Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 139
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 119
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 108
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- "The Central Authority" Movie Wraps Principal Photography
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Tony Gee, 3-Time Spin Awards host returns
- For Newspapers...For May 16, 2020...For National Love a Tree Day
- COVID-19 Overwhelming Africa With Few Ventilators, But
Similar on eTradeWire
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "The Quiet Man" Commemorative Euro Making Noise In Ireland
- City of San Miguel De Allende Enters 'Phase 0' of Reactivation
- Tenon Tours Welcomes New Managing Director, Art Cox
- One Caribbean TV Journalist Melissa Noel Leads the State of Tourism Panel Discussion Hosted by CACAF
- Miami Maritime Passenger Boarding Bridge and Fix Tunnel up for Auction on GovDeals.com
- State of Yucatan Launches "Biosecurity Risk Prevention Certification"
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Long Beach Island Region Opens Summer with New Way to Get The Information You Need
- Art Documentary Film "Americart 2019" To Be Distributed by Indie Rights
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment's Travel Salary Index – August 2019
• Candidate, vacancy and placement numbers all up in August
• Average travel wages rise strongly in 2019, despite monthly dip
• Standard travel job salaries rise to second highest ever level
Activity returns to recruitment market
After a quiet few months, the travel recruitment market saw a big boost in August with the number of placements rising by 34 per cent from July, according to the latest Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the month.
Candidate numbers jumped by 21 per cent in the month, which was the biggest monthly rise since January. Even more impressively, last month's number of job seekers rose by 18 per cent from August 2018 to create the first year-on-year increase in 15 months.
More on eTradeWire News
- Kay L expanding his influence and still pumping the hits out!
- Local Los Angeles Community Comes Together In The Wake Of Looting Aftermath
- Ford Motor Co. awards California Pony Cars with 2019 Mustang SEMA Build
- Vascular BioSciences Announces Preclinical Research Results Demonstrating Improved Pulmonary Hype
- Lenoir NC Company Files US Patent Application for "Voice-Activated Talk-Through Safety Mask Appliance and Method" dubbed, "VATTSMA™"
It was also a positive month for new vacancies, with August's total increasing by three per cent compared to the same month in 2018 – the first such rise since January. What's more, August 2019 also saw a two per cent monthly increase from July.
Travel wages see monthly dip
The average wage for a new job in travel dipped by 2.24 per cent in August to £28,643, but the rolling 12-month average remained up by a strong +5.52 per cent.
Salaries for standard travel roles (those paying up to £40,000) increased by 1.62 per cent in the month to reach £25,883 – which stood behind only June 2018's £26,099 as the second highest figure since the index began. The rolling 12-month average also recorded a very healthy level of +3.73 per cent.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk/) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "We hoped to see a big rebound in activity in September after the busy summer holiday period ends, but we're delighted to see that it's happened a month early – in August.
More on eTradeWire News
- Create your Perfect Boba Tea with the First DIY Boba Kit in Arizona
- Texas Company Using Innovative Technology To Help Provide Solar To All
- GrandPad introduces connected device capabilities to support telehealth and virtual care for healthc
- Montrel Darrett Debuts New Single and Kicks Off Urban Clothing Line
- Pandemic Cancels Annual Orange Volunteer Firefighters Carnival
"Obviously we need to see this momentum continue into the autumn, but the number of candidates, vacancies and placements all increased last month which is the first time this has happened since January.
"Early signs point to us having a very positive September as well, and with more jobs being created, it means that there are now more exciting and well-paid opportunities to tempt new candidates over the next few months."
For further information please contact: Owen Mckeon (Content Manager - 0161 238 4497 / email@example.com) or Barbara Kolosinska (Director - 07507 602 069 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- BYD Institutes Stringent Safety Protocols as it Reopens Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Plant in Cali
- You Don't Have to Go Up North To Celebrate National Trails Day
- "Days of Our Lives" Star, Shawn Christian, Shares His Keys to Confidence with Suzanne Sena
- Jane Herbert Exhibits at Richard Boyd Art Gallery
- Sit Down With Nude Envie's CEO & Founder Isabel Madison
- Author Reid Ashbaucher Develops New PowerPoint® Aid for Educational Use to Teach Eschatology from a Dispensational Theology Perspective
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive announces executive changes
- AXEcitement as Stumpy's Hatchet House Reopens in Middletown Governor gives the OK to open
- ExpressCells to Present in BIO Start-Up Stadium Next Week
- Concertex Brings Tranquility to Coated Fabrics with Warp
- From Boot Laces to Beautiful Faces: Army Vet Launches New Cosmetic Line
- Centum Financial Services Announces Manitoba's First Mortgage Program for Nurses
- Chamber Topics At 12 Introduces Virtual Luncheon For Business Professionals
- DemandDynamics launches On Demand Services to support Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers
- Mizner Country Club Women's Association Raises $5000 For Palm Beach Food Bank
- Wright Runstad and Intercontinental Real Estate Corp Break Ground on Seattle Office Development
- Free Emergency Farm Market in Lambertville
- Jeron's Enterprise Ready Provider® Nurse Call for an IDN Wide Solution
- Association of Corporate Counsel of St. Louis Chapter Donates $2,500 to St. Louis Area Foodbank
- Adaptiva Introduces OneSite Cloud