Popular on eTradeWire
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- Burstcoin Joins BPSAA as New Alliance Member
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Showcases A Dozen More Color Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Today Donna Smith Bellinger Sales Consultant Presents "Sales for people who hate to sell" Seminar Online
- Abintegro launches revolutionary AI interview training tool
- Former UK Environment Minister backs revolutionary plastic that solves pollution issues
- New Book Release: The Mom in Me, Stories and Practical Advice from Moms Who have Survived Parenting
Similar on eTradeWire
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Female Voices Rock Film Festival Goes Virtual
- Actress Ashley Forrestier Stars in New OWN Reality Series "Put a Ring on It"
- Attorney Symone Redwine is "Ready to Love"
- First Look for iPOP Alumni Matt Cornetts HSM:TM:TS Holiday Special Revealed
- iPOP Alum Alexis Knapp's Short 'Bad Suns' to debut at Film Festival
- iPOP Alumni Lucas Adams Will Participate in Days of our Lives Fan Event
- Garrett Hedlund, iPOP Alum, begins filming of Modern Love Season 2
- Dominique Jackson, Star of "Pose" on FX, Lends Her Celebrity to Support United We Rise
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
Normally held in Los Angeles, HMFF is the largest festival of Mexican cinema outside of Mexico. HMFF has become a staple in the City of Angels, attracting cinephiles and devotees of Mexican filmmakers from all over the country. This year, the event was reenvisioned as a virtual festival experience via Spanish-language premium streaming service PANTAYA in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and concerns about participant and attendee health and safety.
As part of the virtual festival experience, viewers had the opportunity to watch the best in recent Mexican cinema and vote for their favorite films online. Juliana Fanjul recipient of the most audience votes for her film Silencio Radio 'Radio Silence,' won the Cinelatino & DishLATINO Audience Choice Award.
Silencio Radio 'Radio Silence' tells the story of renowned Mexican journalist Carmen Aristegui after she is fired from her post at a radio station for revealing an important case of corruption. Far from being intimidated, she becomes even more invested in her struggle to collect and transmit truthful information. The powers that be are not on her side, but her research team and a network of more than 18 million listeners are missing her arbitrarily muted voice. From a close, agile and reflective perspective, Juliana Fanjul not only shows the strong and charismatic personality of the influential Aristegui, but the filmmaker also uses her voice to dedicate a painful love letter to a fragmented country afflicted by corruption, drug trafficking and violence.
More on eTradeWire News
- Seaside Art Gallery Presents: "The Wonderful World of Wildlife."
- The Big Black Book of Business
- The Autonomous Black Friday Blowout!
- Unrealistic expectations challenge the father-son relationship in "Timothy"
- Buy razor chargers, online at the best price
After receiving the most audience votes in the short film category, Roberto Escamilla took home the Cinelatino & DishLATINO Tomorrow's Filmmakers Today Short award for his entry, Changes. Changes is a coming of age dramedy following the story of Mitchell, a 16-year-old boy who is taken by his friends to a shady motel to have his first sexual encounter. There he will meet Destiny, who will show him new horizons in an unexpected way.
Both award winners will receive cash prizes on behalf of Cinelatino.
"As in previous years, Cinelatino is proud to support the incredibly talented Mexican filmmakers who are pushing Latin cinema to new heights. Mexico is a film production powerhouse; together with our partners at DishLATINO, we are delighted to continue our relationship with HMFF and to take part in an initiative that brings greater recognition to the contributions of Mexican and Latin cinema," said James M. McNamara, Vice Chairman of Hemisphere Media Group, Inc., Cinelatino's parent company. "A huge congratulations to the many skilled filmmakers who showcased their films in this year's virtual edition of HMFF. And a very special thanks to festival Director and Founder, Samuel Douek, for his tireless efforts in supporting the film community and for putting together an incredible, accessible event in spite of logistical challenges."
"We remain committed to promoting Mexican filmmakers and to offering a platform that will raise awareness of and increase exposure to their talent and work," said Samuel Douek, Director of Hola Mexico Film Festival. "Despite the challenges, we knew we had to find a way to forge ahead with the festival and continue highlighting and recognizing the Mexican cinematic tradition. I am beyond thrilled to have found a way to offer the festival experience to an even greater number of fans in the safest possible way. Congratulations to this year's winners and many thanks to Cinelatino and DishLATINO for their steadfast support of our efforts. We will continue innovating and look forward to next year!"
More on eTradeWire News
- Perils of Efficiency: Procuring Supplies During a Crisis
- PSNeverGiveUp Store Launches Black Friday, Announces Charity
- Halifax Airport Taxi Limo Services
- A.N. Publishing Compiles Broad Audience Data
- Career Coach Anna Banks Reveals A Strategy to Help People Fulfil Their Potential
2020's virtual reimagining marks the 12th year since the festival's inception. Ninenteen films and 20 shorts comprised this year's edition, which was divided into four film sections: "México Ahora," "Nocturno," "Documental," and "El Otro México." The curated selection of short films from the Tomorrow's Filmmakers Today Alumni will be available On Demand on DishLATINO through the end of October.
About Cinelatino: Cinelatino is the leading Spanish-language movie channel, featuring the largest selection of contemporary Spanish-language blockbusters and critically acclaimed titles from Mexico, Latin America, Spain and the Caribbean. Cinelatino is a subsidiary of Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. , the only publicly traded pure-play U.S. media company targeting the high-growth U.S. Hispanic and Latin American markets with leading television and digital content platforms. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Hemisphere owns and operates five leading U.S. Hispanic cable networks, two Latin American cable networks, the leading broadcast television network in Puerto Rico, and has ownership interests in a leading broadcast television network in Colombia, a Spanish-language content distribution company, and a Spanish-language OTT service in the U.S.
About DishLATINO: DishLATINO is a leading suite of English and Spanish language programming packages in the United States and Puerto Rico. It offers its customers Spanish-language news, entertainment, and sports in combination with DISH's broad English-language programming lineup, providing millions of customers with access to more than 200 channels.
Since 1980, DISH has served as a disruptive force, driving innovation and value on behalf of consumers. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides television entertainment and award-winning technology to millions of customers with its satellite DISH TV and streaming SLING TV services.
Contact Cinelatino: Isabel Nieto / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Hola Mexico Film Festival: / Mariluz Gonzalez - email@example.com
- Scotland-based Sage Business Partner Joins Forces with Codeless Platforms
- Addlux Frameless LED Panels Now Available On The New Website
- Mr Andy Palmer, Border Security Manager at Gatwick Airport to present at Border Security 2021
- DSP (Interiors) Completes Work on New Home for The Derby Central United Reformed Church
- Forever Group achieves Cisco Select Certified Partner status in the UK for the fifth time running
- Dodo Packaging UK's Black Friday Deals Starts With Flat 15% Off — Score Epic Deals!
- The 2020 Presidential Election: The American People Have Spoken
- Buy Website Traffic That Converts
- Dean Slabach Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- Kansas City man wrongly pleads guilty to ID theft
- Stride Movers Announces Holiday Moving Promotion
- Warning: Amazon Credits Non-existent Ghost Reviewers And Refuses To Acknowledge Them
- Announcing My Live Bookkeeper-QuickBooks Expert Helps Small Business Owners & Staff Learn QuickBooks
- Single Operated Newsletter - How PaidLetter.Com Makes It Easy
- "The Yuletide Caper" is a Fun Holiday Escapade Filled with Romance, Hope, and Goodwill
- How to Reduce Your Anxiety at the Dentist Office
- Toll Brothers at Flatiron Meadows Announces Final Opportunity to Buy
- C2 Clean Beauty to Collaborate with BETTINA'S of Los Gatos for Holiday Trunk Show
- Mike Servin and Bumpboxx give-a-away
- Young Mothers, Inc. Holds Virtual COVID-19 Campaign for Young Mothers in the Community