Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 407
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 159
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 153
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 137
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 114
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 113
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- One Park Financial Honored with "Company of the Year" Stevie® Award
- Tax Expert and Advisor Barry G. Fowler, EA On Making Sure Important Paperwork Is Out Of Harm's Way
- National ATM Council Announces Debbi Haacke as Vice-Chair of NAC Governmental Affairs Committee
- Money Capital Launches Business Financing Program
- Swiontek Retires, Mathiowetz, Schmid Promoted at Americana Community Bank
- Bitcoin and BTC.com in China Continue to Top the Second Edition of CryptoSuper500 List
- $23 Million Secured for Refinance of "Hudson Heights" Multifamily Property in Union City
- 'Effing Simple' author gets practical about business advice
- Credit Card Insider Releases Credit Score Misconceptions Survey
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Talks About the Value of Dying Well
Among the changes in the rules package is the plan to create an Office of Diversity and Inclusion. There are also plans to build a Financial Services subcommittee to oversee diversity and inclusion within the financial services space.
"Career Communications Group reaches thousands of students and professionals in accounting, business, finance, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields each year," said Tyrone Taborn, publisher and CEO of Career Communications Group (CCG).
"The goal is to expose them to the achievements of the African American Community and inspire them to pursue high-potential careers; with the understanding that while there is still room for progress, doors have been opened and barriers shattered. Their challenge is not to feel the burden of the pioneers, but the responsibility of continuing our march of progress," he said.
'Diversity that looks like America, more closely resembles talent and marketplace.'
"While it is constructive for America to see the House execute this political course correction on the management and treatment of its workforce," Taborn continued "CCG also works with our nation's premier employers, and it is equally important that they understand that our House of Representatives leadership expects companion behavior from their business peers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tuesday Night Comics at North Coast Rep
- Ideation at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Springfield Jazz and Roots Festival Set to Draw Thousands to Downtown Springfield on August 10
- Glutamate Dehydrogenase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric) K185
- EZClick™ Myristoylated Protein Assay Kit, Red Fluorescence
"That expectation is anchored in the understanding of our legislators that a House that looks more like America, more closely resembles the talent and customers of her marketplace, and increasingly the world in which we do business.
"The actions of the House today are not 20th-Century affirmative action statements, but rather the markers intended to define the competitive behavior required to win in the 21st Century marketplace. I, therefore, applaud the emphasis on diversity in the rules package, and the aim to provide an opportunity for all Americans to be included," Taborn said.
'Workers of 21st Century America.'
Ted Childs, retired Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer from IBM, and advisor to Career Communications Group and other U. S. and global businesses, joined Taborn in discussing the House announcement.
"The political climate has not been healthy for a focus on diversity," Childs observed. "The national discussion has acknowledged our changing demographics by framing a picture of gains at the expense of our majority community.
"Those changes, while real, reflect the reality of a nation that is becoming more diverse, but also increasingly looks like the global marketplace we serve," Childs said, adding that, "America's Team" is not a sports team—it is an army that competes on the economic battlefield 24/7 and has reduced probability of winning if it does not look like the America it represents.
"The Black and Brown student and professional communities that CCG talks to are the talent of that America. We win with them as members of our employment and leadership teams or lose. When our legislative leadership demonstrates trust in the definable, non-negotiable presence of our diversity, it frames a picture of "We the people" as citizens and workers of 21st Century America," Childs said.
More on eTradeWire News
- Comic-Con Best Documentary Winner About Artist Who Inspired US Space Program Heads for SoCal Launch
- Axiom Eco-Pest Control Sponsors "Fight the Bite" Blood Drive to Focus on Mosquito Awareness
- Revitalization of the Fashion Business Concept Communicates a Powerful Force
- IFLM Special Shareholders Meeting - Early Notice
- Free Wheelchair Mission's 16th Annual Miracle of Mobility Gala Planned for July 25th
"For nearly 30 years, Tyrone has been begging America to hear and understand the message of the importance of respecting and valuing the diversity of our technology talent," Childs said. " In 2006, I began to describe him as the Carter G. Woodson of our era. It is wonderful to see the U.S. House of Representatives align with the messenger's message," noted Childs.
About Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG)
Career Communications Group, the producer of the Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) STEM Conference and Women of Color in STEM Conference, has built lasting partnerships with top companies and government agencies in America. The strength of these relationships has been developed around the premise that thoughtful, diversity strategies will reap positive returns on that investment in both the short and long term. For more information visit https://intouch.ccgmag.com/default.aspx
About Ted Childs LLC
Ted Childs LLC serves as a Global "Strategic Diversity Advisor" to Senior Management and a client's workforce diversity team. The goal of Ted Childs™ LLC is to coach a corporate Workforce Diversity team through the identification of the internal/external stakeholders, an assessment of the internal/external environment, and the development and execution of a Global Workforce Diversity Strategy. For more information visit http://www.tedchilds.com/index.html
- Junior Achievement to host Bowl-A-Thon on Aug. 21 at HeadPinz
- VoiceNation launches new website for improved UX and streamlined ordering
- The Continuing Adventures of the USS Batfish
- Quick move-in homes available in vibrant community
- Shell Point's 2019 Summer Concert Series welcomes Aibou Duo July 10
- Kintetsu International Holds Milestone Anniversary of their Annual KIE Travel Showcase!
- Medicare Confusion Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Explained – Cary Nagdeman
- Triage Partners Licenses WipIT™ SaaS to Global Logistics Company
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition selects Eduardo Cora as president and CEO
- Blackhawk Plastic Surgery Welcomes Expert Plastic Surgeon, Timothy Rankin MD
- BPM Partners with Local Schools for Earth Day Clean Up
- Wellquest Medical expands Patient Care Services now Offering Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Studio Channel Islands Art Center Welcomes New Board Member
- High Speed Ethernet Data Acquisition
- Salt Lake Refugee Family Family Gets Big Gift From Local Business to Celebrate World Refugee Day
- What Is OfferBot? Mobile Real Estate
- Hundreds gather to take Ice Bucket Challenge, send message
- Country Villa Rehabilitation Center in Irvine Sued for Elder Abuse and Fraud
- Essential Alternatives, makers of Shoe Defenders™ Announces Market Campaign and New Products
- Hurricane prep built into new Cape Coral senior community