Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 583
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 226
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 207
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 193
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 190
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 183
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 178
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 137
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 131
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 130
Similar on eTradeWire
- BYD Delivers Battery-Electric Buses to Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: High Speed Rail Around the World
- Pollution and Politics True or False – ECOFuelMax
- Fall is the time for DOT consortium renewal decisions
- Trouble times Covid 19 Pandemic & Toronto Airport Limo
- National Van Lines Expands New York Scope
- BYD brings zero emission refuse collection to Sunshine State
- Engineering expertise enhances Robinson's portable fuel solutions
- Tucker Company Expands Executive Team With Transportation Logistics Expert
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Gincor Werx for Being Named One of Canada's 400 Fastest Growing Companies
But the 6-foot guideline has long been outdated by new research, and in any event was never realistic, says Professor John Banzhaf, based upon his expertise and expert testimony in dealing with particles of tobacco smoke which many used to claim likewise did not spread, and could not cause harm beyond a few feet from the smoker.
So, while airlines are increasingly touting what they call their superb ventilation system and HEPA filters in an effort to convince passengers that it is safe to fly despite coronavirus particles released into the air by other passengers, they made virtually the same false claims about microscopic tobacco smoke particles back in the days when smoking was permitted aboard commercial flights, notes Banzhaf.
More on eTradeWire News
- "Free the 13th" Event Works To Abolish Constitutional Slavery and Involuntary Servitude
- Beckatt Solutions wins Technology Innovator Award
- Forum Launches Advanced Customer Portal
- "SETH: A Novel in Two Parts" by D. W. Briggs is published by New Generation Publishing
- Beauty at the Beast – The Headless Horseman Rides Again
The CDC is not the only source of confusion if not outright deceit, suggests Banzhaf, pointing to the airline industry.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis recently echoed claims by airlines that the HEPA filters and other measures make flying safe during the pandemic, but new evidence of actual transmissions in flight caused by airborne coronavirus particles , plus lessons learned before smoking on planes was banned, show that flying can still cause infection with this deadly coronavirus, says Banzhaf, the man behind the ban on smoking about commercial carriers.
So, "don't bet your life on airline HEPA hype," Professor Banzhaf warns.
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Q3 2020 | Houston Industrial | Research & Forecast Report
- Panel Built's Modular Offices Adapt to Meet New Workplace Needs
- DHS' Vice Chairman, Fernando Aguirre, Approves to Launch Partnership and New Coalition to Strengthen
- Checklist for Autism Treatment Selection
- Financial Solutions Inc. Adds Timeshare Cancellation Services
- 143VINYL adds StarCraft SD Matte Removable Vinyl to product line
- Double Heart and Kidney Transplant Recipient Reveals Secrets to Survival During Difficult Times in New Book
- Blaqq Production Compnay Hosts a Screenwriting Compition and Uncovers Unique Talent
- TRENIQUES: Shay Leonia gives insights into her music career
- Guardian Pool Fence Systems Opens New Location In Las Vegas
- For "Write a Business Plan Month"... During Covid...Every Month is "Write a Business Plan Month"
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Cheryl Jett
- Charlotte Art League's Storytelling Payphone Launch
- LED Display Lightings and its Importance in Modern Economy
- MTGA Recognizes COVID-19 Response Champions At Annual Awards
- Pirate Chain Onboards a New Core Developer
- Welcome to Victory – Century Victory!
- KFA Wins Honor for LA LGBT Center, Anita May Rosenstein Campus at LABC Architectural Awards Gala
- Grab The Axe Consulting signs UAT Professor & IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Dr. Mark "The Shark" Smith
- Sink into the strange new tale by horror author Timothy G. Huguenin