Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 219
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 210
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 181
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 131
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 110
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Retirement Community Coming to Reno
- XL North Adds New Distributors for its Concrete Surface Prep Products
- HomeAid Care Day at Phoenix Pass
- Merlo's P50.18Plus - Power plus Extra Stability
- Moss Construction Welcomes Michael Monsalve
- Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey Members Recognized at IBS
- HomeAid Care Day at Our House Decatur
- Bensalem Cleaning and Painting Company
- LeakTronics Introduces the Irrigation leak Detection Kit
- Telgian Engineering & Consulting expands system commissioning services
By Scott Hamele, DBIA President and founder of Construction DesignWorks, LLC and Nationwide Commercial Inspections, LLC
As a customer, how do you know exactly what you are getting when you ask commercial construction contractors to build off a set of architectural construction documents? It doesn't matter if you are working with design-build (http://constructiondesignworks.net/design-build-2/) general contractors, commercial construction contractors or franchise construction companies (http://constructiondesignworks.net/successful-fr...), the devil is always in the details and you as a customer may not realize what you are getting until it is too late. That is why you should ask for mock-ups of specific finished products.
In design and construction a mock-up is a scale or full-size model of a product and/or design used to demonstrate the final look, quality of materials and installation practice. A mock-up is a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design. Mock-ups are used by general contractors, architects and designers mainly to acquire feedback from the client. Mock-ups address the idea captured in a popular engineering phrase: You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer (https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/book/the-glossary-of-human-computer-interaction/mock-ups).
More on eTradeWire News
- ReCap NY Secured $20MM In Financing For Major Funeral Home Client
- Andrew Jones Auctions will hold back-to-back auctions, April 6th and 7th, in downtown Los Angeles
- infinimesh announces the go-live of a new type of IoT platform: fully Open Source, low code and highly scalable. All whilst being extremely secure
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
- Jesse Carmichael To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday March 27th, 2019
Common construction mock-ups for commercial tenant finish (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-tenant-finish/) and ground up commercial building (http://constructiondesignworks.net/ground-up-con...) projects include the following types:
Exterior wall mock-ups are the most common in ground up new construction projects as they are the most visible to the public and are also vital to the moisture protection and overall integrity of the building envelope. Exterior wall mock-ups should demonstrate the framing members, insulation, exterior substrate and final product material. All flashing and joint sealants should also be completed to demonstrate what the final version will look like. Because a building façade can look differently in the sun depending on what side of the building you are looking at, the mock-up should be moved to different locations and direction to fully demonstrate the look in shade and sun at different times of the day.
Interior Wall Tile
The look of wall tile is completely dependent not only on the type and style of the tile, but the installation of the product. The tile, color depth and width of the grout lines may look different if rotated in different directions. Particular attention should be paid to the substrate and expectation of the performance of the final product. Is it simply a back splash with little moisture exposure or a shower that has direct water contact?
The details and elevations of casework (cabinets) are difficult to convey on paper and if you are purchasing hundreds of lineal feet, it would be prudent to request one set of casework to be fabricated that includes lower and upper bases along with the tops. The final product may be commercial or residential style, wood or laminate with tops varying from granite to laminate. The pulls and knobs should also be installed to convey to the client the entire final package and its look and ability to withstand the expected use.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
- First Choice Announces DBE Certification
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Local Company Concerned for Peoples Security after Facebook Password breach
- Truth from the lips of struggle
The examples above of mock-ups provided by commercial construction contractors are just a few of the hundreds that may be required to properly convey the architectural intent and its fulfillment of the needs of the client. Make sure to let the general contractor, suppliers and sub-contractors know what mock-ups are required during the bidding process as these mock-ups can costs thousands of dollars in some instances.
About Construction DesignWorks
Construction DesignWorks uses its hands-on approach and design expertise to create and develop a winning design-build team that is specialized for each customer. Their complete turnkey solutions align with the unique business needs of various types of real estate. Construction DesignWorks, LLC. is located at 6657 Woodland Drive in Shawnee, Kansas. If you are looking for a commercial construction contractor or for more information about interior design-build, call (913) 745-4727 or visit their website http://constructiondesignworks.net.
View original article on (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC) commercial construction contractors (http://constructiondesignworks.net/commercial-co...) here. (https://www.facebook.com/constructionKC)
- March Open for Business®: The four stages of social media issue and crisis management
- Homestake Capital receives 5 FAME Awards
- Jazz Guitarist Fareed Haque to Tour Several Cities
- United Premier Soccer League Announces South Florida Expansion with Atletico Miami Club de Futbol
- Quassy Opens For 111th Season April 27
- Findability Sciences extends its AI reach with an investment in work heuristics platform WorkDone
- Convey Launches Channel Partner Program for Web Portal Solutions
- 45th Conejo Valley Home Remodeling Show Coming To Westlake Village April 13 & 14
- Harold Mintz Joins the Classic Exhibits Family
- Northern Los Angeles Marketing Firm Making Waves in 2019
- Keller Williams Realty Select Announces KWRS International Real Estate Group
- Announcing GraviTsheets WordPress Plugin
- Carpet Cleaning near you from CJ Frank Carpet Cleaning
- Certified Tax Professional, Jon Neal, Hits Amazon Best-Seller List with Keep It!
- Rachel and Javier Garcia, PURE IBOs, are living their dream and helping others do the same
- Imagination Park Partners with Microsoft to Deliver Augmented Reality to Businesses of all Sizes
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Boys & Girls Club receives Health Champion Award
- Sober Caddy Moves Offices to Lakewood
- Carol Allen, PURE IBO, leads with purpose, heart and vision