Popular on eTradeWire News
- The Wrath of Keez! Keez MC is Back @KEEZMC 447
- Prolific Press has published Elemental by Julia Klatt Singer 180
- Central Hotels Appoints General Manager at Canal Central Hotel in Business Bay, Dubai 154
- Line, LLC Secures $44M in Government Contracts in Three Months with Capture2Proposal 142
- Garrett Van Wagoner, Managing Partner at Van Wagoner Ventures to Speak at Impact Forum 137
- ACAD Corp. is now Offering Certificate In Business Acumen From Chartered Management Institute, 129
- The 2018 Chicago Wine, Beer, Spirits & Food Tasting Cruise: Boarding Soon! 127
- Largest Mack Truck Dealership in Nation Aligns with Flying V Group 124
- Gremlins Phase III Program Relies on Acumentrics Power Solutions for Mission Critical Power 115
- Wamill releases Blockchain Tycoon for Steam Early Access 101
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Premium Insight of Global Power Generation Solutions Market 2018-2024
- Ørsted Plan Offshore Wind Farm to Power 1M Homes, ahead of speaking at Benelux Infrastructure Forum
- Emilygrene Corp. Awards First Winner Of #AllSummerLong Sweepstakes
- New Power Plant Cycling Measurement and Cycling Causality Training Webinars Now Available
- Tighter. Safer. Stronger: Precision Launches The Hoss® Premium Connection
- Inc. Magazine Names Exact Solar No. #2167 On 2018 Inc. 5000 List
- Colorado Cleantech Industries Association Announces 2018 Oil & Gas Cleantech Challenge Presenters
- Twelve utility and IPP CEOs confirmed so far for Utility CEO Forum at Future Energy East Africa
- Smarter Business to Sponsor AA Award and Ensure Hospitality Energy Savings
- Conti Solar Is Expanding Their Teams in Multiple States
"We built an oilfield division as an extension to Chemstream, which once was known primarily for its work in the coal industry, water treatment and dust suppression solutions," said Dave Grottenthaler, who heads Chemstream's Oilfield Services.
"The lab is the cornerstone. There is science behind all the decisions that impact the work we do in the field," added Grottenthaler, who has extensive experience in most of the United States shale plays and realized that each shale requires a combination of proper strategies to unlock the reservoir's full potential. "We let your formation geology and frac water quality determine the proper frac fluid design."
Cutting-edge technology such as a customized friction flow loop, rotational viscometer, Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) with pyrolysis, and X-ray Diffraction (XRD) has enabled Chemstream to make significant inroads into the oil and gas industry.
More on eTradeWire News
- To The End Of The World Book 1 in The Best Selling Malamor Trilogy, Finally Arrives in
- Luxury Metal dice are some of the most beautiful dice you will see and are perfect
- Steve Kerby Honored With Invitation
- Take a Trip To The Chowder Capital of the Jersey Shore - LBI Chowderfest September 29-30
- TV topic: Federal Employee Benefits Review Hosted by Les Robinson
- Roger White Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- Give yourself a credit boost with professional assistance
"We perform cuttings analysis to determine the mineralogy and the constituents that are present," Grottenthaler said. "We evaluate and use the client's water sources to tailor the appropriate chemistries specific to their needs."
Chemstream spent approximately a year enhancing its in-house laboratory and technical staff to perform treatability studies on samples through use of analytical techniques. These studies enable Chemstream to determine which products provide the right solution in the most cost-effective manner while offering quality control and quality assurance standards.
"The lab is the complete package," said Brandon LaBrozzi, Chemstream Director of Operations and Engineering. "All of the equipment and technology complements one another in some form or fashion. We are capable of vetting different friction reducers and confirm compatibilities with the other frac fluid components. It isn't necessarily one piece of equipment making the difference, it is all of the equipment and technology together."
That technology has helped Chemstream make a significant impact in oilfield services.
"We are able to help our clients reach an informed decision," LaBrozzi said. "Where others might simply recommend what has worked in the past, we realize that the same process might not work this time. We look at the water quality and shale constituents and put it all together. We tell the client, 'Yeah, it's going to work,' or 'No, it's not going to work.'"
More on eTradeWire News
- Tocodev Releases RocketPack Kid
- St. Johns River Cruises awarded highest ecotourism honor
- Uno Pizzeria And Grill And RCS Learning Center Form Partnership
- Hazardous Household Waste Event Proves Overwhelming Success for Georgia's Gwinnett County
- LumenData Welcomes Kiran Naik to Executive Team
- Bold Beauty Project's Shelly Baer and Eva Ritvo at Books & Books, Coral Gables August 23, 2018
- Exotica Housing Organizes Health Check up Camp on Senior Citizens Day at Group Housing Societies
The combination of optimal lab equipment provides Chemstream the capability to "analyze stimulations and chemical packages," LaBrozzi said. "We can make sure chemicals interact in a positive way so that the client can be confident ahead of the frac that everything is going to go well."
The lab is utilized to perform post-frac sequential flowback studies to confirm the efficacy of the scale control and microbiocides used during stimulations. Water quality trend analyses allow for a better understanding of chemical performance, and any possible changes needed for future exploration in nearby locations.
This same lab support is capable of analyzing and confirming proper chemical recommendation for the frac plug drill-out, the well production chemical needs, and ultimately the proper water treatment ahead of disposal to an injection well.
In only a year's time, the modern laboratory has helped Chemstream establish a strong presence in the oilfield services industry. And, as the lab continues to evolve with new and better technology, better products will be developed to heighten industry standards.
Dave Grottenthaler, Chemstream Oilfield Services
- Industrial dryer manufacturing requires wide-ranging expertise
- CCTY Bearing Completes 12,000 Sq m Forging Factory
- Two Brand-New Single-Tenant Starbucks in Northern California Sell for $5.5 Million
- American Custom Converting leader in nonwoven folding converters
- New Service Allows Businesses to Protect and Improve Their Brand Reputation
- Vintage And Rare Posters & Records Hit The Auction Block
- Death Ray Vision to Tour New England in October
- USC Achieves ISO 13485 Certification
- L'adhésion à l'AMCA a été accordée à Rosenberg Canada
- Mattamy Homes Expands Team in Northeast Florida
- Realty Partners Introduces Real Estate Industry's first Mercedes-Benz® Car Bonus Program
- AF Distributors Clutches Expanded Territory Hearth & Outdoor Living: Two Powerhouse Brands
- Austin Ardanowski to Present at 2018 Coatings Trends & Technologies
- Advanced Core Concepts Successfully Completes AS9100D Certification
- POWERS Insurance and Risk Management Named One of Top Insurance Workplaces
- DevOps Midwest Conference Set for September 19-20 in St. Louis
- WESTCables & 1000ftCables are Clearing Off with Massive Discounts
- Louisiana's Shreveport-Bossier AAF Chapter Supports Free Press
- Now Available: Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones by Aiwa
- Axiomtek Launches Edge AI System with NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Module & JetPack 3.2 Support –eBOX560-900-FL