Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 439
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 170
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 164
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 155
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 121
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 115
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- Ground-up construction services in Kansas City
- A Second-Generation Construction Cost Estimation Firm celebrates its 40th Anniversary with an Updated Website
- Illinois Institute Of Technology Appoints Reed Kroloff, Founding Principal Of Jones|kroloff, To Lead
- The reception area advantage that's right for you
- Danielian Associates Earns Grand Award for ICON Palm Springs Project and Client Far West Industries
- Northern States Metals to Attend AIA Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Balance and Beauty Achieved with CENTRIA Products at Upscale Westin Hotel
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Releases Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Video Finale
- TURF Opens New Design Office in Renovated Firehouse
- Watchdog Real Estate Project Management Promotes Natalie Malawey-Ednie to Principal
The facility provides in-depth, advanced evaluations and innovative treatments for a wide variety of speech, language, and hearing disorders, so it was only fitting that the design team at SmithGroup JJR opt for a custom approach. The Paradigm system offers limitless polygonal rib designs and user-designed profiles in both standard configurations and customized module parameters.
The perforated metal panels create a visual aesthetic that echoes communications and frequencies, and also serve as shading devices at entries and glazed portions of the building. Undoubtedly a complicated project, the result is an elegantly composed exterior façade with a translucent layer that accumulates daylight for the building interior.
"Although the design itself looks very simple, it was actually quite complicated since each panel type needed to be broken down into several components," explains Peter Parnham of Wade Architectural Systems, the CENTRIA dealer. "Some of the materials were perforated and others were partially perforated, and there were several different colors, with multiple lengths."
More on eTradeWire News
- San Diego/Carlsbad Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Rizo Bros California Creamery Celebrates 1Year Anniversary of Successful Launch of Brand
- The ACC of St. Louis Held Annual Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI) May 15
- Lifetime TV "Ms. T's Music Factory" Temmora signs with Amirakal Marketing
- GET A GRIP Resurfacing Celebrates 20 Years Two Decades of National Resurfacing for Homegrown Family
The building spans a total of 77,300 square feet, and more than 16,000 square feet of CENTRIA products were used. Communication and coordination between all trades was key to organizing the unique materials for installation and ensuring they arrived on schedule.
"During the shipping process, we worked to try and make sure that the correct panels were being located in the correct areas," Parnham adds. "In the end, it was certainly worth the effort on our part and the hard work put forward by CENTRIA and Advantage Wall Panel Systems to make sure all the materials were correct for an on-time installation and completion."
The Callier Center for Communication Disorders was completed in August 2016. SmithGroup JJR provided architectural and design services, and the general contractor was SpawGlass Construction Corp. Wade Architectural Systems was the CENTRIA dealer, and the installer was Advantage Wall Panel Systems, LLC.
CENTRIA innovations in architectural metal wall and roof systems are helping building teams around the world envision metal as the future of the building envelope. From inspiration through installation, CENTRIA provides the highest level of expertise including service and support from an elite Dealer Network. Based in Pittsburgh (Moon Township, Pa.), CENTRIA metal architectural systems are the perfect combination of science and aesthetics, offering advanced thermal and moisture protection technology, the broadest spectrum of design options, truly integrated components, and superior sustainability. CENTRIA is an NCI Building Systems company. Visit www.centria.com.
More on eTradeWire News
- Limited Opportunities remain at The Residence at Old York Village
- Rady School of Management Celebrates the Graduation of 344 Students
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Growing Regional Footprint in Rosemont
- Elvis-Inspired Book Wins Big at the 2019 Independent Publishers Book Awards
- IBT of Miami wins $21 million contract to build school in Panama
Nick Murosky, Director of Content
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
- Spiked Seltzer Sunday added to line up for 2019 Summerfest June 20-23
- Garcia & Artigliere Files Elder Abuse Case Against Fullerton Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Global summit call for more responsible use of information technology
- Monitoring Temperature & Humidity in Operation Theatre
- Sonoma Valley Trail Rides to Offer Horseback Rides at Alta Vista Vineyards
- What Happens When Uber and Lyft Reject Your Application?
- ULI OC / IE District Council Announces New Leadership
- Gravic, Inc.® Wins HPE's Momentum Technology Partner of the Year 2019 Award!
- Laguna View Detox Is Now Fully Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Omnichain Expands its Business Development and Product Engineering Teams
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform
- Effective Medical Practice Staff Management, by doctor and researcher Dr. William Matzner
- MERGE4 Introduces Collection of No Show Socks
- CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse will take effect in 2020
- Lutheran World Relief Responds to Persistent Drought in El Salvador and Honduras
- Anilox sleeves from MECA Solutions deliver long-term value
- ASR Media Productions Welcomes Two New Faces to Their Team
- Hercules Real Estate Services Acquires First Community In Jacksonville, FL
- Batley CPA Tax & Business Alert June 2019