Popular on eTradeWire News
- Bungalo Records Celebrates BET Awards 2018 with a Salute by Dolla Black 1388
- Rumored Potential Takeover Bid for SenesTech, Inc. (SNES) 828
- How To Rank In Google 3 Pack Service Launched This Week 301
- Safe Harbor Rolls Out National Cannabis Banking Education Program 184
- Digital Marketers India Announced to Offer Best SEO Services to B2B Enterprises 114
- Powerful Prior Authorization With The Prior Auth Online Advantage 107
- Gotelecare is a Pioneer Service Destination for Orthotics Billing
- FiDonce Pro-Am set to re-energize Philly with Some Big Name NBA Players Onboard
- PriorAuth Online Bridges the Medical Billing Gaps: Free Telemedicine Platform & Total RCM Support
- The Best Strategy For CLAT Exam Preparation 2019 - The Opus Way
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai and Its Three Restaurants Awarded TripAdvisor 2018
- Miami Latest to Gain Popular Motherhood Networking Site
- Music Mogul Mathew Knowles releases 3rd book The Emancipation of Slaves Through Music
- Central Hotels Announces Soft Opening of Royal Central Hotel The Palm
- "Reinvention Is The NEW Revolution!"
- Pieology Pizzeria Gives Back to Valley of the Sun
- Screenwriter Blames Voodoo for Misfortunes in Hollywood in New Web Series
- ENJOYNEER- Inspiration For The New Generation Of Makers
- eSports may reach more screens worldwide with partnership of blockchain-based film & tv marketplace
- Join the Music Fest Perugia at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
The importance for the public and governments have to realize that the current war on the media needs to end. The work of reporters, journalists and other members of the media holds a very important place in the world and without the freedom of the press being respected, the public might as well live in a government controlled dictatorship such as North Korea or Syria (and other unnamed countries) have laws and serious consequences restricting the media and what is allowed to be reported to their citizens.
The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, on Friday issued the following statement,
"It is with great grief that we learned of the death of Javier Ortega, Paul Rivas and Efrain Segarra, three employees of El Comercio, one of Ecuador's newspapers. They were murdered while investigating a series of violent attacks against Ecuadorian security forces at the country's northern border. We offer our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and their loved ones."
More on eTradeWire News
- Sons of Anarchy Duo Perlman & Hurst, Winkler To Attend Wizard World Comic Con Tulsa, September 7-9
- National Ergonomics Conference & ErgoExpo Partners With Wearable Robotics Association
- National Business Brokerage Raincatcher Announces New Ownership
- L-Tron Attends 103rd Annual IAI Conference
- Review.Network is Changing the Market Research and Review Industries in a Big Way!
- AquaBlok Stops Leak in Pond Rehabilitation Project
- From Design to Delivery: MFG.com Launches their New RFQ Form for Buyers!
"Journalists and other media professionals play an essential role in our society. They strengthen our democracies, speak up for the vulnerable and hold governments to account. As a former journalist, this kind of cowardly attack on professionals doing their jobs and serving the public interest hit particularly close to home. Canada stands with Ecuador and Ecuadorians during this difficult time."
As we look to the future, we need to ensure that reporters, journalists and other members of the "real" media are protected. We are seeing too many killed, kidnapped and prosecuted for doing their job around the globe. In some areas such as Syria, major news outlets are restricting what is reported and where their staff travel for the stories. Many news outlets are relying now on unchecked information and videos coming through social media sites from citizen reporters in unsafe regions. It is a corporately safe thing to do when you factor in the number of deaths and other consequences facing those trying to report the real truth and not just what government will allow. But for places such as Canada where the freedom of the press is being placed into question through the courts, it is unacceptable. If the courts can order the identity being released of confidential, so called whistleblowers; the media will suffer a great loss in access to information which is in the public interest. It will also allow for more corruption and misdeeds to go unreported and unpunished. Is the Quebec judge trying to insight fear in potential whistleblowers, and if so. is it under pressure from outside sources or is the justice scared of what can be leaked about his own actions? We may never know.
More on eTradeWire News
- Construction planned for assisted living and memory care community in Mesquite
- FreshDirect Opens State-Of-The-Art Facility in New York
- Syracuse Skilled Nursing Facility signs groundbreaking contract with 1199SEIU healthcare workers
- ERA Wilder Northeast Welcomes Exciting New Addition Ruba Amer
- MESSER and CVC FUND VII Acquire Assets in the Americas From LINDE
- Savannah Businesses to Support Kids & Pros, Free Football Camps for Almost 300 Youth Athletes
- New novel created by Rhoda Fegan, author of Elizabeth's Journey
It as important now as it has ever been for the world to have access to the truth and this is done through an open and transparent reporting by the media. Do not sit at home and do nothing or you will have nobody to blame except yourself for assuming that because the only options you have left for news is social media and then being upset when you find out that the news was false and actually reported from some moron in a bathrobe in Alaska in the middle of the night. Go to your social media account and type, #ISupporttheMedia and let us make a demand around the world that we value the importance of the media in a fair and accountable world. Over 80 journalists were killed in 2017.
For more on the worldwide initatives to protect journalists and or a breakdown on journalism around the globe, follow this link to the Committee To Protect Journalists' website https://cpj.org/data/killed/2017/?status=Killed&motiveConfirmed%5B%5D=Confirmed&type%5B%5D=Journalist&end_year=2017&group_by=location
There is also a project to bring more reports from Syria and the Syrian refugees in countries surrounding Syria to the world. It is also a project looking to help some of the refugees in crisis. Follow this link to help support this project. https://www.gofundme.com/helpforSyriansNow
- MetPro Creates Action Plan to Battle Rising Paper Costs
- AGR & Pathfinder Direct Announce Strategic Partnership
- New Badges Introduced Into Girl Scouts Program To Power Girl Leadership In The 21st Century
- Hillside Terrace Sponsors Annual Alzheimer's Charity Golf Outing
- Vibratory sieves for bulk solid materials installed at chemical plant
- Coming in October from All Due Respect: WELCOME TO HOLYHELL by Math Bird
- Digital Media Solutions Acquires Digital Performance Advertising Network W4
- MarketJoy Hosts a Live Webinar in association with AAISP
- Necessary Black: Ceresana Study on the Global Market for Carbon Black
- SEFAR® Architecture LIGHTFRAME® Enhances New York's Moynihan Train Station
- Dentist in Easton Offering Dental Implants and Dentures in the Lehigh Valley
- Solar Innovations Raises $4,500 for Local Non-Profit Organizations
- General Manager, David Gonzalez Joins Independence Title
- Un evento Lectra per costituire un futuro digitale nella produzione di arredamento
- Revolutionary PawPail Pet Waste Station Unveiled at PawPail.com
- Top 10 Superfoods to Help You See at Night
- Fishing Hooks Market – Growing Influenced Proliferation in Anglers
- Trianz Ranks In Coveted Channel Futures' Msp 501 List
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Catholic Hospice as a New Gold Member
- Emergency Dentist Paddington - London W2