Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 185
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 163
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 162
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 152
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 151
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 124
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 123
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 102
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- ezCheckPrinting Version & Speeds Up In House Check Writing For Small Businesses
- Amazon Negative Feedback - Seller Survival Guide
- TheOfficeSquad named one of the "Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America"
- CopyPro.ai Opens Its Headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cedric's Studio Offering Free Meeting and Workspace to Furloughed Federal Workers
- Nightstick Launches TCM-Series Compact Handgun Weapon Lights at SHOT Show 2019
- Thrive Events January Spotlight – Analiese!
- Brigadoon announces speaker line-up for 2019 event in Utah
- Entrepreneurs Enjoy Networking From Home with New Networking Platform; VirtualNetworkingEvent.com
- JH3 Technology Solutions Named 2019 Premier Partner by Calyptix Security
"Looking onwards, most regions are expected to witness a decrease in cement trade prices. In Asia-Pacific-Japan, however, a rapidly growing domestic demand in Bangladesh is pushing the regional average up, while the rest of the region is trying to stay competitive", observed Tea Vukicevic, CW Group's Associate Analyst.
US domestic prices still plagued by weather conditions
Average selling prices in China rose to USD 58.1 per ton quarter on quarter. In the Pakistani market, despite the double-digit yearly decline, cement domestic prices improved over the previous quarter. As for Thailand, cement manufacturers believe that the 13.1 percent annual improvement was supported by the commencement of planned infrastructure projects.
In the US, on the West Coast, the market conditions were strong enough to mitigate the poorer price results of the Northeastern and Midwestern regions. Below-expectation results in the North East and the Midwest were a consequence of the unseasonal weather conditions – which did not help in the Southern market either. As such, cement ex-works prices inched up in the first quarter of 2018, having topped USD 100.
In the Mediterranean Basin, domestic indices rose over eight percent year on year, supported by strong pricing trends in Italy and Egypt. In Italy, cement average selling prices increased, despite the economic uncertainty arising from the unpredictable impact of the elections. In Egypt, positive pricing developments followed the recent improvements in domestic demand.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Trial for Alabama Death Row Inmate Represented by Snell & Wilmer Lawyer
- SKB Introduces Three All-New Rolling Compact Rigs
- Keeper Goals Adds New Sales Team Member Sara Hans
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Phoenix Moving and Storage Leader
- The Club at Altair Irvine Grand Opens January 26th!
- Metal-Based Chemotherapy Could Help Improve Survival in Patients with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- Too much Clutter? Winter Storage Tips from PODS® Wisconsin Moving and Storage Leader
Gray cement trade prices rise in 2Q 2018; China loses leadership
In June 2018, global average FOB prices for gray cement increased by almost four percent to USD 57.4 per ton when compared to the same period the previous year.
Unlike the last quarter of 2017 and the first of 2018, when China stood as the world's leading gray cement exporter, over 2Q 2018, that place was taken by Turkey. The Turkish cement market accounted for 13.0 percent of the gray cement total trade during that period.
Also in the second quarter of 2018, in the Asia-Pacific-Japan region, trade prices for gray cement are estimated to have risen to USD 46.4 per ton. In the Mediterranean Basin, gray cement average export prices are estimated to have surpassed USD 50 per ton.
In 3Q 2018, most regions are expected to record a decline in gray cement FOB prices, except for Asia-Pacific-Japan.
Turkey consolidates hegemony of white cement exports
When it comes to white cement trade, Turkey unsurprisingly resurfaces as the largest exporter of the premium commodity in the second quarter of 2018. Not only did the Turkish cement market keep its leading exporting position, it reinforced it by expanding its share from over 20 percent in 1Q 2018 to over 30 percent of the white cement global trade over 2Q 2018.
Similarly to the previous quarters, Asia-Pacific-Japan was the leading exporting region of clinker during the second quarter of 2018, having shipped almost six million tons. In the region, trade prices for the commodity are forecasted to slip marginally over the third quarter – a contracting trend that will be more pronounced in the Mediterranean Basin region.
Keeping up with 1Q 2018, Japan continued to lead the slag exporting market, despite the double-digit decline in shipped volumes both year on year and quarter on quarter.
More on eTradeWire News
- Mesothelioma-Causing Asbestos Found in Children's Products
- Driftscape Launches Free Trial Feature
- Hygieneering, Inc. Renews ISNetworld Membership
- State of Redleg Investments: December 2018
- For Valentine Weekend Dance to the Light of the Moon
- Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey Kicks Off New Year
- CopyPro.ai Opens Its Headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada
For more information, placing an order, or interview inquiries, please contact Mihnea Manea, Media and Market Services Executive, CW Group, by phone at +40 723 281 704, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Report
The Global Cement Trade Price Report (GCTPR) is CW Research's benchmark price assessment for monthly gray cement, white cement, clinker and granulated blast furnace slag prices and volumes. The 150+ page report, published on a quarterly basis, serves as the industry go to source for monthly price data for over 70 individual markets worldwide, including multiple cornerstone data series: import, export, ex-works and market prices. Additionally, the GCTPR includes extensive discussion of key players' price strategies as well as trade price forecast and select trade volumes for each country. The report also provides regional price indices as well as a quick review of trading dynamics and drivers in the different regions. Additionally, the GCTPR includes monthly historical data series, preliminary estimates for the latest quarter, as well as a three-month forecast for all price types.
More information about the report can be found here: http://www.cwgrp.com/research/research-products/product/1-global-cement-trade-price-report
About CW Group
The Greenwich (Conn.), USA headquartered CW Group is a leading advisory, research and business intelligence boutique with a global presence and a multi-industry orientation. CW Group is particularly recognized for its sector expertise in heavy-side building materials (cement), light-side building materials, traditional and renewable power & energy, petrochemicals, metals & mining, industrial minerals, industrial manufacturing, bulk cargo & shipping, among others. We have a strong functional capability, grounded in our methodical and quantitative philosophy, including due diligence, sourcing intelligence, feasibility studies and commodity forecasting. www.cwgrp.com
+40 723 281 704
- Helping Kids with Cancer Radiothon raises more than $150,000
- Clear Soul Forces - Still (Album)
- CAN Bus Logger Keeps Cambridge Racing Team Competitive
- Blue Nose Custom Engraved Challenge Coins Makes Port Today
- VCPWA announces Derrick Wilson as the New Strategic Operations Manager
- Bedfont announces Dr Jafar Jafari as its first member on the Gastrolyzer Medical Advisory Board
- accu-rate™ Estimating Services Co. software now offering 1006 100-Stories Estimating System
- NTI Now Offering a 4K HDMI USB KVM Switch
- Wheel Fun Rentals Hosts Interactive Booth at the Travel & Adventure Show in San Diego
- A Day Without Educators Within OUSD
- New work trucks and equipment rolling out at The Work Truck Show 2019
- Are you using Google and Social Media to best promote your business
- Savant Books Announces the Release of Nicholas Bylotas' New Novel, "StoryTeller" in eBook Format
- Home Tax Solutions Announced as the Largest Originator of Property Tax Loans in State of Texas According to Public Data
- Attn:Newspaper Publishers, Editors & Sales re Severe Weather Events & Newspaper Advertising Revenues
- DTC Offers New Programs & Partnerships To Train Detroit Residents For In Demand Careers
- Associates Rank RE/MAX Platinum Realty Best Brokerage
- The MJA Company Launches New Website
- Cynthia Daniels & Co. Brings Ultimate Girlfriend Gathering to the Midsouth with Black Bridal Expo
- Innovative HR tech startup launches JobzMall 2.0, new career platform, for evolving workforce