Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 119
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- BREAKING NEWS! American Pet Professionals Membership Enrollment for 2019 ENDS on August 31, 2019!
- Founder of Pet Product Innovations LLC David Levy Invests in TEEF! Dog Dental Care
- Magnolias of Chambersburg to celebrate 'Dog Days' of Summer
- API Launches New Betta Products
- Pet Deodorizer from Oxyfresh will Keep Your Bird's Living Space Fresh, Clean and Safe!
- Oxyfresh Launching New Pet Dental Kit at SuperZoo Booth #3208
- SmartLeash® Offers Seat Belt Technology for Safe, Calm & Worry-Free Walks!
- Newhaven Court at Clearview Dog Show set for Aug. 14
- Dr. Marty Goldstein Speaking at The Truth About Cancer [LIVE] on October 11–13 in Anaheim, CA
A: "Animals left in vehicles, chained outdoors or just forgotten about to wander the streets or countryside are freezing to death at alarming rates," says Cavallo Horse & Rider President Carole Herder. "Unprecedented cold weather is wreaking havoc across the North American continent and our animals are paying a price. It is up to us to have this understanding. Our dogs, cats, birds and other friends aren't the only animals in need of special care during extreme weather. Horses and other livestock require consideration, too."
Herder reminds you to "schedule veterinary visits for your animals that are pregnant, or very young or old. Animals with diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, or hormonal imbalances (such as Cushing's disease) can have a hard time regulating body temperatures during extreme cold."
"Cold temperatures are usually tolerable, but add wind, rain, or snow and your animals will require more calories to maintain body heat," Herder says. "Be sure you offer your animals access to shelter that will block the wind. Blankets can help protect horses, but a structural shelter with proper ventilation and dry bedding is the best method of protection. If you do blanket your horses, be sure to check underneath often for signs of injury, infection, or malnutrition. And if you do start blanketing, you must continue until the weather subsides. You should also have a spare blanket, because wet blankets are worse than none. Change your horse's blanket any time it is wet and to make sure it is clean against his skin. Your Cavallo Hoof Boots are an absolute necessity, not only to protect your horse's feet, but to prevent ice balling and to increase traction on ice and wet ground."
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Dexan Queen of Speed" by Dr Fy is published
- Recipe for Success in Playtacular's Refreshing New Root Beer Float Challenge Game
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- "iCrime Uber" by Ian Purdie is published
"In moderate climates, horses' hooves thrive on a flat surface with minimal bedding to provide a firm counter effect for the hoof mechanism," Herder explains. "However, when it's very cold and your horse is staying inside, the bedding should be thick, dry and changed regularly to provide a warm, dry environment. The door to the shelter should be positioned away from prevailing winds. Do not use space heaters or heat lamps unless you are diligent in your monitoring. Fires can burn out of control—even in cold weather. Frostbite is hard to detect and may not be noticed until after the damage is done. If you suspect your horse or pet has hypothermia or frostbite, consult your veterinarian immediately. Keep driveways clear of ice, snow and mud to allow easy access for veterinarians and hoof care practitioners. Know what areas of your property become muddy and prepare sand, wood chips or gravel to help you manage paddocks and driveways so you'll have access to your horses and your horses will have safe footing. In any wet or slick footing conditions, protect horses' hooves with Cavallo Hoof Boots."
Keep in mind that your horse keeps warm when food is working through his system. According to Herder "your horses need enough calories to heat themselves. Just make sure they have enough to keep warm. A little left over is better than going hungry in cold weather."
"It is crucial to provide fresh and unfrozen water," Herder says. "Tank heaters or heated buckets can help keep water at an appropriate temperature. Your horse will not consume enough water if it is near freezing."
"Taking care of our companions is not only a responsibility, but a privilege," Herder says. "This honor can be enjoyed for years to come and through all the changes our climate fluctuations may deliver. It requires a little planning, foresight, perhaps a touch of creativity and a good helping of courage. The reward of love and friendship is always worth it."
More on eTradeWire News
- Attivo Networks® to Present on Deception-Based Threat Detection at ILTACON 2019
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- Can smelling good change your life?
- Enmarket to Raise Funds Throughout August for LLS's Light the Night
- Newark will Host National Opportunity Zone Pitch Competition on October 17
Enter Our Spring Giveaway:
Enter now at https://www.cavallo-inc.com/AHP-spring-giveawayfor a chance to win a pair of Cavallo Trek Boots for your horse! You pick the size if selected. Enter before the deadline, May 1, 2019. One winner will be notified by email and announced on the Cavallo Horse & Rider Facebook page within one week after the deadline. One entry per person/email address. Delivery to North America only. If the chosen winner does not respond by email within one week, the second-choice winner will be notified. No cash value, no returns or exchanges. One entry per person. Void where prohibited.
Find out more about Cavallo Trek Horse Hoof Boots: https://www.cavallo-inc.com/product-category/hoof-boot/trek-hoof-boots, MSRP: $179.90 USD per pair.
Cavallo Horse & Rider:
Visit https://www.cavallo-inc.comto learn about the full line of hoof boots. Want more info? Sign up here for our free newsletter: https://www.cavallo-inc.com/email-signup-AHP.
Call (877) 818-0037 from the USA or Canada or call direct, (604) 740-0037.
About the Source:
Carole Herder is the author of the #1 International Bestseller, There Are No Horseshoes in Heaven. She has been involved in horse health since 1993. Her company, Cavallo Horse & Rider Inc., develops, manufactures and distributes horse products in 26 countries. Herder designed and developed Cavallo Hoof Boots and Total Comfort System Saddle Pads.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer Lynne Torgerson averts criminal sexual conduct charges against client
- John R. Wood Announces Top Producers for July 2019
- Metroplex Premier League Founding Member Division 4 Rookie Amateur REAL UNION F.C
- Open Road Girl Hosts All Womens Ride At Vette City Motorcycle Music Fest
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- The Bridge Experience is Set to Take People on a Powerful Personal Journey to Kick Start 2020 Decade
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
- Stay Frosty Enterprises Goes Live On Amazon
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- The Property Shop to Open August 23rd and Hold Back to School Drive Aug. 24th