Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 348
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 311
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 192
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 176
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 175
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 158
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 114
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- Judge Kills ACA's Protection for Pre-Existing Conditions, But
- Georgia's InsuranceHub Makes the Holidays Happy for Local Families
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Colonial Life as a New Platinum Member
- CLARA analytics Announces Expanded Relationship with QBE Insurance
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate Over $21,000 to Local San Diego Charities
- Microsoft Teams Includes a Free Phone System! BluIP Completes the Feature-Set!
- Twin Cities Public Adjuster Offers Advice for Filing Insurance Claims
- Joe Edgeworth Honored With Prestigious Invitation
- Georgia's InsuranceHub Doubles the Size of Its Transportation Division
- 35% Dividend Paid to Members of the Retail Group of New York Workers' Compensation Safety Group #544
The rankings were unveiled in the November 2018 issue of Business Insurance. As the third ranking insurance agency in the country, Cavignac & Associates outshined hundreds of other insurance companies, from small, privately owned agencies with as few as 26 employees to national firms with as many as 4,400 employees.
"Being a great place to work has always been a top priority for us, and recognition like this tells us we're hitting the mark," said Jeff Cavignac, company founder and managing principal. "What all the ranking companies have in common is a commitment to attracting, developing and retaining great talent through a combination of benefits and other programs that their employees value."
The survey and awards program are designed to identify, recognize and honor the best employers in the nation's insurance industry. Through an employer questionnaire on policies, practices and demographics and a confidential employee survey, Best Companies Group assembles the data points and analyzes them according to eight core focus areas:
· Leadership and planning
· Corporate culture and communication
· Role satisfaction
· Work environment
· Relationship with supervisor
· Training, development and resources
More on eTradeWire News
- Fitness Expert/Actor/Author Jasson Finney on CBS2 Teaching Children How To Lead A Healthy Lifestyle
- Garyk Lee Style TV Teaser Episodes 4 & 5 Introducing Fashiona
- Findability Sciences launches FP Reply™, a new AI service to manage high volumes of inbound emails
- Continuing his article series on legal assistants, William B. Blanchard reviews training issues
- Bk2Bk Inc. Announces PillMap, Your Daily Guide
- Godfrey Muwonge, immigration lawyer, now offers Flexible Billing Plans for New Clients
- Superhero Themed Event Shares Author's Journey
· Pay and benefits
· Overall engagement
Cavignac & Associates scored high in all areas, particularly its desirable social environment and staff camaraderie. Picnics, baby showers, holiday gatherings, group tickets to Padres baseball games, company softball games, sushi-making classes, kayaking, hosted happy hours, beer and wine tastings, regularly catered lunches and more are what helped the firm rank so high.
"We realize that the people who work here are going to spend a lot of time together, so we try to create a lot of opportunities to do things together to make it fun," said Cavignac.
In addition to regular outings and events, the firm holds fast to the belief that, if the company does well, everybody does well. Cavignac & Associates' agency-wide bonus program is based on metrics that measure the agency's success, specifically new business, client retention and productivity. If the bonus program is maxed, employees can receive 12 percent additional compensation.
Coupled with the bonus program, the firm buys lunch for everyone if monthly goals are hit and dinners if quarterly goals are exceeded. "Years of Service" bonuses are also provided.
Together with the semiannual bonuses, Cavignac provides monthly $15 bonus meal allowances and quarterly $50 bonus meal allowances when on budget, as well as years-of-service bonuses between $500 and $2,500.
Professional development is also critical to Cavignac & Associates. The firm pays 100 percent of education classes, seminars and materials, and also provides five paid days off for education, as well as cash bonuses of between $250 and $2,500 for achieving designations or certifications.
"We try to provide each employee with a clear path toward their goals," said Cavignac. "We consider our company a "Knowledge" business first and a "Service" business second. While each are critically important, without the knowledge, we wouldn't have anyone to service."
More on eTradeWire News
- Real estate attorney William B. Blanchard publishes article series on paralegals
- Introducing the little countdown iOS App: helping travelers get to the gate on time
- 1000 Food Baskets Distributed to Families In Our Local Community
- Angela Carlson N.D Brings Spirit of Sustainability to Naturopathic Medicine
- Apple Iphone Users First To Get New Revolutionary AR App
- AltMBA Reading List - Seth Godin's AltMBA Program
- Nature Article Highlights AlbuVoid™ in Autophagy and Cancer Study
Insurance companies from across the country entered the two-part survey process to determine the "Best Places to Work in Insurance." The first part involved evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25 percent of the total evaluation.
The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75 percent of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process, analyzed the data and determined the final rankings.
"I'm exceptionally proud of our entire staff for upholding our vision and mission and contributing to the company's desirable work culture," said Cavignac. "Their positive input on how management is doing in its effort to keep them happy and professionally fulfilled means a great deal."
For more information on the "Best Places to Work in Insurance" award program, visit www.BestPlacestoWorkINS.com
About Cavignac & Associates:
Founded in 1992, Cavignac & Associates is a leading risk management and insurance brokerage firm located in San Diego's downtown. The firm caters to a broad range of clients including developers, real estate owners, design professionals, manufacturers, construction firms, non-profit organizations and other industries. Company principals are Jeffrey W. Cavignac, CPCU, ARM, RPLU, CRIS, MLIS; James P. Schabarum II, CPCU, AFSB; Scott A. Bedingfield, AAI, CIC, CRIS; Patrick Casinelli, RHU, REBC, CHRS; Matthew Slakoff, CIC, CRIS; and Matthew Noonan, RHU, CIC, CHRS, CCWS. The firm employs a staff of 55 people at offices located at 450 B Street, Suite 1800, San Diego, Calif., 92101. More information about the company can be found at www.cavignac.com.
- LeakTronics Helps Australian Residents Facing Concealed Water Leakage Concession Policies
- BME Successfully Launched The 1st African-American Live TV Streaming Service In The United States
- This Brand Wants to Replace Your Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Free
- Dustin Ferguson, Award-Winning Filmmaker, Releases First CD Titled CALIFORNIA BITCHES
- Women Choose Wealth Announces Its New Program: Mind Over Money Makeover
- Anchorage Dentist Offers Extended Hours, Same Day Dental, and Emergency Appointments for All Alaskans
- "Nice" is Now the "New Normal," Declares Author
- Cavallo Names Horse Trainer Emma Massingale as Global Ambassador
- Holabird Western Americana Collections' wild eclectic auction, Dec. 5-9, featured 3,500 diverse lots
- More than Sporting Goods; Play It Again Sports Announces Maintenance Services
- ERA Triangle Real Estate Group Welcomes NC Real Estate Broker, Billy Yeargin
- After recently legalizing marijuana, Canadian MPs have their radar set on sports betting, Says PayPerHead.com
- Salmon Box setting up an online platform for wild salmon distribution nationwide
- Qualis Corporation's Strategic Programs Unit Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- Your Safety Department, Llc Announces Spirometry Testing Services
- Dubuque Senior High School String Quartet to join the pros
- Imagine Wellness Spa adds innovative beauty-enhancing technology
- Wizard World Teams With Team Happy Foundation On Comic Book Program In NOLA
- Cape Coral Community Foundation announces 2019 Power Players Professional Advisor Award winners
- Finalists Named for Beaufort International Film Festival 2019