Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 181
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 161
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 152
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 149
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 148
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 121
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated
Similar on eTradeWire
- Service One Offers Tips to Help Keep Your HVAC System Running Smoothly with Pets in the Home
- Listen to latest Smart Grid Today podcast: Itron VP Marina Donovan
- CAS DataLoggers Helps a NY Race Track Cut Energy Costs
- Ainstein Announces Full Stack PX4 Support For UAV Standard Radar Altimeter - US-D1
- Solar added to Wendell Falls Model Home
- Process piping fabrication requires meeting exact specifications
- Conti Solar, National EPC Services Firm, Closes 2018 With 650 MW of Solar Projects
- TransGard Names Five Worst Animal-Caused Substation Outages of 2018
- Why do you need 0-10V Dimmers for Commercial Lighting?
- Eddie Turner Jr and 140 Simple Messages To Guide Emerging Leaders has been selected as a Premier Author and Book in The C-Suite Book Club
"We built an oilfield division as an extension to Chemstream, which once was known primarily for its work in the coal industry, water treatment and dust suppression solutions," said Dave Grottenthaler, who heads Chemstream's Oilfield Services.
"The lab is the cornerstone. There is science behind all the decisions that impact the work we do in the field," added Grottenthaler, who has extensive experience in most of the United States shale plays and realized that each shale requires a combination of proper strategies to unlock the reservoir's full potential. "We let your formation geology and frac water quality determine the proper frac fluid design."
Cutting-edge technology such as a customized friction flow loop, rotational viscometer, Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) with pyrolysis, and X-ray Diffraction (XRD) has enabled Chemstream to make significant inroads into the oil and gas industry.
More on eTradeWire News
- Caspase-3 Activity Assay Kit II (Fluorometric)
- America's Top Dog Model ® Announces their 2019 Contest "America's Top Pupstar"
- Variety - the Children's Charity, Wisconsin Chapter, Announces Additions to Board of Directors
- Car Title Loans May Offer Financial Peace of Mind to Those Affected By Government Shutdown
- The Little Gym Named #1 Children's Fitness Franchise In Entrepreneur's Annual Franchse 500
- DiamondBack Group Announces Future Token Launch
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation Funds 9 New Research Grants In 2019
"We perform cuttings analysis to determine the mineralogy and the constituents that are present," Grottenthaler said. "We evaluate and use the client's water sources to tailor the appropriate chemistries specific to their needs."
Chemstream spent approximately a year enhancing its in-house laboratory and technical staff to perform treatability studies on samples through use of analytical techniques. These studies enable Chemstream to determine which products provide the right solution in the most cost-effective manner while offering quality control and quality assurance standards.
"The lab is the complete package," said Brandon LaBrozzi, Chemstream Director of Operations and Engineering. "All of the equipment and technology complements one another in some form or fashion. We are capable of vetting different friction reducers and confirm compatibilities with the other frac fluid components. It isn't necessarily one piece of equipment making the difference, it is all of the equipment and technology together."
That technology has helped Chemstream make a significant impact in oilfield services.
"We are able to help our clients reach an informed decision," LaBrozzi said. "Where others might simply recommend what has worked in the past, we realize that the same process might not work this time. We look at the water quality and shale constituents and put it all together. We tell the client, 'Yeah, it's going to work,' or 'No, it's not going to work.'"
More on eTradeWire News
- Real Estate Agent Moves Business to RE/MAX DFW Associates
- Calgary Optometrist Launches New Website
- Vera and Joseph Dresner Foundation empowers youth
- 651Vinyl.com Adds Electric Olive HTV to Their Product Line
- Clearwater Living Certified as a Best Place to Work®
- I Like Me Book Launches Readers Into Living Free From Self-Condemnation
- East Texans to Celebrate van Gogh's Birthday at the First Annual Van Go Art Fair
The combination of optimal lab equipment provides Chemstream the capability to "analyze stimulations and chemical packages," LaBrozzi said. "We can make sure chemicals interact in a positive way so that the client can be confident ahead of the frac that everything is going to go well."
The lab is utilized to perform post-frac sequential flowback studies to confirm the efficacy of the scale control and microbiocides used during stimulations. Water quality trend analyses allow for a better understanding of chemical performance, and any possible changes needed for future exploration in nearby locations.
This same lab support is capable of analyzing and confirming proper chemical recommendation for the frac plug drill-out, the well production chemical needs, and ultimately the proper water treatment ahead of disposal to an injection well.
In only a year's time, the modern laboratory has helped Chemstream establish a strong presence in the oilfield services industry. And, as the lab continues to evolve with new and better technology, better products will be developed to heighten industry standards.
Dave Grottenthaler, Chemstream Oilfield Services
- Collaborations Beers with Georgetown Brewing to Headline Chinese New Year at Lucky Envelo
- Keri Systems Inc. Welcomes Northeast Regional Sales Manager
- Tech startup Surf launches rideshare entertainment tablets in Dallas
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Santa Monica United FC as SoCal Expansion Team
- Lambs Farm Breaks Holiday Record
- Alan Biller and Associates strengthens Asset/Liability focus with new Consultant Russell Kamp
- Sailfish Marina Provides Elusive "Bait" for World's Longest Running Sailfish Tournament
- Genesis Medical Center, the Stem Cell Therapy Pioneer Expands Stem Cell Medical Expertise to Doctors
- Speakeasy Art Gallery presents: These Wall Can Talk 10 years at Speakeasy Art Gallery
- Ali Schaal and Angela McDonnell Join Partner as Directors of Funds Control
- The Payroll Company Announces Its Business Services Line-Up for 2019
- Launch Local Re-brands To Experiential Inc
- Apellix to Present at API Inspection and Mechanical Integrity Summit, January 31, 2019
- Belize Real Estate Investing: The Time is Right to Make Your Move
- The Secret to Setting Up and Managing IoT SIM Cards
- Modern Character of Zoller Headquarters Building Achieved with CENTRIA Formawall®
- Smarteeva Unveils New Executive Advisory Board, Welcomes New Members
- World's Largest Disposable Glove Manufacturer Accused of Labor Rights Abuse
- Next Generation Fusing Technology Forges New Partnerships With Aftermarket Toner Remanufactures
- Culligan City of Palms Classic shakes up national rankings