Popular on eTradeWire
- Snell & Wilmer's Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier Among Attorney Intel's Top 25 Arizona Attorneys
- iLogistics Tecnologia Nombrado Uno de los Mejores Lugares Para Trabajar en Santiago
- The Market at 3 West Ridge Benefiting HUGS & P.A.C.K. to Be Held Feb. 7-9
- KingdomAdvertising.net Advertising Kiosks are now available at Car Washes and Gas Stations
- Knobull Provides Job-Winning Resumes Custom-Tailored To You!
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Several Special Events in January & February
- Snell & Wilmer Announces New Partners and Counsel
- Zekri Reelected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Board
- DFCR Gathers Support for New York State to Adopt Universal Cannabis Product Symbol
- W.D.O.P.E. Dopetrackz Radio - Rap Music Station THE INTERNET'S #1 Station for Underground Rap
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Announce Enkrateia Climate Investment Decision Support Platform
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens Hires New Chief Development Officer
- Climate Institute Signs Agreement with Swiss-Based 2000-Watt Smart Cities Association to Promote New Climate Change Programs in the United States
- Greasezilla On Pace to Double Industry Presence in 2023
- What is Opposite Branching: Five Star Tree Services Advice
- Örjan Berglund First Scientific Officer for the International Peatland Society
- Cascade Asset Management Recognized in 2023 Gartner® Market Guide for IT Asset Disposition Report
- Project Petals Partners With Generac To Bring Solar Power To Community Green Spaces Throughout NYC
- The Town Of Sun Village California Makes History As The First Black Tribal Township In North America
- We're In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino's Newly Released Song and Video
A highlight of the event was the table-top discussions. The interactive exercise was professionally facilitated and allowed attendees to discuss and prioritize strategies for combating climate challenges and protecting our paradise. The audience then voted on the top solutions, which included adopting legislation and policy for a statewide commitment to reach net zero GHG emission by 2050 or sooner; providing incentives to support agricultural activities that can help mitigate climate change impacts, including water farming and carbon sequestration; implementing nature-based solutions to improve shoreline protection; and incentivizing businesses to install EV charging stations and solar arrays.
More on eTradeWire News
- MusicWorks Presents THE BUCKINGHAMS & THE BOX TOPS at The Parker on Feb 17
- "Fiverr Embraces the Disruptive Power of AI with a New Category to Keep Entrepreneurs Ahead of the Competition"
- Maximize Your Profit: Tips from Collectors Coins & Jewelry on Selling Gold Jewelry Safely and Effectively
- Truly understand competencies to undertake competency management the right way
- Libby Booth Donation Challenge raises money for Wellness Center
"In the weeks ahead, the Summit leaders will review and synthesize the notes of our table-top discussions and develop a report that can serve as a platform for advancing positive climate actions in our neighborhoods, towns and cities," said Rob Moher, president and CEO of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida. "We hope that attendees will serve as champions of these strategies, and by creating a network of engaged stakeholders, we can get them implemented."
The SWFL Climate & Community Summit was sponsored by Hertz with support from The Water School at FGCU, Collier Community Foundation, Conservancy of Southwest Florida. Collaboratory, The Everglades Foundation, Growing Climate Solutions, Priority Marketing, WGCU, Naples Daily News and The News-Press.
To learn more, visit SWFLclimate.org.
About SWFL Climate & Community Initiative
The SWFL Climate & Community Initiative is a region-wide movement to bring education about our changing climate and realistic solutions to the people of Southwest Florida. With a focus on air, land and sea, the goal is to inform the Southwest Florida community of the unique challenges the region is facing, as well as the steps each individual and the community collectively can take to make a real difference. For more information, visit SWFLclimate.org.
- Capehart Pops Orchestra Organist Pumpsy Keyes Drops Debut Streaming Album Worldwide on TVS Records
- Sixth Annual South of Boston Summit to be held on April 11th at the New Showcase Cinemas
- Southeastern Georgia Chapter ABOTA 2023 Annual Meeting Honors Judges for Distinguished Service
- Diligent Window Supply Opens to Serve Baltimore-Area Contractors
- Maximizing Your Manufacturing and Electrical Sales Potential with TEC Sales
- R&B Valentine's Day Experience with Final Draft
- John Robert Powers Celebrates their 100th Year of Turning Dreams into Reality
- Imagen Golf announces its newest partner facility Total Fitness Zone in Doylestown
- BUYORRENT Advisory Group Corp. Assists People in Making Important Financial Decisions
- Patrick T. McKay Named Hilliker Corporation 2022 Top Broker
- Rainbow Village Announces Addition of Three New Members to Board of Directors
- PulteGroup Opens New Phase at the Preserve at Bannon Lakes
- Authentek New 12" Vinyl Out Today On FutureMusic
- Western River Expeditions Celebrates a Six-Decade Relationship with Professional Travel Counselors
- Recent MANTS visit and upcoming garden shows!
- Ian Black Real Estate hires assistant property manager
- A Black history primer on African Americans' fight for equality – 5 essential reads
- Phoenix, Power Force deliver 10 games on two boards to IGS fans
- Sonnenblick-Eichner Co. Arranges $50 Million Construction Loan for Luxury Utah Resort Development
- Luxury Swimsuit Brand Matte Collection Debuts Haute New Polychrome Swimwear Line