Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 153
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 146
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 107
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte - 101
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago!
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- RARE FRUIT COUNCIL INT'L to Host Tropical Fruit Tree & Edible Plant Sale Next Month in WPB
Similar on eTradeWire
- Triunfo Water & Sanitation District Board Approves Reducing Sprinkler Irrigation Time
- K Patrice Williams gains broad sweep of community support for Fairfield City Council
- League of Women Voters PBC Publishes 2022 VOTERS' GUIDE
- Why Send Cubans to Delaware -- or Anywhere?
- Candidate for Clark County administrator endorsed by Clark County Clerk
- Patsy Brown, GOP Candidate Endorsed By Former Democratic State Legislator
- ACI: Speakers from Treasury, DOJ, OFSI to Present at ACI's New York Forum on Economic Sanctions
- Artwork By Brookside Elementary School 2nd Grader Selected By MWD To Appear in 2023 Calendar
- WDTC ramps up the quality of national criminal background checks
- Wohler expands sales team with new hire in the Middle East
The allocation of capital funding comes after years of infrastructure obstacles, resulting in recent outages in the Throggs Neck area. Engine 89/Ladder 50 services the Throggs Neck and Country Club area, where the infrastructure has suffered due to an increase in weather damage and wear and tear. The majority of residential area is home to tens of thousands of residents, many of which have experienced flooding, power outages, and environmental structural damage in recent years.
"By supporting our local emergency services partners, we are ensuring our residents have access to quality services, such as the FDNY," said Council Member Marjorie Velázquez. "If our fire department and agency partners don't have access to power, they cannot respond to life-threatening situations such as fires and floods. It is necessary to have generators available because, without them, they are unable to serve the community."
More on eTradeWire News
- Maxwell "The Night Tour" Featuring Fantasia and Joe Becomes Hurricane Ian Relief Concert in Jacksonville on Sunday, Oct. 2
- Ignite! Conference kicks off its first Annual Conference
- "Third Thursdays" harmolodic jazz series cont. w/Dave Bryant plus Raghuram, Garzone, Rivard & Leake
- NadaMoo! Launches New Bite-Sized Treats
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
"We're grateful to council member Velázquez for her tremendous support of the Department, and in particular, the Firefighters from Engine 89 and Ladder 50 who bravely serve the residents of the Bronx," said Acting Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh. "Generous allocations of capital funding from our elected officials are so important, especially when it comes to improving the facilities and equipment our members use in our firehouses and EMS stations."
I am sincerely grateful and appreciative to Council Member Velázquez for her generous donation of $1.2 million," said Chief John Sarrocco. "This will allow Engine 89/Ladder 50 to purchase a generator for the house as it is a necessity not only for firefighters but for the community. Our firehouses must be equipped with the power & energy necessary to respond to emergencies. With this new addition, our firefighters and EMS members will be better prepared to serve the residents of Council District 13 in the event of crises, such as weather emergencies, natural disasters, or power outages."
- Anthology Woods Launches New Nordic Collection of Light & Bright Wood Cladding & Flooring
- Implants4All Are Now Using Digital Smile Design For Dental Implant Procedures!
- Saelig ABI BoardMaster PCB Test Solution Speeds Wind Turbine Repairs
- Hilliker Corp. Brokers Buy/Sell 17970 Edison Ave
- Christmas is Merrier with ShopEnglish. Find out Why
- SVSF plans grand opening for new Detroit headquarters
- SC Life Sciences Organization Refreshes Brand, Launches New Website
- Logos Communications Receives 2 Clarion Awards
- CDI Global Guides Successful Divestment of Class Creator to Sentral
- Floodproofing.com and Walz & Krenzer Agreement Brings Together Two Industry Leaders
- ITS Ice Builders Assist Dairy, Food Processors and Other Industrial Applications to Maintain Consistently Cool Refrigerant Temperatures
- Smaller, Faster, Safer, and Easier Rectangular Connector
- All-Inclusive Braces & Invisalign Offered in Harrisburg, PA
- Children and families are given the opportunity to engage with the arts
- Southampton Dentist Offers Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry, Including Dental Implants
- UpStart Commerce welcomes James Urbati as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Dog Gurus to Present at the Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo in Pennsylvania
- 9th Annual Demand Response & Distributed Energy Resources Forum Coming to San Diego
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford opens new Memory Care Unit
- Top Benefits of Home Security!