Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 277
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 218
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 211
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 207
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 183
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 183
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 161
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 145
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
- CrittEar Unveils Calm, Dog Earplugs
Similar on eTradeWire
- State of Black Business #stateofblackbusiness
- Police Challenge Coins That Honor America's Finest
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' BREONNA Chili' TAYLOR Decision: Louisville Barricaded! #NIKE'Spicy' NBA Mix!
- Share Stories of and Support for Individuals Impacted by the Pandemic on New Site
- Hug Your Hound Day: Labradors & Cockapoos Are the Most Huggable Hounds
- Global Bhagavad Gita Convention 2020 - A perfect platform to harness the inner strength
- Matthew Brickman Explains How Marital Property Is Divided In a Divorce During COVID-19
- Ankin Law Office Presents: Reasons Your Social Security Claim Keeps Getting Denied
- New Book: The self in each of us is key to civilization
- Did Black Lives Matter while Re-electing Lincoln?
COMMEMORATING HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI: PREVENTING THE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST
By Anh Lê
The U.S.' dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki 75 years ago, which killed more than 220,000 Japanese civilians and caused suffering for thousands more with cancer and radiation related illnesses, were immoral acts and war crimes and the basest of man's inhumanity to man.
President Harry Truman ordered the dropping of the bombs, even though he knew that Japan wanted to surrender in the war and that top U.S. generals opposed the use of nuclear weapons.
Pope Francis, who visited Hiroshima in 2019, condemns the bombings as unspeakable horror and immoral.
During the Viet Nam War, President Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger secretly discussed dropping nuclear bombs on Viet Nam.
The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther Luther King, Jr., in his speech, "Beyond Viet Nam: A Time to Break Silence," called for the immediate end to the war in Viet Nam, and warned against the use of atomic bombs or nuclear weapons on Viet Nam.
More on eTradeWire News
- Scooter For Unity New York City Rally
- Cardiac Troponin T Antibody Human
- Intrinsic Factor Antibody Monoclonal
- Vegan Hemp Gummies Launched in CBD Dropshipping Program
- SMARTFormulator Enhances the SMARTERP - A Revolutionary Manufacturing Focused Software for Sma
The United Nations' Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, signed by 122 nations, has not been signed by the United States.
President Donald Trump dismantled the Iran Nuclear Disarmament Treaty which President Barack Obama negotiated with Iran.
Both Russia and the United States have withdrawn from their previous nuclear disarmament treaty. Both nations hold over 90% of the world's ever increasing stockpiles of nuclear weapons.
We the American people must demand of our government nuclear disarmament.
Let us renew our belief in the sanctity and sacredness of human life.
Let us work for peace in our world.
The specter of humankind's perishing through total nuclear annihilation must be addressed by all nations, while we still have time.
Anh Lê is an independent journalist.
Copyright Anh Lê, August 6, 2020
Published at www.wrightnow.biz: http://www.wrightnow.biz/articles_view.asp?articleid=83651&columnid=2898
Photo Courtesy: Wikipedia
- Tree Transplanting Company Helps Resolve Neighborhood Conflict
- Final Week of ChowderMonth Brings More To the Table
- Local Author to Discuss New Mystery Novel
- OIFF 18 Closes With Hip-Hop, Jazz and Soul Infused "When the Water Gets Deep" September 27th
- Meet The Bellingers talk "Coupling Entrepreneurship" on Entrepreneurship LIVE at 8:45p Show
- Rank for Local Outreach in Hawaii
- RYSE UP and HU$H Supply Partner For Song Discovery
- DonnaInk Publications, Nocturnum's Muse Imprint, announces signing of author Mitchell Allen
- iMG Recordings Sets off "The Takeover" Industry Executive Series on KKSH Radio Show
- Introducing Tulsa Pampered Chef
- Dystopian Films is launching an anthology to include 50 horror shorts THE UNITED STATES OF HORROR
- Women's Aha Camp Celebrates 10 Years during Covid Chaos by Creating ahas!@home
- VYVO Enables VyvoPay On Its Life Watches
- TVS Cartoon Network Adds A Dozen Classic Cartoons to the 24/7 Ad Supported Post Cable Network
- Sha Wars partners with Partyline Chat for Live Event Proof-of-Work Predictions
- New York Fashion Week Event Is Safely Held During Covid-19
- GMU EN ESPAÑOL - Spanish Curriculum at GMU
- Abstract Expressionist paintings lead Shannon's fall fine art auction held online, September 17th
- White House Threatens FDA Over Vaccine; Black MDs Resist
- How Fanola no Orange Mask Effectively Nourishes Your Hair | Stabeto