Popular on eTradeWire
- Potential to Transform Sacramento County - 137
- Work 365 Announces Integration with Datto's Autotask PSA for CSP Automation
- Gone But Not Forgotten: Covid-19 Victims Remembered!
- La tecnología de camas médicas de EE. UU. llega a México y América Latina
- Mallika Appana Announces the Release of My Trip to the Fair
- The proof is in: America's federal and state judiciaries are co-opted and their proper function must be promptly restored to protect human rights
- Media Mogul, Brianne Talocka, Creates Network to Help People with Finances
- Mashup LA's 5th Anniversary Celebration Presented by LEDVANCE
- Jason Benson of Paulding County Georgia's Skyren Concrete details work completed for Blue Print 58
- Stage 4 Cancer patient opens Website / Photography / Videography Studio in the LES
Similar on eTradeWire
- Crossroads Sheds Reinvents Its Carport Pricing Builder to Help Arcadians Protect Their Cars
- Where Quality Meets Service: Crossroads Sheds Now in Port Charlotte, FL
- Need a query phone number to Walmart On?
- DIY Monkey - The Best How To DIY Online YouTube Channels
- ICC Networking awarded the Export Achievement Certification by the US Department of Commerce
- Last Chance to Enter to Win a $5,000 Shopping Spree!
- Luxury Presence Streamlines Sales Presentations with New Groundbreaking Tool
- My Elite Clean Kansas City, Missouri Sponsors Youth Baseball in Lees Summit for the 2022 Season
- IndyGeneUS AI Awarded Grant Funding through QuickFire Challenge
- Axiomtek's eBOX Series of Embedded Systems Now Support the Hailo-8™ Edge AI Modules
A data breach involves an unauthorized party gaining access to consumer data that is being maintained by a company. Usually, data breaches are the result of a hacking event or some other type of cyberattack. While a data breach doesn't necessarily mean that the information obtained will be used for criminal purposes, it is a very real possibility, as there is no way to be sure what the party in possession of the information plans to do with it.
News of the LendUS data breach is very fresh, and the investigation is only in its infancy. However, the breach raises questions about the company's efforts to keep consumer data secure. If it turns out that LendUS, LLC mishandled consumer data leading up to the breach or did not ensure adequate IT security measures were in place, affected parties may be eligible for financial compensation through a class action lawsuit.
Attorney Richard P. Console, Jr. explains, "It's easy to place all the blame for a data breach on the person who hacks into an organization's system; however, this ignores the legal and moral obligation that these companies owe to customers. When someone gives a company their business, they trust that the information in the organization's possession will remain private—and out of the hands of criminals. While protecting consumer data requires a business to undergo some effort and expense, in our current environment of widespread hacking, this is a cost of doing business that all organizations must take seriously."
More on eTradeWire News
- Biggest Mistake, the Album That Features All Exclusive Hits From Friday the Legend
- dpInk is accepting new clients among business development, capture and proposal efforts
- Locate Underground Cables and Pipes Before You Put Up a Fence
- DonnaInk Publications is open for manuscript submissions
- Scottsdale, Arizona – Team One Mile Prepares for Bicycle Race of a Lifetime – Across the USA
According to the data breach letter by LendUS, LLC, the company noticed unusual activity regarding several employees' email accounts. In response, the company secured the employees' email accounts and initiated an investigation into what was then only a possible breach. However, the investigation confirmed that an unauthorized party accessed certain employee email accounts at various times between February 2, 2021 and March 22, 2021. While LendUS, LLC was not able to determine which emails or attachments were accessed, the company determined that the email accounts contained the names and Social Security numbers of 12,205 individuals.
LendUS, LLC notes that there is no indication that the unauthorized party used or intends to use any of the data obtained; however, the company's investigation is ongoing. On January 19, the company sent out data breach notifications to all affected parties, informing them of the breach and what they can do to protect themselves.
As the investigation progresses, if it turns out that LendUS, LLC did not maintain the necessary data-security protocol to protect consumers' data, those impacted by the breach may be able to pursue a claim for financial compensation through a class action lawsuit.
Those receiving a data breach letter from the LendUS, LLC should take the following steps to protect themselves:
1.) Carefully review the letter sent by LendUS, LLC;
2.) Retain a copy of the data breach notification letter;
More on eTradeWire News
- Buyer's Agent in Orange County, CA - OC Real Estate Agent
- Adjust.clinic now offers Kinetisense evaluations for athletes
- Gary Kevin Coats Real Estate Project Featured in ProjectManagement.com
- A Letter From 'A Hot Set's' New Editor-In-Chief
- Top Real Estate Agents in Orange County, CA
3.) Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by LendUS, LLC;
4.) Change all passwords and security questions to online accounts;
5.) Frequently review all credit card and bank account statements for any signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
6.) Monitor credit reports for any unexpected changes or signs of identity theft;
7.) Contact a credit bureau to request a temporary fraud alert; and
8.) Notify all banks and credit card companies of the data breach.
To learn more about this data breach, please visit https://www.myinjuryattorney.com/lendus-data-breach/
Console & Associates P.C. is dedicated to advancing consumers' privacy interests at every opportunity. The firm investigates all types of data breaches, ransomware attacks and other network intrusions to determine the legal rights of consumers who trusted corporations with their sensitive information. Console & Associates, P.C. can be reached through the firm's website at https://www.myinjuryattorney.com/consumer-privacy-data-breach-lawyers/.
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' STURGIS BUFFALO CHIP Spicy' BIKINI Round Finals! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA!
- Real Estate Agents in Orange County, CA - OC Real Estate Agent
- Christine Kourik Earns Annual Sales Production Award
- St. Louis Author Carin Fahr Shulusky Releases Finding Light in a Lost Year
- SMPA E-Health is Developing a Tool to Promote Self-Care and Wellness
- The 7th Annual United Nations International Yoga Day at The Meadow Club
- Gospel Recording Artist Win Thompkins Launches a New Soul Music Project
- Serum Albumin from Human Plasma – Fatty Acid Free
- Universal Block Buffer for Immunohistochemistry
- HelleBooks LLC Announces RASMOOSE THE CHRISTMAS MOOSE Children's Book for the Holidays
- Recognized again as A Great Place to Work
- Queen Of Fantasy Enigmatic Story, DM Simpson is Signing Fantasy & Thriller Books in NC Right Now
- Growing Up Beckham: Kordell Beckham Makes Runway Debut
- Huge Fundraising, Charity Football Event at Wycombe Wanderers FC on Sunday May 15th
- Ninkus products for fun and enjoyable way to relef stress, pain, anxiety and discomfort
- Stream A Mountain of Entertainment with Paramount+!
- Comedian Don Barnhart Brings Nightly Laughter To Jokesters Comedy Club In Las Vegas
- High Ticket Sales Jobs - The New Approach to 6-Figures on the Side
- American First National Bank provides grant to local Non-Profit
- 64TEN 21-Year Anniversary and Ed Negron Street Naming Tribute