Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5442
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 167
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 119
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 112
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 110
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Step By Step Map For Cheap Flights Travelogica
- Covington & Newton County Georgia Named Best TV/Movie Production Destination
- Villas Kassiopi Corfu - Explore the idyllic beauty of Kassiopi
- Techstars-Backed Startup Eddy Travels Launches AI Travel Assistant with Voice Understanding
- New Crop Circle Tour of England Features Personal Growth Workshops
- Tour Operator 'Hidden in Spain' Launches 'Three-City Tour', Featuring Madrid, Seville and Barcelona
- HDScores Launches New Feature Using Emoticons
- Experience Japan's Historic Edo Period (1603-1868) Today in Tokyo and Tochigi Prefectures
- Mhde Askar Gives Chicago Visitors 6 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu Offers Authentic Japanese Cultural Experiences
C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment's Travel Salary Index – April 2019
• Average new travel salaries rise to new record high in April
• Wages for standard travel jobs also see strong rise
• Candidate and vacancy numbers remain subdued
Huge month for travel salaries…
The average salary for a new travel job rose 2.91 per cent last month to set a new record high of £28,382, according to the latest Travel Salary Index from C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment which surveyed all new vacancies registered with the companies during the month.
The figure topped the previous high set last June and is only the second time that average salaries have ever broken through the £28,000 barrier. This also means that wages have increased by 4.9 per cent across the past 12 months.
The overall rise was recorded despite a 1.55 per cent monthly fall in salaries in the north of the UK where wages slipped back to £23,656. However, a very strong 7.95 per cent jump in the south saw salaries reach £28,777 – their highest level since June 2018 and 4.06 per cent higher than last April.
More on eTradeWire News
- SOM Talk Live Invades The 2019 BET Experience in Los Angeles, California!
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Kit-For Gram Negative Rods
- The Impact Factor Movie Kickstarter Launch
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Greg Kearney
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Mark Steele
It was also a very positive month for standard travel jobs (those paying up to £40,000), with wages jumping 3.77 per cent in April to reach their highest point of 2019 so far. The total of £25,752 was also up by 6.63 per cent from the same month last year and is up 7.17 per cent on the rolling 12-month average.
…Slow month for candidates and vacancies
Candidate numbers held steady with March's total, but still saw a sharp 38 per cent fall from last April signifying that the shortage of quality applicants is continuing to affect the market. Vacancy numbers also fell by 23 per cent compared to the same month last year to result in the weakest April since 2014.
Speaking about the stats, Barbara Kolosinska, Director at C&M Travel Recruitment (http://www.candm.co.uk) and C&M Executive Recruitment, said: "It really was a month of two halves. In terms of salaries, everything was very positive with wages for new travel jobs reaching a record high while we also had a massive 8 per cent jump in pay in the south.
More on eTradeWire News
- Heterotaxy Connection Seeking Conference Sponsors
- Toll Brothers starts VIP list for its new community to be built at the Aurora Reservoir
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Eric Lea
- A Children's Book Where The Baby Farts Bubbles!
- New Release: Foundations of the Faith - Paperback edition
"However, at the same time we continued to see a candidate shortage with many of the best travel professionals choosing to remain in their current roles rather than seek out any new opportunities. This has clearly resulted in a huge demand for quality candidates and, as our salary results show, companies are increasingly willing to improve their wages and benefits packages in an effort to attract the best applicants."
All figures are drawn from the salaries of the month's new vacancies advertised with C&M Travel Recruitment and C&M Executive Recruitment.
C&M Travel Recruitment was established in 1998 and is the largest and most successful specialist travel recruitment company in the UK.
For further information please contact: Owen Mckeon (Content Manager - 0161 238 4497 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or Barbara Kolosinska (Director - 07507 602 069 / email@example.com).
- Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Lee Pace & Taron Egerton Headline
- Murder, Clairvoyance, and Paranormal Activities Galore In "No Rest for The Wicked"
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q1 2019
- FDA Compliant Blood Storage and Preservation
- 5.8 Million Canadians Watched The Raptors-76ers Game 7, Breaking Viewership and Betting Records
- Cavallo Hoof Boots Q&A: How can I keep my horse safe while trailering?
- Miller & Miller's June 7-8 auction will feature collector-grade art, clocks, lamps, art glass, pens
- Eighth Annual GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY Celebration
- Top 5 Reasons to Sip BN Labs Organic Greens Daily
- Wow! Luxury Panama City Beach Realtor Promotes Homes To Ensure YOU Get The Money You Deserve!
- For The Love Of Knives: Premium Knives and Blades for Hunting, Camping, and More
- df|MG releases SYFI 2 and Planet Earth Cinematic Sound Effect Libraries
- Coffee, Kittens, and Smiles Fort Lauderdale's Only Pop Up Cat Café!
- NCSC, NBIB, Industry Insiders Interpret the Latest Policies & Impart Best Practices & Strategic Insights at ACI's 2nd National Summit on Classified
- American Rapper and Hip-Hop Recording Artist Heartless @Heartless412
- What makes ethnic rhinoplasty so challenging?
- Passfeed Cashes In On Etfs And Mutual Funds
- Carrier Outlet: Premium Baby Carriers and Accessories for Happy Parents and Babies!
- Elegant Dog Emporium: Premium Dog Apparel, Accessories, and Supplies
- Garden Guru Co: Enhance the Appearance of Your Garden with Lovely Decorative Pieces