest PhotonJet high flux dual wavelength (Molybdenum/Copper) X-ray source that will allow their researchers to better resolve smaller crystals with poor crystallinity. Equally important is the HyPix 6000HE detector that utilises the latest Hybrid Photon Counting technology with no dead time or background noise. In combination with the Kappa goniometer and user influenced software, the Synergy-S becomes an enviable system.
The Synergy-S becomes the flagship instrument in the X-ray Diffraction Facility at the University of Melbourne. It adds to the small molecule capabilities partnering a Rigaku SuperNova system installed in 2010 and was the logical replacement for an older Rigaku system.
More on eTradeWire News
- Nevada Insurance Enrollment Explains Why Driving With Out-of-State Auto Insurance Is A Bad Idea
- Online Agency Publishes Comprehensive Overview of SEO in 2019
- New Models Grand Open from The Monarch Collection at Mosaic in Fort Collins on March 2 and March 3
- MFI Recovery Center Announces Spring Alumni Event
- Film about Forgotten Space Artist Honored with Best Documentary Award at the 44th Boston Sci-Fi Fest
- Leading Tattoo Removal Clinic in Atlanta Now Uses PRO-NOX
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Kicks Off Its Annual Support Campaign
Dr Robert Gable, Manager of the X-Ray Diffraction Facility said of their purchase, "Selecting the Synergy-S system was largely based on experience. The CrysalisPro software used on other Rigaku systems we have used had proven extremely effective at characterising materials and generating publication quality data from twinned or poor quality materials we work with. Combined with the high intensity dual wavelength X-ray source, our ability to characterise materials is greatly enhanced. Furthermore, using the same software has simplified our training and enables users to seamlessly move between instruments when required."
The system will serve researchers of all levels from undergraduate through to postdoctoral and academic staff. As more researchers are inducted, the utilisation of the Synergy-S will increase with a sizeable user-base already identified. Dr Gable envisages that it will be used by a range of different research teams for a host of different compounds including organic biomolecules, minerals, coordination polymers, metal complexes used for catalysis or cancer treatment and polyoxometallates.
More on eTradeWire News
- Nationally touring Beatles tribute band comes to Sweetwater Music Hall on April 28
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
- DynaScan Appoints Joe Hasenzahl as Director of New Advanced Retail Solutions Division
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Waveband Communications Inc. attends IWCE
- "Diálogos internos: Poesía 1982-2014" - Poetry Collection Combines Works Written Over 32 Years
Speaking more about the additional capabilities afforded by the new system, Dr. Gable mentioned that, "the Synergy-S will allow us to collect data on smaller crystals that do not give usable diffraction data on the SuperNova. It will also significantly decrease the analysis time for complex samples."
The system was purchased following a successful LIEF grant bid submitted by the University of Melbourne and other university and research institutes. The University of Melbourne is grateful to the Australian Research Council for their contribution towards the purchase.
The Rigaku Oxford Diffraction product range are part of AXT's extensive range of analytical X-ray instruments, including XRD, XRF, XRM, CT, EDS and WDS sourced from suppliers from around the globe. For more details, please visit https://www.axt.com.au.
Dr. Cameron S. Chai
- MedAware Systems to present new research at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- Smith Planning Group ranked No. 66 on 2019 University of Georgia Bulldog 100 list
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- Community Invited to Cybersecurity Presentations and Awards Reception
- Dream Finders Homes to Build Townhomes at Beacon Lake
- Q4 2018 | Fort Bend | E Fort Bend Commercial Real Estate Trends
- Monitoring Milk Deliveries with an In Transit Temperature Recorder
- The Best Microfiction Anthology Series
- Pines of Mount Lebanon names LifeStories Director
- Bio Flame Offers 30% Discount On All Fireplaces Through The Month of February!
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Acquires Terry McCue Real Estate Inc
- "Nation's Fire" Private Red Carpet Cast/Crew Screening March 18, Capitol Theater Clearwater, Fl
- Get 20% OFF Windows & Doors in February!
- Roofing Contractor near Minneapolis Discusses Winter Roof Care
- Do you need a post-accident drug test? It depends
- CSM LeadDog and Promax Bring Game Changers Networking Event to Los Angeles
- The Documentary 'I Learned It From You' Selected to Compete in 2019 Global Indian Film Festival
- Teeth grinding treatment begins with proper diagnosis
- Everyone Wins. How Shayna Pellino, Founder of Shayna Rose Interiors, Turned Negatives Into Positives
- Fabricoil® Reimagined for University of Delaware's Award-Winning iSuite