Popular on eTradeWire
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 262
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 241
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 226
- IAM and Universiti Malaya form collaborative relationship/ MOU - 166
- National Black Pre-Law Conference and Law Fair Connects Aspiring Black Lawyers to Insider Knowledge, Networking, and Resources - 139
- The New Way of Selling Your House! - 118
- Lorien Health Services Sweep the 2023 Daily Reader Rankings - 112
- Northrop Grumman extends its 100% commitment to Drawbridge Realty's Spectrum Corporate Center - 107
- Superior Seating to Showcase Top Hospitality Furniture at Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show 2023 - 107
- Expert Writer Melanie Green to Host The Freelance Writing Podcast
Similar on eTradeWire
- Lumena, A New Luxury Oceanfront Condominium Takes Flight on Florida's Space Coast
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
- Who Has Been Distracted During Work or Athletics, from Debris falling Between the Shoe and Sock
- Industry Standard Warehouse Racking Melbourne - Outer Space Installs
- Rope Access Melbourne Trusts - Abseiling Building Maintenance | Contract Solutions Australia
- MBCEA Has Released a New Mobile App
- Machinery Masterclass Institute Revolutionize Heavy Equipment Industry with Innovative Online Course
- Larson-Danielson donates over 1,300 items to food pantries
- Everblue Energy Auditor Training & Solar Courses Approved for Workforce Development Grant Funding
- Shoring Services in Toronto and The GTA
Applications for Concrete Screws
Concrete screws are very versatile and are ideal for use in both light and medium duty fastening applications. These screws come in a variety of sizes and styles that are easily installed. After installation, concrete screws can be removed without disturbing the base material. These screws are useful because they can be installed close to edges, unlike other types of fasteners. The different lengths can be used when the fastening material has a thickness of up to 5". This wide range of lengths allows the screws to be used to fasten studs, plywood, electrical boxes, exterior insulation systems and many other applications.
Concrete Screw Threads
The industry term for the threads of concrete screws is "High-Low". The design of "High-Low" threads assists with dust removal during installation. This type of thread also permits the screw to tap threads consistently and delivers high-quality performance. When the threads are cut into the base material it is important that the dust must be removed as quickly as it is created. This ensures smooth and consistent installation, with less torque required to insert the screw into the base material.
If the dust is removed slower than it is created, several problems can occur. The screw can bind up in the hole, preventing further insertion and/or prohibiting the removal of the screw. Also, if the screw binds in the hole and too much torque is applied, the head of the screw can shear off. Since the lead thread is doing all the cutting of the base material, the quality of the steel and thread forming is extremely important when using these screws.
More on eTradeWire News
- THINKWARE Announces Christmas and Holiday Deals
- Top Promotional Product Trends in 2024
- Dr. Jonathan Nissanoff, QME Physician for Orthopedic Medical Legal Cases In Downey
- TOZZbike Announced the Upcoming "Pipegun Original" electric kick-bike at the London EV Show 2023
- Australia's Reno Queen Cherie Barber Set To Renovate One of Australia's Tiniest Homes
As with all concrete anchors, the hole tolerance for a concrete screw is critical. Always use a hammer drill and a matched tolerance carbide tipped masonry bit when installing concrete screws.
- 1/4" diameter screws use a 3/16" bit
- 3/16" diameter screws use a 5/32" bit
The hole should always be drilled at least 1/4" deeper than the required embedment. This will guarantee that the screw does not bottom out before it reaches the desired depth of embedment. If the screw bottoms out because the hole is not deep enough; it will stop, bind up and most likely shear off at the head.
Masonry bits come in different lengths to accommodate the different lengths of screws that are available. These bits are typically available in 3-1/2", 4-1/2", and 5-1/2" lengths.
Concrete screws require a minimum embedment of no less than 1" and a maximum embedment of 1-3/4" into the base material. An embedment of less than 1" should not be used because this will diminish the holding values of the screw.
True holding values are not known in this situation.
Trying to embed the screw deeper than 1-3/4" could cause a variety of problems including:
- The screw binding in the hole prohibiting it from going any further
- Prohibiting the removal of the screw
- Shearing off the screw head
Determining the Length of Concrete Screw to Use
Each application may require a different concrete screw length. To determine the length of screw required, follow the instructions below:
- Thickness of the material to be fastened + (a minimum of 1" or a maximum of 1-3/4") = the required length of screw
Keep in mind that all concrete screws are measured from under the head. For example, when fastening a 2x4 to concrete, the 2x4 is 1-1/2" thick. Take 1-1/2" plus a minimum of 1" and a maximum of 1-3/4" embedment. This provides a total of 2-1/2" to 3-1/4" for the screw length. Concrete screws are available in lengths of 2-3/4" and 3-1/4". In this case, the 2-3/4" screw would be the proper choice, as the embedment would be 1-1/4".
More on eTradeWire News
- Dr. April Webster, 2x Author, Receives Community Service Leader Award for Leader in Women Empowerment
- Coming Up On Fox Business Financial Industry Legend Tom Hegna
- October 2023 Financial Market Review
- The Dog Gurus to Host Their Business Breakthrough Workshop In 2024
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated The Transaction BT Lodging Source, LLC And Olif
Installation of Concrete Screws
The installation of a concrete screw is quite simple. Installation can be completed in three steps:
1. Using a hammer drill and a correctly sized carbide tipped masonry bit, drill a pilot hole 1/4" deeper than the recommended embedment.
2. Clear the hole of all debris.
3. Using a standard drill with the appropriate hex or Phillips socket, drive the concrete screw into the pre-drilled hole until the screw is fully seated.
** Be careful not to over-tighten the screw, this may cause the screw to spin in the hole stripping the threads.
To order online: https://www.confast.com/confast-concrete-screws/ (https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0019hCKrd2A79GJJbo1GUpE17EY7jgyic7WOzXys6azwNYWqmqmIahX_ogAMAJ8Hm0F47An877A6opv4B0ziPCM8eRMzwmdLoPa-S7obdxkTYUr3oER3elqLvXlo5Lv_TVpjpotdBe75Tn-O-ibmZUvah83OkjJWPn8KxC3CWLRddsiBXOIUaoktQ==&c=&ch)
- ICTCRM and CTI, A Dynamic Duo for Exceptional Customer Service
- Amazing deals on quality home decor, lighting fixtures and smart home gadgets
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Short-Term Rental Expert Leslie Anne Morris
- Phosphate-Buffered 4% Paraformaldehyde with Picric Acid
- Avi C. Shoham Joins Kalis, Kleiman & Wolfe as an Associate
- Capturing the Divine Feminine: "Guadalupe" Photography Exhibit by Amanda Lopez Debuts at Altura LA
- Trevor Day: Brewing a New Chapter in Georgetown, Spring 2024
- Dental Veneer Services in North York
- Medicare Insurance Association Renews E&O Offering For All Agents
- The NEW FX10- cutting-edge industrial composite 3D printer
- Shop & Dine Downtown Downers Grove This Holiday Season & Earn Rewards!
- University of Missouri chooses Mondo Super X 720 banked track for indoor facility
- A Walk In The Woods an Annual Exhibition Of Landscape Paintings
- Transitions Healthcare, LLC Acquires The Shook Home & The Quarters at Shook in Chambersburg, PA
- Ringing In The New Year An Annual Exhibit Of Paintings
- Jodee Singz releases new single "Jijem" to all major platforms
- New Book Discloses "Lost" UFO Cases of the Old West
- VALFIX Medical Inc. Secures Fifth Consecutive Grant from the Israel Innovation Authority
- New from Down & Out Books: BRUTAL & STRANGE edited by Jim Fusilli
- iOT365 Launches Pioneering SaaS Solution for Operational Technology Security