Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 573
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 206
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 201
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 187
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 187
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 175
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 172
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 134
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 124
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 109
Similar on eTradeWire
- DeGarmo, Hemsley Fraser Partnership Set To Enhance Innovative Assessment Platform
- Acuity Named Top Women-Led Business in NH for Sixth Year Running
- Call Experts wins the CAM-X Contact Center and Customer Experience Award of Excellence for 12th year
- UNIHROM Employment Verification Systems Inc. Presents Their Business Concept to VANTEC Angel Network
- Brandon McTavish talks Employer Branding and Talent Acquisition!
- Serguei Zaychenko Emphasizes Importance of Executive Search for Company Growth!
- JARC FL Puts Focus on Disabled Workers During National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Timothy Visconti, Founder of PeopleLift: Creating Positive Candidate Experience
- George Hotter from DraftKings talks Importance of People Analytics in Company Growth!
- Convention with a Universal Message to bring participants from around the World
More on eTradeWire News
- Bricks & Sticks Fishing Tournament raises over $16,000 for Lee BIA Builders Care
- Secure Academic Search Engine Knobull Ranked #2 By The College Post
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- GeneSiC's Industry Leading 6.5kV SiC MOSFETs - the Vanguard for a New Wave of Applications
- ultraHealth Agency to Staff Per Diem and Temporary Medical Professionals
Over the past five months, CDPD members have improved marketability, started new jobs and businesses, and grown their professional networks. CDPD invites career coaches, trainers, and entrepreneurs across industries to provide free training, coaching, and career development to CDPD members. Between June and September, CDPD hosted 30 webinars on Facebook covering resume writing, interview prep, salary negotiation, mental health and leadership, entrepreneurism, networking, and other topics. The organization has approximately 1,000 members on Facebook and LinkedIn.
"Most career development assistance is targeted to young workers, but older workers need support too," said Dennett. From the start, 69 percent of CDPD members have been over 34 years old, with over 55 percent ranging from age 35-54.
Like many older workers, Dennett learned from her parents that if she did well in school, she would get a good job and a good life. Then COVID-19 hit. Many older workers have been laid off or found their jobs are no longer viable. CDPD supports older workers by teaching them how to build networks and relationships as they navigate a new COVID-19 reality. The organization is also developing a virtual mentorship program to engage and mentor members.
More on eTradeWire News
- Innovator launches Kickstarter to raise funds for world's first coaster frame
- Save Money On Halloween Sale With Beautyforever Hair Coupons
- The Essentials Edit - The UK's First Premium PPE Subscription Box
- Local CEO tapped to be part of LPGA Panel
- Wanderful Releases Anti-Oppression Toolkit for Travel & Culture Creators
CDPD has grown through word of mouth, does not advertise, and is increasing its global members weekly. CDPD was established as a non-profit in June and is seeking funding as it grows its membership. Dennett Edwards currently self-funds the entire program.
- Raytheon Technologies Sponsors Joint Military Pitch Day
- D'Hawk Shows a Visualized Awakening of the Tragic Events that Suggest It is the Last Days
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?
- Save Money With Refurb Laptops
- Are You Taking Your Health Seriously?
- Awakening the Warrior Within and Giving Tools to Survive
- Molly Secours' New Book "White Privilege Pop Quiz" Drawing Early National Praise
- MTech Mobility Joins ATA to Advance Telehealth Initiatives
- Lisa Little is Named Best Real Estate Agent in Dripping Springs, Texas
- Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. Patti Flint now offering sought-after lip lift procedure
- FinXTech Selects RESULTS Technology to be Featured in their Directory for Banks
- MAAT Contributes Audio Visualization Tool
- Give the Gift of Coffee This Holiday Season and Support Members of the Military and First Responders
- Why Natural Looking Hair Loss Treatments Help You Look Your Best
- Gig Assist Launches Its Marketplace to Connect Businesses with Local On-Demand Workforce
- NEW EVE3 3.9" 1U Bar Display with USB, Speaker and Haptic Feedback
- "What If?" by Peter Webster is published by Grosvenor House
- VOCO Creative recommends Bethany Elgin and Government Marketplace team
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: High Speed Rail Around the World
- Entrepreneur, Investor Signs $100,000 Contract With Hotel To Host First Female Founders Pitch Summit Despite Pandemic