Popular on eTradeWire
- Mahoney's Texish Bar & Restaurant "Drag Me to Brunch" Event UPDATE
- Y2Q - the quantum threat to our data & communications
- SEE Company Inc. Introduces New Brand Ambassador, Ericka Dunlap at WBENC National Conference
- KRAVIS CENTER Announces The Kat & Dave Show: David Foster & Katharine McPhee LIVE
- Cave Creek and Scottsdale, AZ Area Luxury Homes Attract Pro Athletes & Business Professionals
- Onlive Server Offers South Africa VPS Hosting in Johannesburg with Control Panel and SSD Storage
- The ACC STL and Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis Hosted 2022 Corporate Counsel Institute
- @LinoLakes has a #homeforsale with amazing views!
- Physicians' Primary Care Welcomes Kristy Yentes, FNP
- As Women Unapologetically Step into their Power, Business Skyrockets
Similar on eTradeWire
- Getting Health Insurance During Pregnancy
- Health Insurance Coverage For Newborns
- Other Structure Insurance Coverage
- Medicare Insurance Association To Launch New Agent Success Center
- Have You Recently Lost Medicaid Health Insurance?
- When Does Medical Insurance Cover Dental Work?
- Texting While Driving In Nevada
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Dermatology?
- Las Vegas Insurance Agency Talks Plain English To Seniors
- Should Married Couples Combine Health Insurance?
"Between 50 and 60 percent of policyholders choose to keep their original policy benefit levels and pay the increased premium," explains Jesse Slome, American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance director. "While no one likes to pay more money, these individuals recognize the value of this protection because they are older and thus closer to the risk of needing long-term care."
According to the Association between 20 and 30 percent of individuals notified of an approved premium increase chose to adjust their policy provisions. "Many buyers initially selected the 5 percent inflation growth option," Slome notes. "When they review their policy benefits along with their present financial situation, it often makes sense to reduce the growth factor and thus avoid the premium increase. In some cases, they may even pay less money for their continued long-term care insurance coverage."
More on eTradeWire News
- New 5" TFT Displays with IPS Technology at Newhaven Display
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Back Seaboard Solutions as a platinum member
- Exeter Orthodontics in Lancaster Accepting New Patients
- Buying Buddy IDX CRM Launches an Enhanced Squarespace IDX plugin
- Guests Can Receive Sixth and Seventh Nights Free at Select KeysCaribbean Resorts
Between 10 and 20 percent of consumers elect the non-forfeiture option Slome shares. "Typically, these individuals will stop paying premiums but will still qualify for benefits should they need qualifying care," Slome notes. "The last time we conducted such an analysis, it was common for only 1-3 percent of policyholders to drop coverage," Slome adds.
The long-term care insurance executive attributed the change to 'premium increase fatigue' as well as two other factors. "The long-term care insurance industry has failed to convey to consumers how this protection is benefiting hundreds of thousands of families each year," Slome shares.
"And, for some, the value of accrued benefits are perceived to be sufficient for meeting future needs. Paying continued premium is viewed as no longer making financial sense."
To access the latest long-term care insurance statistics go to https://www.aaltci.org/long-term-care-insurance/learning-center/ltcfacts-2022.php.
The American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI) advocates for the importance of long-term care planning and supports insurance professionals who market both traditional and hybrid long-term care solutions. To access information go to https://www.aaltci.org or call the organization at 818-597-3227.
- Chowder on and Savor the Season with Fall Trail and Fest
- Study Uncovers Crucial Insights for Technology Sales Leaders
- Fathym announces the addition of Sergio Sotolongo to its board of directors
- How To Determine the Best Curing & Drying Equipment for Manufacturing Batteries
- Announcing the Release of Bella FSM 2.0 - Field Service Management
- Active Adult Living in Two Cherokee Locations
- Mickael Marabou & Davido teams up on new upbeat romantic pop hit
- Prolific Author Tam R. Luc Celebrates Positive Title IX Achievements and Pushes Businesswomen to the Next Level with Boss Up Summit
- Jim Luciano Of Compass Sells Intracoastal Front Residence For $5.25M
- Podthon Returns for 4th Annual - with a Twist
- Avion Medical Skin Centres to offer innovative treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer patients
- What is cloud computing services with example?
- Grant Shapps backs rail industry to bolster jobs during visit to manufacturer Silver Fox
- New summer offerings coming to London and Sydney
- Different ways to find someone on Facebook
- Enmarket Announces New VP of Marketing
- Gairy St. Clair Superhero Fight Night to Host World Title Fights
- No One is Above the Law - Our Democracy is in YOUR hands!
- Was it News or Advertising? Here are 12 questions about The Slippery Slope of Native Advertising
- From Coronavirus to Roe vs. Wade, who did it?