Popular on eTradeWire News
- Aramsco Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Sun-Belt USA 739
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 378
- Mobile game Maze: Shadow of Light Pre-registration begins on iOS and Android 356
- Crossover Film Festival is Live 228
- SOPHI Kickstarts Operations in Cebu 225
- Reach Higher, Collegewise partner to make college counseling resources available to all students 216
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 208
- Area Leaders Impressed with Knovva Academy Students as they Visit Argentina for Y20 Activities 206
- Compare Bear Announces New Free Resource to Help Customers Save Even More Money 197
- LSUS Dean & Professor Violate Students' 1st Amendment Rights Nationwide 195
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Haskell & White Recognized for Corporate Citizenship
- 2018 Moxie Award Celebrates Boldness in Business
- QuickBooks Users Can Now Print Checks on Blank Stock Easier With New Virtual Printer
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified 1750 Lumen Rechargeable Lantern
- September Is International Update Your Resume Month
- Ohio Tax Credit Authority approves project for Hamilton County, Ohio company, Sims-Lohman, Inc
- RAIN Group Offers Free Webinar "How to Ask Powerful Sales Questions and Win More Sales" October 4
- Allen Maintenance Corporation Has an A+ Better Business Bureau Rating
- Tenzing Earns Inc. 5000 Honors for a Rare Third Time
- Canada's Podcast Launches National Platform For Entrepreneurs
"Looking onwards, most regions are expected to witness a decrease in cement trade prices. In Asia-Pacific-Japan, however, a rapidly growing domestic demand in Bangladesh is pushing the regional average up, while the rest of the region is trying to stay competitive", observed Tea Vukicevic, CW Group's Associate Analyst.
US domestic prices still plagued by weather conditions
Average selling prices in China rose to USD 58.1 per ton quarter on quarter. In the Pakistani market, despite the double-digit yearly decline, cement domestic prices improved over the previous quarter. As for Thailand, cement manufacturers believe that the 13.1 percent annual improvement was supported by the commencement of planned infrastructure projects.
In the US, on the West Coast, the market conditions were strong enough to mitigate the poorer price results of the Northeastern and Midwestern regions. Below-expectation results in the North East and the Midwest were a consequence of the unseasonal weather conditions – which did not help in the Southern market either. As such, cement ex-works prices inched up in the first quarter of 2018, having topped USD 100.
In the Mediterranean Basin, domestic indices rose over eight percent year on year, supported by strong pricing trends in Italy and Egypt. In Italy, cement average selling prices increased, despite the economic uncertainty arising from the unpredictable impact of the elections. In Egypt, positive pricing developments followed the recent improvements in domestic demand.
More on eTradeWire News
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on the Amazon best-seller list with the new book, PMP Exam Study Guide
- Telenet selects Infradata and BroadForward for their Next Generation Equipment Identity Register
- Xitron Introduces Navigator Flexo Suite
- Pivotal moments in the lives of women
- Mistah F.a.b. And Ugl Ceo Put $2500 On The Line In Ultimate Gaming Madden Tournament
- Singer/Songwriter Ali Jacko To Release New Single/Music Video Baby You're MINE on September 30, 2018
- Items Being Collected by Unity of Delray Beach Church for Cros Ministries Community Food Pantries
Gray cement trade prices rise in 2Q 2018; China loses leadership
In June 2018, global average FOB prices for gray cement increased by almost four percent to USD 57.4 per ton when compared to the same period the previous year.
Unlike the last quarter of 2017 and the first of 2018, when China stood as the world's leading gray cement exporter, over 2Q 2018, that place was taken by Turkey. The Turkish cement market accounted for 13.0 percent of the gray cement total trade during that period.
Also in the second quarter of 2018, in the Asia-Pacific-Japan region, trade prices for gray cement are estimated to have risen to USD 46.4 per ton. In the Mediterranean Basin, gray cement average export prices are estimated to have surpassed USD 50 per ton.
In 3Q 2018, most regions are expected to record a decline in gray cement FOB prices, except for Asia-Pacific-Japan.
Turkey consolidates hegemony of white cement exports
When it comes to white cement trade, Turkey unsurprisingly resurfaces as the largest exporter of the premium commodity in the second quarter of 2018. Not only did the Turkish cement market keep its leading exporting position, it reinforced it by expanding its share from over 20 percent in 1Q 2018 to over 30 percent of the white cement global trade over 2Q 2018.
Similarly to the previous quarters, Asia-Pacific-Japan was the leading exporting region of clinker during the second quarter of 2018, having shipped almost six million tons. In the region, trade prices for the commodity are forecasted to slip marginally over the third quarter – a contracting trend that will be more pronounced in the Mediterranean Basin region.
Keeping up with 1Q 2018, Japan continued to lead the slag exporting market, despite the double-digit decline in shipped volumes both year on year and quarter on quarter.
More on eTradeWire News
- "NAWBO/EXCEL hosts 2018 Hackathon for local students - Let's Code"
- Country Music's Newest Superstar Andie Duquette Releases New Single "Lock Stock and Barrel" 10/12/18
- Navigating The Medical Device Cyberbreach Jungle
- Charlie Fass aka Mister Illusion to Appear at Roseville Festival
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Cam Marcotte, DPT in Quincy location
- Announcing "In Nietzsche's Footsteps" by Jonathan R. Cohen
- Insurance Attorneys and Short & Long Disability term benefits
For more information, placing an order, or interview inquiries, please contact Mihnea Manea, Media and Market Services Executive, CW Group, by phone at +40 723 281 704, or e-mail at email@example.com.
About the Report
The Global Cement Trade Price Report (GCTPR) is CW Research's benchmark price assessment for monthly gray cement, white cement, clinker and granulated blast furnace slag prices and volumes. The 150+ page report, published on a quarterly basis, serves as the industry go to source for monthly price data for over 70 individual markets worldwide, including multiple cornerstone data series: import, export, ex-works and market prices. Additionally, the GCTPR includes extensive discussion of key players' price strategies as well as trade price forecast and select trade volumes for each country. The report also provides regional price indices as well as a quick review of trading dynamics and drivers in the different regions. Additionally, the GCTPR includes monthly historical data series, preliminary estimates for the latest quarter, as well as a three-month forecast for all price types.
More information about the report can be found here: http://www.cwgrp.com/research/research-products/product/1-global-cement-trade-price-report
About CW Group
The Greenwich (Conn.), USA headquartered CW Group is a leading advisory, research and business intelligence boutique with a global presence and a multi-industry orientation. CW Group is particularly recognized for its sector expertise in heavy-side building materials (cement), light-side building materials, traditional and renewable power & energy, petrochemicals, metals & mining, industrial minerals, industrial manufacturing, bulk cargo & shipping, among others. We have a strong functional capability, grounded in our methodical and quantitative philosophy, including due diligence, sourcing intelligence, feasibility studies and commodity forecasting. www.cwgrp.com
+40 723 281 704
- Radio Free KJLH, Chemo Cold Caps, The Grammy Museum Celebrate and Honor Breast Cancer Survivors
- Free Credit Restoration and Repair
- New to Hockey? Don't Go All In Yet, says Play It Again Sports Palatine
- Echelon To Attend Ironman Chattanooga Race
- SLIFF 2018 Honors John Goodman with Lifetime Achievement Award November 2
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Hosts, Angie Stone Performs, Africans Merge at 2nd HAPAwards
- 2018 West Coast Inside Baseball Coaches Clinic Features SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA Head Coach Dan Hubbs
- The Winter Park At Civic Center, An All-new Ice Experience, To Debut In The Heart Of San Francisco
- Technical Communities Added Key Partner to GSA Schedule 66
- The Monarch Collection at Whispering Pines Grand Opens September 29th & 30th
- Music Fan Platform "FIX" to be introduced this Fall
- The Non Emergency Medical Transportation Commission (NEMTAC) is Seeking Members for its Advisory Boards
- Vinh Giang Joins All Star Keynote Speaker Lineup for November QuickBooks® Connect Conference
- Tiffany Jackson, author of Allegedly and Monday's Not Coming to visit BookBar and North high school
- Only A Few Homes Left in Wintercreek at Somersett in Reno
- Experience Día de los Muertos traditions at Shangri-La Springs' Cultural Halloween event Oct. 31
- ZED Network Partners with Interstellar to Service Money Transfer Operators on top of Stellar
- Latest Smart Grid Today podcast: Jon Stanford on Cisco cybersecurity
- Waterbury Regional Chamber To Host 5th Congressional District Candidates Debate October 4th
- Spreading The Orange Effect Across The United States