Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 800
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 547
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 112
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Free Shawnee Riverfest VIII Concert Back for Another Year
- Female Software Engineer Makes History as First Woman in Tech on "Whiteboard Challenge" Show
- Official movie trailer released for To the New Girl
- Page for Grievers Gets Hacked, Facebook Ignores Traumatized Followers' Pleas for Help
- Cautionary Comics warning: OFFWORLDER is coming!
- The Peter Sprague Trio at North Coast Rep
- Tyler Cole Celebrated His Debut Film With Exclusive After Party Powered By VERO
- THE COPELAND KIDS Nominated for Best Feature Script and Best Dialogue Queen Palm Int. Film Festival
- Annual Twinsburg Twins Days Festival Injects Millions into Local Economy
- Mister Illusion Magic Productions Selected for 2019 Roseville Small Business Excellence Award
Tickets begin at $20 and may be purchased online at WeinbergCenter.org, by calling the Box Office at 301-600-2828, or in person at 20 West Patrick Street. Discounts are available for students, children, military, and seniors. A special group discount is being offered to area churches who wish to bring members of their congregation to this family show.
"Church Basement Ladies" is a musical comedy inspired by Janet Letnes Martin and Suzann Nelson's national best-seller "Growing Up Lutheran" and other humorous writings. They joined forces with Executive Producer Curt Wollan to turn their material into a musical comedy. Wollan wanted to create a show celebrating the women who worked hard with dedication to their church kitchen whether they were Lutheran, Methodist, Jewish, or Catholic. The original musical started in Minneapolis where it played to sellout crowds for 29 months. Martin and Nelson's lives and writings have since inspired five additional Church Basement Ladies' musicals. All share the common thread of portraying the church basement kitchen as the heart and soul of the church, much like it is throughout America. The most recent sequel, "Rise Up, O Men," opened at the Plymouth Playhouse in 2016. The music and lyrics are by Dennis Curley, additional lyrics and book are by Greta Grosch and additional material is by Graydon Royce. Wollan has produced all the shows, which have been licensed in all contiguous 48 states and Canada with more than three million audience members finding a connection to the characters and their stories.
More on eTradeWire News
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Carrollton, TX
- Doggy Delight Beds: Premium Dog Supplies and Accessories for Happy Pups!
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
A complete listing of artists and performers scheduled for the 2018-2019 season can be found at https://weinbergcenter.org/.
ABOUT THE WEINBERG CENTER FOR THE ARTS
The Weinberg Center for the Arts is one of the region's premier performing arts presenters, offering film, music, dance, theater, and family-focused programming. Located in the historic Tivoli movie theater in downtown Frederick Maryland, the Weinberg Center strives to ensure that the arts remain accessible and affordable to local and regional audiences alike. Weinberg Center events are made possible with major support from the City of Frederick, the Maryland State Arts Council, Plamondon Hospitality Partners, and other corporate and individual donors.
More on eTradeWire News
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Group Classes and Personal Training with out the hassle of the Charleston traffic
- Pavese Law Firm partners recognized as Florida Trend's 2019 Legal Elite
- Trucker Huss Director Freeman Levinrad Named President of NIPA San Francisco Chapter
- Adjustable High-Speed Acquisition for Test and Simulation
- bisco Announces Authorization for Advanced Thermal Solutions
- Reggae Report Publisher Releases "Reggae Trilogy Vol. 1: 200+ 80s & 90s Artist Headshots"
- Omnichain Recognized on Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 Supply Chain Projects List
- LARC Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Raises $14,000
- Las Vegas Latino Bar Association Plans ¡Andale! 5K to Help Equalize Law School Admissions
- Holli Bryant Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Evolve IP Revolutionizes DaaS Delivery with High Security, Flexibility and User Experience
- OTCWagon Initiates Coverage on Hawkeye Gold and Diamond, Inc. (V:HAWK)
- Rosario Central USA Earns Promotion to UPSL Division I Florida Central Division
- Home Renovation and Improvement
- The Dieringer Research Group Named One of Wisconsin's Fastest Growing Firms
- Cookie & Milk: A Scientifically Stunt-tastic Sisterhood
- Orange Effect Foundation Expands with Addition of New Board Members
- The Las Vegas Latino Bar Association fundraises to equalize law school
- Long Island School of Rock Students to Perform at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Tuesday
- The Buzzards of the Buttery Inn