Popular on eTradeWire News
- Aramsco Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sun-Belt USA 717
- Beverly Hills PR Firm Signs 'Deeper Than Music Radio' Now Streaming on iHeartRadio 673
- Mobile game Maze: Shadow of Light Pre-registration begins on iOS and Android 334
- Crossover Film Festival is Live 225
- SOPHI Kickstarts Operations in Cebu 224
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 206
- Reach Higher, Collegewise partner to make college counseling resources available to all students 203
- Compare Bear Announces New Free Resource to Help Customers Save Even More Money 196
- Area Leaders Impressed with Knovva Academy Students as they Visit Argentina for Y20 Activities 190
- LSUS Dean & Professor Violate Students' 1st Amendment Rights Nationwide 180
Similar on eTradeWire News
- CENTRIA Products Complete Golden State Lumber's Drive-Through Facility
- Ceramic Tile Education Foundation Launches Searches for Executive Director
- Hurricane Damages Creating Extraordinary Demand for Heavy Duty Tarps
- Floret Group: All Set To Make A Mark In History With International Trade And Profit
- La grande innovazione nel settore delle macchine movimento terra targata Caldarola
- Badger Maps provides free mapping software for disaster relief after hurricane Florence
- Fauntelle Carrillo Hired as Account Executive at Cavignac & Associates
- Beware of storm chasing roofers- Hire only reputed roofing contractor such as Coppell roofing pro
- Democratising miracle carbon fibre
- Project Playhouse Returns to Atlanta!
By Scott Hamele, DBIA President and founder of Construction DesignWorks, LLC and Nationwide Commercial Inspections, LLC
As a customer, how do you know exactly what you are getting when you ask commercial construction contractors to build off a set of architectural construction documents? It doesn't matter if you are working with design-build (http://constructiondesignworks.net/design-build-2/) general contractors, commercial construction contractors or franchise construction companies (http://constructiondesignworks.net/successful-fra...), the devil is always in the details and you as a customer may not realize what you are getting until it is too late. That is why you should ask for mock-ups of specific finished products.
In design and construction a mock-up is a scale or full-size model of a product and/or design used to demonstrate the final look, quality of materials and installation practice. A mock-up is a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design. Mock-ups are used by general contractors, architects and designers mainly to acquire feedback from the client. Mock-ups address the idea captured in a popular engineering phrase: You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer (https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-glossary-of-human-computer-interaction/mock-ups).
More on eTradeWire News
- Anand Mahurkar of Findability Sciences accepted into Forbes Technology Council
- Vovance Announced to Offer Cloud Computing Services to Global Clients
- Swiss International School Dubai Announces New Leadership and Developments for The New Academic Year
- "SAE" Students Win International Awards During their Participation in Four Film Festivals
- 90210 Cosmetic Dentist or Cosmetic Dentistry in Beverly Hills?
- Install MS office 365 and Best for your Business
- Beyond the Viewing Experience: How Samsung's QLED TV Incorporates Style with Function
Common construction mock-ups for commercial tenant finish (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-tenant-finish/) and ground up commercial building (http://constructiondesignworks.net/ground-up-cons...) projects include the following types:
Exterior wall mock-ups are the most common in ground up new construction projects as they are the most visible to the public and are also vital to the moisture protection and overall integrity of the building envelope. Exterior wall mock-ups should demonstrate the framing members, insulation, exterior substrate and final product material. All flashing and joint sealants should also be completed to demonstrate what the final version will look like. Because a building façade can look differently in the sun depending on what side of the building you are looking at, the mock-up should be moved to different locations and direction to fully demonstrate the look in shade and sun at different times of the day.
Interior Wall Tile
The look of wall tile is completely dependent not only on the type and style of the tile, but the installation of the product. The tile, color depth and width of the grout lines may look different if rotated in different directions. Particular attention should be paid to the substrate and expectation of the performance of the final product. Is it simply a back splash with little moisture exposure or a shower that has direct water contact?
The details and elevations of casework (cabinets) are difficult to convey on paper and if you are purchasing hundreds of lineal feet, it would be prudent to request one set of casework to be fabricated that includes lower and upper bases along with the tops. The final product may be commercial or residential style, wood or laminate with tops varying from granite to laminate. The pulls and knobs should also be installed to convey to the client the entire final package and its look and ability to withstand the expected use.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Taming of the Drone-UAV - Faceless Airborne Terror
- ZooZwear Apparel Website Debut with The Top 25 Dog Breeds & The Top 10 Cat Breeds
- Vindaloo VoIP Announced to Offer Call shop Solution Development Service
- How to Reduce School Suspension With Students of Color
- Educator and Youth Advocate Addresses Middle School Bullying in her Latest Read The Misfits!
- Share the love, enjoy quality time with your loved ones in nature
- Tenfold Protocol Breaks DApp Scalability Wall with Top 10 Game HyperDragons
The examples above of mock-ups provided by commercial construction contractors are just a few of the hundreds that may be required to properly convey the architectural intent and its fulfillment of the needs of the client. Make sure to let the general contractor, suppliers and sub-contractors know what mock-ups are required during the bidding process as these mock-ups can costs thousands of dollars in some instances.
About Construction DesignWorks
Construction DesignWorks uses its hands-on approach and design expertise to create and develop a winning design-build team that is specialized for each customer. Their complete turnkey solutions align with the unique business needs of various types of real estate. Construction DesignWorks, LLC. is located at 6657 Woodland Drive in Shawnee, Kansas. If you are looking for a commercial construction contractor or for more information about interior design-build, call (913) 745-4727 or visit their website http://constructiondesignworks.net.
View original article on (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC) commercial construction contractors (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-con...) here. (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC)
- Veteran-led Team Rubicon Supporting Response and Recovery Efforts in the Wake of Hurricane Florence
- Florida's Trusted Homebuyer "David Buys Houses Florida" Introduces New Website
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Welcomes Nora Dodds
- NYT Report Outrages Trump - Yes, He Can Fire Mueller Himself
- How to Examine Keyword Competition with Google?
- Nicholas Alahverdian Endorses PoliticalTalkNow
- Nepal Tour Package | Book Now Tour Packages of Nepal
- How Indoor Positioning and Navigation Technologies can Improve Convention Center Operations
- Logix Blossom County Dream Project sector 137 Noida
- Nimble launches a safe driving mobile app
- The Rap Flow in the Song 'T.U.T.T' by D1 is Insanely Amazing
- Global 3D Printed Drugs Market Research and Forecast 2018-2027
- Are You Traveling To Nepal? Please know These Before Traveling
- Senior Care Organizations Honored by City Beat News with Spectrum Customer Satisfaction Awards
- Disney Blog Re imagined - WDW Travels
- Halloween Fun Lasts All Month Long at the Station
- A Guide to Finding Cheap Auto Insurance with No Credit Check
- Dr. Li Natural Wellness Beta Program to Be Launched to Connect Healthcare Professionals & Patients
- Artificial Intelligence Reveals Best Tasting Whey Powder
- The Lizard War Is Over Now What? Find Out In "Devil's Moon (Legends Of The Lost Tribes Book 3)