Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 120
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man"
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fathers Incorporated Partners with the Center for Black Women's Wellness to Support New Fathers
- Piping Systems Inc. Hosts 2nd Annual Golf Tournament to Benefit the Megan Lally Memorial Fund for B
- Join Us at the Icla da Silva 2019 Hope Gala
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- Celebrated Author Richard C. Morais to Keynote Cultural Vistas Awards Gala
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Two Ways Home, starring Tanna Frederick and Tom Bower an official Women Texas Film Festival selection will be screening on Saturday, August 17th
- Executive Director Search Announced
- Celebrity Charity Football Tournament at Seaford FC in Sussex for 4 Charities
- Smiles for Innocents: 102 Exonerees to Receive Free Dental Care
Housing stress is a major issue in the Northern Rivers region with 13.2% of households on low incomes spending more than a third of their pay on housing costs. This is coupled with low rental vacancy rates, making the job of finding an affordable property on a low income extremely difficult.
Momentum Collective, CEO Virginia Walker, said it was important to help women transition out of emergency and crisis accommodation and into secure housing.
She said there has been a significant increase in demand for emergency and crisis accommodation by women escaping family and domestic violence in the Lismore area.
Momentum Collective is responding by establishing a transitional model of accommodation where women will be supported into long term housing.
"There is a growing problem in this region – women are wanting to leave crisis accommodation and find somewhere to live, but because there is nothing affordable for them, they end up staying in crisis care meaning fewer beds are available in emergencies," Ms Walker said.
More on eTradeWire News
- Dale Dye Selected as Writer of the Year by the Military Writers Society of America (MWSA)
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present Georgia-Based '90s Alternative Rock Band \
- CJV Real Estate Has a New Listing in Wheat Ridge, CO 80214
- WeCutFoam Announces Newly Designed Website Launch
- Pet Products Zone: Highly-Desired Pet Products for Your Four-Legged Friends
"Many of these women are fleeing dangerous situations and have nothing but the clothes on their backs. We are responding by establishing a house where single women can go for up to 12 months and receive the support they need to get back on their feet and move into affordable and secure housing."
Lismore State MP Janelle Saffin supports the initiative and urges local businesses and the community to help Momentum Collective set up the house by donating furniture.
"We frequently call upon local businesses who are so generous as are our community members," she said.
"Unfortunately, more and more women in our community are experiencing homelessness, displaced by the housing affordability crisis in our region. The home being created by Momentum Collective will give women a safe and secure place to go and help them get back on their feet."
While items don't need to be new, they should be in good condition. Anyone interested in donating items can call Momentum Collective on (02) 6621 2685.
More on eTradeWire News
- TFG Launches new line of co branded secured credit cards
- AESA Expo at Glendale Tech Week 2019
- AESA Conference at Glendale Tech Week 2019: Call for Abstracts!
- MSP GURU and Cyberfish Partner to Serve their Mutual Clients
- Disability Lifestyle Influencer Releases Debut Book Titled "Rolling Through Life With Mommy"
Monetary donations can be made at https://mymomentum.org.au/donate/
Items needed for the house:
• 3 x double / queen size beds and mattresses
• Washing machine and dryer
• Dining table and chairs
• Coffee tables
• Outdoor furniture
• Bedside tables
• Linen / bedding
• Kitchen appliances
• Storage shelving
For any further information please contact Sequel PR
Sequel PR – experts in marketing communications, crisis management and public relations (PR).
Tammy Shipperley, Sequel PR
- A Guide To Used Car Buying In Canada
- YINCAE - New NC 256 Zero Residue Flux
- Class E Camping: The Essential Camping Products You Need for Successful Nights Outdoors
- E&I Cooperative Awards Indoor Air Quality & HVAC Services Contract to Pure Air Control Services
- Regent Revenue Cycle Management Expands Service Infrastructure to Accommodate Next Phase of Growth
- Professional Boxing Event "Battle of the South" Friday, August 23rd at Atlanta Coliseum
- National Opioid Crisis Expert Dr. John Rosa Encourages Education About The Danger of Taking Pills
- ADL Enhances EMR Functionality for PDPM
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home
- Backpack Health and Project Alive Partner to Advance Hunter Syndrome Research
- Brevard County Surges in Growth; Luxury Housing Struggles to Keep Up
- Clutch recognizes L7 Creative as a Top Advertising & Marketing Agency in San Diego
- Generator Emissions Testing to Maintain EPA Standards
- BSC Capital Partners Invests in Largest Chronic Care Management Provider, ChartSpan
- San Antonio Soft Shell Head Gear and Safety Equipment Representative Announces New Website
- Justice Tax, LLC Believes in Giving Back to Our Community
- Justice Tax, LLC Makes Donation to Dreams Come True
- New Spatial Augmented Reality System Enters Toronto Tech Stream
- The Work Truck Show 2020 marks 20th anniversary of North America's largest work truck event
- Comfort Fit Pets releases another new Dog Harness