Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5446
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 167
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 144
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 142
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 112
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
- Tim Sumer is Selected as New CEO of the Worldwide Agency
Similar on eTradeWire
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- Marianne's Momentum: New Poll Places Marianne Williamson Among Top 10 Presidential Candidates, Securing her place on the 2020 DNC Debate Stage
- San Francisco's Anh Lê: Unredacted Mueller Report A Must & Reclaim Democratic Values
- L-Tron's OSCR360 Reaches 24 States with Growing Momentum
- Dekalb County Jail Intentionally Conceals Human Rights Violations, Says Inmate
- Threat Tec Honored as Bronze Stevie® Award Winner In 2019 American Business Awards®
- Faith Leaders Call on Lightfoot Administration and Springfield Leaders to Engage the Community Before Signing Off on a Chicago Casino
- Cyberdefenses Awarded Contract From Tips Purchasing Cooperative
- Women's Suffrage Centennial Commission Honors 100 Years Of Women's Right to Vote
- Oviedo Real Estate Agent: Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
Regulatory sandboxes have been used in the US, the UK, and many other countries. RBI issued its report on April 18. As noted, under the terms of the RBI sandbox, "various applications of blockchain technology can be tested, while cryptocurrency-related projects are clearly excluded."
Creative Investment Research sent a letter to the Bank with comments on the sandbox policy. Our letter, shown below, states:
"As we noted on Oct. 5, 2006, predicting the rise of cryptocurrencies: 'competitive advantage with respect to capital access is available to any country with significant economic potential and a modest telecommunications infrastructure.'
In this light, we encouraged RBI to revisit the exclusion of cryptocurrency from Sandbox Testing. Our letter notes that "there is no country with more significant economic potential than India."
More on eTradeWire News
- NAAFA to Feature DJ Kelly J at 50th Anniversary Conference Fashion Show
- RadixEdge LLC now offering CISSP OneTouch Prep App
- Katie Receives Certified Military Residential Specialist Certification
- Flights To Dubai - An Overview Rumored Buzz On cheap flights
- Silva Construction Offers Soft Story Retrofit Services
See our 2006 comments to the SEC predicting the rise of cryptocurrency at https://www.sec.gov/comments/4-526/4526-1.pdf
India's successful industrial policy led to the development of a highly effective digital processing and telecommunications infrastructure. This means India is well positioned to safely develop and deploy new cryptoassets. This allows the country to control it's monetary destiny in a way that others cannot. Further, by abandoning the cryptocurrency field, India allows others to take a leading role. This will have negative consequences not only for India, but for dozens of other countries who might otherwise be able to accomplish certain social development goals using the tools and techniques India's programmers are sure to create.
We are also concerned with the negative influence India's absence will have in this field. Other, less well meaning entities may come to dominate."
We encouraged RBI to revisit this policy. We understand that other institutions in the country may have more control over this policy.
William Michael Cunningham
- Injured Noted Ballet Dancer On The Comback Trail
- Breach Force: Leveraging Speed & Connectivity for Defense + Digital Guardrails for Safe Travel
- America Will Elect "A Greater Fool" In 2020
- Sudden change of heart for anti Comic Sans campaigners
- Silicon Valley AI Company Collaborates with Italian Universities and Academics
- SEO Consultancy launches in York
- Beckatt Solutions to Present on 3D Printing in Manufacturing on May 30th
- Clotilda Find Energizes Community Initiatives to Revive Africatown's Heritage Destination Planning
- Final Homes Now Selling at Obsidian and Windchime
- SOM Talk Live Invades The 2019 BET Experience in Los Angeles, California!
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Kit-For Gram Negative Rods
- The Impact Factor Movie Kickstarter Launch
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Mark Steele
- Heterotaxy Connection Seeking Conference Sponsors
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
- Micro preemies give back to the NICU where life started as they approach graduation this weekend