Popular on eTradeWire
- Actress & Musician Linda Collins Uses Diverse Entertainment Background to Bring Unique Edge to Roles 1278
- Chelsea Village Selects Corner Property Management for Upscale Residences in Bridgewater Township NJ 1082
- Jason McIntosh--Apartment Association of Metro Denver Executive of the Year Finalist 1020
- ASA Appraisal Courses at Massachusetts College of Art and Design 336
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 314
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 291
- Answers to the top 5 questions about concrete fasteners 211
- Seaside Art Gallery Announces "INspired by the Masters" with Artist Debra Keirce 203
- In BLOOD OF THE FAE by Tom Mohan, Sometimes the Past Is Better Left Unknown… 195
- Speakeasy Art Gallery presents: ezerd - robots! robots! robots! 193
Similar on eTradeWire
- "The Adventures of Samba Rat & Friends in Sherman the Last Dragon" tells a grand tale of magic and friendship
- How to Increase Newspaper Advertising Revenues Very Quickly and Very Substantially
- Rare Closeup Of Dramatic SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch Captured In Breathtaking Plotagraph
- Thinkzilla's expanded services now supporting U.S. Government Organizations and Fortune 500 Companies Nationwide
- EQDerivatives Launches Machine Learning/Alt Data Platform
- Voxmedia LLC awarded ACCME Accreditation with Commendation
- SCOUT Film Festival to Showcase Talent of Young Artists January 4-6, 2019 in Stowe, VT
- YourDictionary Makes SAT Prep Easy with Launch of Alexa Skill
- Chicago Broadcast Network Officially Launches in 2019
- Yes, Virginia, This Valentine's Day Promotion could generate Millions for Media Companies
The importance for the public and governments have to realize that the current war on the media needs to end. The work of reporters, journalists and other members of the media holds a very important place in the world and without the freedom of the press being respected, the public might as well live in a government controlled dictatorship such as North Korea or Syria (and other unnamed countries) have laws and serious consequences restricting the media and what is allowed to be reported to their citizens.
The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, on Friday issued the following statement,
"It is with great grief that we learned of the death of Javier Ortega, Paul Rivas and Efrain Segarra, three employees of El Comercio, one of Ecuador's newspapers. They were murdered while investigating a series of violent attacks against Ecuadorian security forces at the country's northern border. We offer our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and their loved ones."
More on eTradeWire News
- Swift Creek Mill Theatre Introduces Sunday Brunch
- Authenica Founder Craig Lucas '86 Announced as Michael D. Solomon Entrepreneurship Speaker
- Mandy May Cheetham Honored by IndieFEST for Performance in Short Form Comedy MUTHA
- New "Crawford The Cat's Christmas" High Definition Video
- Shelter Hope Pet Shop Responds to the Recent Wildfires
- ACCELERATING THE MARCH TOWARD GENDER JUSTICE An expert discussion hosted by Islamic Relief Worldwide
- American Bridge's Adam Levine Elected to OSEG Board
"Journalists and other media professionals play an essential role in our society. They strengthen our democracies, speak up for the vulnerable and hold governments to account. As a former journalist, this kind of cowardly attack on professionals doing their jobs and serving the public interest hit particularly close to home. Canada stands with Ecuador and Ecuadorians during this difficult time."
As we look to the future, we need to ensure that reporters, journalists and other members of the "real" media are protected. We are seeing too many killed, kidnapped and prosecuted for doing their job around the globe. In some areas such as Syria, major news outlets are restricting what is reported and where their staff travel for the stories. Many news outlets are relying now on unchecked information and videos coming through social media sites from citizen reporters in unsafe regions. It is a corporately safe thing to do when you factor in the number of deaths and other consequences facing those trying to report the real truth and not just what government will allow. But for places such as Canada where the freedom of the press is being placed into question through the courts, it is unacceptable. If the courts can order the identity being released of confidential, so called whistleblowers; the media will suffer a great loss in access to information which is in the public interest. It will also allow for more corruption and misdeeds to go unreported and unpunished. Is the Quebec judge trying to insight fear in potential whistleblowers, and if so. is it under pressure from outside sources or is the justice scared of what can be leaked about his own actions? We may never know.
More on eTradeWire News
- SOS Announces 6039 Reporting Services Available
- Thomas J. Canale Named to Chicago's Notable Financial Advisor List
- TAN Board & Philip Dalidakis meet Australian Ambassador-Designate to Thailand in Melbourne
- Marktech Optoelectronics Announces Worldwide Strategic Partnership with Sensing and Photonics Industry Growth Experts Embassy Global
- Microsoft Teams Includes a Free Phone System! BluIP Completes the Feature-Set!
- TTOHC Welcomes Certified Hypnotherapist Tim Ringenberg
- Wander Media Company Founder Selected as Host for 2018 TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
It as important now as it has ever been for the world to have access to the truth and this is done through an open and transparent reporting by the media. Do not sit at home and do nothing or you will have nobody to blame except yourself for assuming that because the only options you have left for news is social media and then being upset when you find out that the news was false and actually reported from some moron in a bathrobe in Alaska in the middle of the night. Go to your social media account and type, #ISupporttheMedia and let us make a demand around the world that we value the importance of the media in a fair and accountable world. Over 80 journalists were killed in 2017.
For more on the worldwide initatives to protect journalists and or a breakdown on journalism around the globe, follow this link to the Committee To Protect Journalists' website https://cpj.org/data/killed/2017/?status=Killed&motiveConfirmed%5B%5D=Confirmed&type%5B%5D=Journalist&end_year=2017&group_by=location
There is also a project to bring more reports from Syria and the Syrian refugees in countries surrounding Syria to the world. It is also a project looking to help some of the refugees in crisis. Follow this link to help support this project. https://www.gofundme.com/helpforSyriansNow
- New Fluid Power ISO Standards Now Available - December 2018
- Do you want to Hire Expert Network Cabling Installers in Manitoba?
- Innovative Beauty Tech Company, EEVOY, Launches Social Media Appointment Booking App
- Automated Monitoring of HVAC Testing Equipment with Data Loggers
- Lakeville Geothermal Company Offers Tips on Geothermal Installation
- Martial Arts Studio Launches New Website
- Listen to Actor/Author/Fitness Expert Jasson Finney on The Mike Wagner Show on iHeart Radio
- Microcurrent: A promising new treatment for concussions
- The Official Nickel Free Workshop of the North Pole™
- BDE Manufacturing Technologies Invests in Mazak INTEGREX i100 BarTac-S Machine
- Twin Cities Public Adjuster Offers Advice for Filing Insurance Claims
- Martello Named Employees' Choice Awards 2018-19 Winner
- K104's DeDe McGuire is Ready for her Holiday Party and Wants You There!
- Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyer Unveils New Website
- Refereum Partners with MIXMARVEL on their Premier blockchain game, HyperDragons; First blockchain game to use the Refereum Growth Engine
- ezW2 2018 Software Gives Employers A Feature To Print Forms 1099 MISC and 1096 For Contractors
- 651Vinyl.com Adds Santa Sacks to Their Product Line
- Local Doctor Travels to Philippines, Donates Cataract Surgery Services to Hundreds
- McCarthy Completes HISD's Kinder High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Texas Trust Credit Union Gives $5,000 to Toys for Tots