Popular on eTradeWire News
- My Size, Inc. has potential takeover from Alibaba Group 1671
- Seasoned Music Executive Mike Neely Bridges the Gap Between Music & Education 399
- ATEN to Offer HDBaseT Certification Training During Almo 2018 E4 AV Tour 182
- Michael W. Smith Leads "Just As I Am" During Rev. Billy Graham Capitol Service Today 119
- United Premier Soccer League Announces OKC 1889 as New Central Conference Expansion Team 112
- Indie Rapper Hot Dizzy Continues to Spread Energetic Vibes in Music Zone 102
- UP Board exams 2018: Class 10 Science paper and Class 12 Physics paper cancelled due to paper leak
- 2017 Bram Stoker Awards® Winners
- Harbor Associates Expands Suburban Office Portfolio with Thousand Oaks and Valencia Buys for $56 MM
- Jonas Caino Obodoefuna Becomes a Nigerian Igbo Life Peer in the Ancient "Nze na Ozo" Institution
Similar on eTradeWire News
- 3D Construction Printing by Armatron Systems
- Garrison Collection will be attending the HD Expo
- McCarthy Building Companies promotes Antonya Williams to Vice President
- Owen-Ames-Kimball completes construction of Creative World School in Gateway community of Fort Myers
- McCarthy Awarded 'Excellence in Construction' for Baylor College of Medicine Level 6 Research Lab
- Pulse of the City News Recognizes Five-Time Customer Satisfaction Award Winners
- CONFAST Hex Head Concrete Screw Now Available
- Garrison Collection partnered with Home Made Simple
- Odell Construction Inc. Named 2018 Contractor of the Year by NARI Greater Cleveland
- Safeguard Self Storage Expands in Florida
By Scott Hamele, DBIA President and founder of Construction DesignWorks, LLC and Nationwide Commercial Inspections, LLC
As a customer, how do you know exactly what you are getting when you ask commercial construction contractors to build off a set of architectural construction documents? It doesn't matter if you are working with design-build (http://constructiondesignworks.net/design-build-2/) general contractors, commercial construction contractors or franchise construction companies (http://constructiondesignworks.net/successful-fra...), the devil is always in the details and you as a customer may not realize what you are getting until it is too late. That is why you should ask for mock-ups of specific finished products.
In design and construction a mock-up is a scale or full-size model of a product and/or design used to demonstrate the final look, quality of materials and installation practice. A mock-up is a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design. Mock-ups are used by general contractors, architects and designers mainly to acquire feedback from the client. Mock-ups address the idea captured in a popular engineering phrase: You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer (https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-glossary-of-human-computer-interaction/mock-ups).
More on eTradeWire News
- CBSE Class XII Accountancy Paper Leaks False; Fake Messages Being Circulated Says the Board
- How to Choose a Best Web Design Company
- Clutch ranks CMARIX as Top Web Development Company in India
- GPBX Introduces Their All-New Plans "White Label Hosted Solution"
- Ultratech to buy Binani cements for rs7266 crore
- Introducing reliable, ultra-modern & Water Proof Temperature Controllers
- Sujata Chatterjee's book Looking Through the Prism: Spectrum advocates for optimism and positivity
Common construction mock-ups for commercial tenant finish (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-tenant-finish/) and ground up commercial building (http://constructiondesignworks.net/ground-up-cons...) projects include the following types:
Exterior wall mock-ups are the most common in ground up new construction projects as they are the most visible to the public and are also vital to the moisture protection and overall integrity of the building envelope. Exterior wall mock-ups should demonstrate the framing members, insulation, exterior substrate and final product material. All flashing and joint sealants should also be completed to demonstrate what the final version will look like. Because a building façade can look differently in the sun depending on what side of the building you are looking at, the mock-up should be moved to different locations and direction to fully demonstrate the look in shade and sun at different times of the day.
Interior Wall Tile
The look of wall tile is completely dependent not only on the type and style of the tile, but the installation of the product. The tile, color depth and width of the grout lines may look different if rotated in different directions. Particular attention should be paid to the substrate and expectation of the performance of the final product. Is it simply a back splash with little moisture exposure or a shower that has direct water contact?
The details and elevations of casework (cabinets) are difficult to convey on paper and if you are purchasing hundreds of lineal feet, it would be prudent to request one set of casework to be fabricated that includes lower and upper bases along with the tops. The final product may be commercial or residential style, wood or laminate with tops varying from granite to laminate. The pulls and knobs should also be installed to convey to the client the entire final package and its look and ability to withstand the expected use.
More on eTradeWire News
- How to get the house plans in 7 simple steps
- D2 TEAM-Sim Selects VE Studio® to Develop Advanced 3D Virtual Training Solutions
- Plantation Shutters - Always Thinking Outside The Box
- Global Feeding Bottle Market: Global Historical and Forecast Analysis, 2018-2024
- Live Life Colorfully – Mind Mapping through Mandalas Coloring by Maneesh Dutt
- Mind Maps for Effective Project Management by Maneesh Dutt
- The Aegean's Growing Allure Attracts GCC Tourists
The examples above of mock-ups provided by commercial construction contractors are just a few of the hundreds that may be required to properly convey the architectural intent and its fulfillment of the needs of the client. Make sure to let the general contractor, suppliers and sub-contractors know what mock-ups are required during the bidding process as these mock-ups can costs thousands of dollars in some instances.
About Construction DesignWorks
Construction DesignWorks uses its hands-on approach and design expertise to create and develop a winning design-build team that is specialized for each customer. Their complete turnkey solutions align with the unique business needs of various types of real estate. Construction DesignWorks, LLC. is located at 6657 Woodland Drive in Shawnee, Kansas. If you are looking for a commercial construction contractor or for more information about interior design-build, call (913) 745-4727 or visit their website http://constructiondesignworks.net.
View original article on (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC) commercial construction contractors (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-con...) here. (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC)
- Ahmedabad Solar Is The Only Kirloskar Authorized Solar Panel Dealer And Expert In Ahmedabad
- Shero Comics to Host LA Book Launch Party for 3rd Installment of Black Superheroine Comic Series
- Russell Friedman & Associates is a proud sponsor of the Springfest Auction & Raffle
- PALM BEACH OPERA Announces Chorus Auditions for 2018-2019 Season
- 3D Construction Printing by Armatron Systems
- Ivan Temes and Mitchell Levy to be featured at Project Management World event March 28
- DitraCreative Media Designs Website for Internationally In-Demand Body Language Expert Blanca Cobb
- Learn how to integrate blockchain seamlessly into your business in this Argentina Summit
- Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist, Cynthia Pauley DDS, Elected President of WSDA 2018
- Ghostlight Explores The Human Side Of Politics With 'An Ideal Husband'
- Solid Gold Pet Showcases New Products & Packaging At Global Pet Expo
- From a Dream to the Real Deal: One Author's Story Covers It All
- A "must read" for National Poetry Month: A Business Poem called "It used to be Made in America"
- New start date for "Love Never Fails" March 20. 2018
- Introduction to Scanning and Indexing: What is scanning or imaging?
- And The Winner Is.... Altima VS Maxima
- L.A. Wolves FC Announces Felipe Bernal as New Head Coach for 2018 Season
- Gold Award Winner - DUNECRAFT - Sparkly Slime
- PERFORMA Launches Extended WWE Shaker Bottle Line
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire Celebrates 5 Years with Ribbon Cutting at New Riversid