Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 351
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 316
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 194
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 177
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 176
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 159
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 115
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- 1964-The Tribute Brings Their Fab Four Show Back to the Weinberg Stage
- Tyler Perry taps award winning actor, comedian and social media sensation Blameitonkway for Madea's Farewell Play Tour
- New Orleans Natural Hair Expo + Brunch
- 2019 Journey of Saila Rachelle REALITY TV SHOW on GRRTV.us
- Fruita Monument High School String Quartet to Join the Pros
- Iron Man Hot Toys Are Seriously Collectible
- Sin City Presents Magazine to Host 1st Annual Shredder of The Year Awards
- Dubuque Senior High School String Quartet to join the pros
- Finalists Named for Beaufort International Film Festival 2019
- Austin's Best DJs to give away FREE wedding service for deserving couple in 2019
With so few roles written for women of color, it can be incredibly difficult to land auditions, particularly without representation and a sparse acting reel.
In the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative they state only four women of color were featured as leads or co-leads in the top 100 films from 2017. Additionally, the findings conclude that "no meaningful change" has taken place in the last ten years when it comes to diverse racial representation on screen.
These bleak statistics encouraged the duo to create CharacterBased (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/characterbase...): a monologue series that uses preexisting plays, literature, and films, reenacted by Lynnese, produced by Victoria, filmed in New York City.
More on eTradeWire News
- Business Coach Richard A. Kranitz publishes article on paralegal training
- Explore the Google Pay and How to Use it-Ysupportnumber
- Millennials Are Choosing Not To Get Married but failing at it anyway
- Robert Hilger Named Whistle Stop Gallery 2018 Master Artist
- Jewelove Launches Platinum Love Bands New Season's Collection Online
- Disney's New Award Winning Author Launches "Pop-In" Book Tour
- Business Coach and lawyer publishes article on integrating legal assistants into law office
Drawing on inspiration from various artists that inspired, the duo used social media as a platform to promote each work.
What was ultimately something that came out of necessity, turned into a larger project surrounding the lack of opportunities for women of color to have their own creative agency in front and behind the camera.
With a variety of new television series and films featuring diverse casts, some may think the industry is "changing", but the statistics are contrary to what's presented on screen.
Victoria states, "we hope we can inspire other actors in the same predicament to follow this model, not only to build an acting portfolio, and garner attention from casting directors and agents, but also as a form of self-empowerment."
- Third Generation Manufacturer Expands Facility
- Revolutionary all-terrain wheelchair passes first trail test with flying colors
- Novodiax launches ihcDirect® CD20 and ihcDirect Vimentin antibody assays
- SION Trading FZE Secures Precious Metals Contract
- Emergency departments brace for sprain drain
- Helping America Now - Empowering Individuals To Take Back Their Lives By Improving Their Situation
- Core 3's Manager named 2018 Snow & Ice All Star
- Cal State LA receives NIH grant to boost research in biomedical and behavioral sciences
- Gig Wage Receives Funding from Revolution's Rise of the Rest Seed Fund
- After the Rains Warning: A small puddle of water in the house could be much bigger than it seems
- Omnichain Solutions Named to Food Logistics Magazine's 2018 FL100+ List
- Serial Entrepreneur Gianluca De Novi, Ph.D. brings XSurgical to the US
- MN Woman Starts Fundraiser for Mother's with Medical Bills because of Renal Cancer
- Prairie Capital Advisors Wins Awards From M&a Advisor And M&a Atlas
- Cimcorp Earns Fourth Consecutive FL100+ Honors From Food Logistics Magazine
- blumshapiro Elects Brooke Simpson as Partner
- Co-Founder of the Tor Project to Speak at KNOW 2019
- Million Dollar Gaming Tournament for Call of Duty 4 and Madden 19
- IBEW Local 332 And Santa Clara Valley NECA Donate LED Lights To Christmas in the Park
- #1 Best-Selling Humor Author Amy Lyle Releases "We're All A Mess. It's OK"