Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 276
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 254
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 201
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 172
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 164
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 157
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 154
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 144
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 126
- DW Sanders Tile & Stone Contracting Pledges $1,000 per Month to CTEF During COVID-19 Pandemic 109
Similar on eTradeWire
- Academic Programs at Adora Bright in King City
- Hope for young high achievers in this pandemic world
- Adora Bright: Quality Child Care and Education in a Safe Environment
- Local Non-Profit Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) Launches New Online Program
- UK A Levels versus International A Levels
- Reopening Schools: What Parents and Personnel Need to Know
- AUA Announces Agreement with Texas's Schreiner University
- Pat Brown Institute at Cal State LA honors California secretary of state
- You have options! How to have more choice than you think with Bill Johnson
- Etiquette Coach Receives Honorary Doctrine Degree in (Humanity) from G.I.B.U
Under the Individual with Disabilities Education Act, the federal law that protects the rights of children with ADHD, K-12 schools are required to provide all services specified in each student's individualized education program (IEP), even under the extraordinary circumstances caused by the COVID-19 virus.
When schools reopen, parents will need to take a proactive approach in order to successfully obtain remedial services for their child. "Parents should not expect schools to offer these additional services on their own initiative." Said Leo Marchena, (aka The IEP Guy) a special education advocate who works with parents to uphold student rights.
More on eTradeWire News
- Four Friends Turned A Private Mastermind Into A Book Deal
- If you've lost a job and are struggling during the pandemic, choosing the right credit card could relieve stress
- LRi releases sublimatable facemask with adjustable ear bands
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Eric Spencer Recognized in Arizona Capitol Times' 2020 Best of Capitol Awards
- Forum Joins Long-Term Care Pharmacy Leaders Calling for Support
Marchena suggests three tips to help parents prepare for the request: 1) review the student's IEP and make a chart of frequency and type of services the school is required to provide; 2) document any regression in student's academic and functional performance; and 3) be prepared to submit the documents that show the student's regression at the IEP meeting. "Parents will have to prove to the IEP team that their child has fallen behind either in academic, behavior, or social skills." Marchena concluded.
The IEP Guy will be launching this new service assisting parents through the process of requesting remedial education services as soon as schools reopen.
The IEP Guy is a special education advocate who provides solutions for parents in their quest to obtain appropriate public education services for kids with learning difficulties.
The IEP Guy
- Califa and the Timeless Sentries Episode III "Revelations" Available Now on YouTube!
- Independence Senior Living Assistance and Cleaning Services Announces New Service in Rockwall County
- Take a Sneak Peek Into Your Future: Don't Waste the Opportunity to Grow
- With the Release of His New Audible Book, GIVE A DAMN! Mark S. Lewis Starts a Movement
- ALGO Online Retail Details Everything FBA Sellers Need to Know About Amazon's New Storage Limits
- National Urban League Report Could Impact COVID Vaccine Distribution
- aiaTranslations Offering Telephonic and Video Interpreting Services
- Drea Kelly To Host "let's Talk Healing" Televised Event August 30 At 9 P.m. On Wtkr Channel 3
- The Avenue Inn & Spa Recognized Among Top 25 Hotels in the United States
- #PYNKTALKS: Samora Reggae Superstar in the Making
- 143VINYL (formerly 651VINYL) Adds Tim Holtz Distress Brushes To Their Product Line!
- Special Offer: White 2015 Mazda3
- CB Insights Names LeanTaaS to Digital Health 150 List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups
- Virtual Dystonia Zoo Day is September 12, 2020
- Real Estate Company Revive and Regency Real Estate Brokers, Inc. Announce Collaboration
- Drawdown of Hertz Rental Fleet Will Not Materially Affect Used-Vehicle Pricing
- Academic Programs at Adora Bright in King City
- Renegade Releases Horizontal Rotating Automatic Top Load Parts Washer
- How Stress and Anxiety Impact Your Decision Making
- David Ross Orthodontics Donating Backpacks Filled with School Supplies