Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 216
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 204
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 179
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 125
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 124
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 120
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 114
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 101
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Private Placement Debt Market to Open Nationwide in April
- ScaleHR 2019 Call for Speakers Now Open
- IRS deadline approaching for small, non-profit organizations
- Gladiator Lending Reviews Rise of Debt Scams and Loan Complaints in 2019
- First Edition of eProseed World: Striving for Excellence
- Ascensus Appoints New Regional Vice President
- Infamous 'Liberty Dollar' Is Back
- Confluent and Risk Focus Partner to Bring the Power of Event Streaming to Financial Services
- Companies Utilizing Diversity and Inclusion Training 72% More Likely to Report Financial Growth
- Hear Directly from OFAC, Treasury and State at ACI's Flagship Conference on Economic Sanctions (May 2-3 in Washington, DC)
Among the changes in the rules package is the plan to create an Office of Diversity and Inclusion. There are also plans to build a Financial Services subcommittee to oversee diversity and inclusion within the financial services space.
"Career Communications Group reaches thousands of students and professionals in accounting, business, finance, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields each year," said Tyrone Taborn, publisher and CEO of Career Communications Group (CCG).
"The goal is to expose them to the achievements of the African American Community and inspire them to pursue high-potential careers; with the understanding that while there is still room for progress, doors have been opened and barriers shattered. Their challenge is not to feel the burden of the pioneers, but the responsibility of continuing our march of progress," he said.
'Diversity that looks like America, more closely resembles talent and marketplace.'
"While it is constructive for America to see the House execute this political course correction on the management and treatment of its workforce," Taborn continued "CCG also works with our nation's premier employers, and it is equally important that they understand that our House of Representatives leadership expects companion behavior from their business peers.
More on eTradeWire News
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Alaska Expansion with Arctic Rush
- Local high school string quartet to join pros on Kalamazoo stage
- Fighting Auschwitz -- Finalist in Prestigious Benjamin Franklin Awards
- American Medical Depot Names Chief Medical Officer
- Paw Works Mardi Paws 5th Annual Ties & Tails Gala
"That expectation is anchored in the understanding of our legislators that a House that looks more like America, more closely resembles the talent and customers of her marketplace, and increasingly the world in which we do business.
"The actions of the House today are not 20th-Century affirmative action statements, but rather the markers intended to define the competitive behavior required to win in the 21st Century marketplace. I, therefore, applaud the emphasis on diversity in the rules package, and the aim to provide an opportunity for all Americans to be included," Taborn said.
'Workers of 21st Century America.'
Ted Childs, retired Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer from IBM, and advisor to Career Communications Group and other U. S. and global businesses, joined Taborn in discussing the House announcement.
"The political climate has not been healthy for a focus on diversity," Childs observed. "The national discussion has acknowledged our changing demographics by framing a picture of gains at the expense of our majority community.
"Those changes, while real, reflect the reality of a nation that is becoming more diverse, but also increasingly looks like the global marketplace we serve," Childs said, adding that, "America's Team" is not a sports team—it is an army that competes on the economic battlefield 24/7 and has reduced probability of winning if it does not look like the America it represents.
"The Black and Brown student and professional communities that CCG talks to are the talent of that America. We win with them as members of our employment and leadership teams or lose. When our legislative leadership demonstrates trust in the definable, non-negotiable presence of our diversity, it frames a picture of "We the people" as citizens and workers of 21st Century America," Childs said.
More on eTradeWire News
- In Honor Of St Patrick's Day Fir Na Dli Men Of Law Police Challenge Coin Released!
- Blessed Be The Lord Psalm 144-1 Challenge Coin Released Today To Active Duty US Military & Veterans
- College Night: Discussion and Panel for Youth Transitioning to University
- ScaleHR 2019 Call for Speakers Now Open
- Welcome Star Actor on Influencer the Online Marketplace
"For nearly 30 years, Tyrone has been begging America to hear and understand the message of the importance of respecting and valuing the diversity of our technology talent," Childs said. " In 2006, I began to describe him as the Carter G. Woodson of our era. It is wonderful to see the U.S. House of Representatives align with the messenger's message," noted Childs.
About Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG)
Career Communications Group, the producer of the Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) STEM Conference and Women of Color in STEM Conference, has built lasting partnerships with top companies and government agencies in America. The strength of these relationships has been developed around the premise that thoughtful, diversity strategies will reap positive returns on that investment in both the short and long term. For more information visit https://intouch.ccgmag.com/default.aspx
About Ted Childs LLC
Ted Childs LLC serves as a Global "Strategic Diversity Advisor" to Senior Management and a client's workforce diversity team. The goal of Ted Childs™ LLC is to coach a corporate Workforce Diversity team through the identification of the internal/external stakeholders, an assessment of the internal/external environment, and the development and execution of a Global Workforce Diversity Strategy. For more information visit http://www.tedchilds.com/index.html
- HomeAid Care Day at Our House Decatur
- The Brownstones at New Visions Has Defied the Market This Winter
- The Garden State Philharmonic and the GSP Chorus Salute the American Composer
- Injury Prevention Advocates: Coming to Newark for the First Time, 6 Steps to Better Balance Program
- Four Awesome Days Of Free Summer Fun At The Tri-county Fair Fireworks, Rides, Games And More
- Miles For Migraine Reveals 2019 Race Schedule
- Dustin Ferguson's Revenge Thriller ROBOWOMAN Will Premiere at Laemmle Glendale on April 11, 2019
- C.H.I. Overhead Doors Announces Acquisition of PerforMax Global™
- Daniel Gale Sotheby's International Realty Announces Top 10 Production Leaders
- Real Estate Expert, Bill Farrand, Hits Amazon Best-Seller List with The Recipe for Success
- StaffBot, the Top Human Capital Management Suite, Introduces Shelly Doering as Senior Director
- Billy Graham's Daughter and Granddaughter Speak to Sold-Out Crowd
- CBT College first health fair of 2019 to be held on March 21
- Genesis Research and SIRIUS Market Access form Trans-Atlantic market access collaboration
- Project Boon Partners With IVRS For San Bernardino County Community Outreach
- Omnichain CEO Earns Award Recognitions from Food Logistics and Supply & Demand Chain Executive
- Fora Room: Luxurious Home Decor For An Elegant Home
- Best Advertising Channel of 2019 Results Are in - A 7-Year Trend Stands
- Job & Resource Fair Set for United States Veterans
- Entrepreneur Amy Banocy Signs Publishing Deal With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author The Success Formula