Popular on eTradeWire News
- Rumors circulating of Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc considering AstraZeneca (AZN) bid 429
- New Artists Acquisition for Mack Drama & 1017 Brick Squad Mafia Records 286
- Netflix "Fastest Car" Series Taps Supercar Owner Bryan L. Salamone 277
- Anti-Parasite Formula ParasiFort Removes Parasites In Humans 193
- EmpowHer Institute Partners With B-STEM Project 155
- Gucci Mane receives the 2018 Swisher Spark Award in LA 152
- Local high school string quartet to join touring Beatles vs. Stones show on Charlotte stage 151
- Advanced Core Concepts Announces Partnership with Keystone Synergistic Enterprises 146
- Atlanta Filmmaker Sinatra 'Osm' Onyewuchi Shoots Award-Winning Faith-Based, Short Film for $240.00 133
- 68% Of Data Breaches Take Months Or Longer To Discover 119
Similar on eTradeWire News
- GET CEO, Dain Schult, Talks About Upcoming Joint Venture Projects
- ABS-CBN stars light up "Kapamilya Fiesta World" Paris with 10 memorable moments
- Media companies could do a Very Big Advertising Promotion For National Small Business Week 4/29-5/5
- TheMachinemaker-Antiroll for a Small Race Car
- Upsurge in Pharmaceutical Business, PCD Franchise
- C-BIA Consulting announces partnership with Energy House Digital
- LifeZone TV and Elected Officials to Honor Clergy in The Community with a Free Appreciation Luncheon
- Organ Harvesting Of Falun Gong Practitioners In China
- U.G. Digital Magazine Announces New Issue to Release April 30!
- Small Town Incident Prompts Study into Male Stigma
The importance for the public and governments have to realize that the current war on the media needs to end. The work of reporters, journalists and other members of the media holds a very important place in the world and without the freedom of the press being respected, the public might as well live in a government controlled dictatorship such as North Korea or Syria (and other unnamed countries) have laws and serious consequences restricting the media and what is allowed to be reported to their citizens.
The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, on Friday issued the following statement,
"It is with great grief that we learned of the death of Javier Ortega, Paul Rivas and Efrain Segarra, three employees of El Comercio, one of Ecuador's newspapers. They were murdered while investigating a series of violent attacks against Ecuadorian security forces at the country's northern border. We offer our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and their loved ones."
More on eTradeWire News
- Regina's Newest Members Night Club The Black Arrow Opens
- Trivium Premiers Music Video for 'Endless Night'
- 2000 Children and 100 Youth Leaders Celebrate Global Youth Service Day in Nigeria
- Big Trees Inc. Completed a Privacy Screening Project for a Homeowner in Bothell
- Stonefield Software Releases Stonefield Query For Sage Pro Version 7
- Stonefield Software Releases Stonefield Query for Sage 300 Version 7.0
- CANO State Preschool is a proud partner in Quality Start OC
"Journalists and other media professionals play an essential role in our society. They strengthen our democracies, speak up for the vulnerable and hold governments to account. As a former journalist, this kind of cowardly attack on professionals doing their jobs and serving the public interest hit particularly close to home. Canada stands with Ecuador and Ecuadorians during this difficult time."
As we look to the future, we need to ensure that reporters, journalists and other members of the "real" media are protected. We are seeing too many killed, kidnapped and prosecuted for doing their job around the globe. In some areas such as Syria, major news outlets are restricting what is reported and where their staff travel for the stories. Many news outlets are relying now on unchecked information and videos coming through social media sites from citizen reporters in unsafe regions. It is a corporately safe thing to do when you factor in the number of deaths and other consequences facing those trying to report the real truth and not just what government will allow. But for places such as Canada where the freedom of the press is being placed into question through the courts, it is unacceptable. If the courts can order the identity being released of confidential, so called whistleblowers; the media will suffer a great loss in access to information which is in the public interest. It will also allow for more corruption and misdeeds to go unreported and unpunished. Is the Quebec judge trying to insight fear in potential whistleblowers, and if so. is it under pressure from outside sources or is the justice scared of what can be leaked about his own actions? We may never know.
More on eTradeWire News
- Zonta Douglas County hosts full house for successful 14th Annual Trivia Night fundraiser
- Warranty Consultant LLC Establishes New Office in Casper Wyoming & Adds New Client
- Colorado Lending Source Highlights Social Impact Businesses During National Small Business Week
- Vision Real Estate Partners Acquires 226,317-SF, Class A Office Building in Morris County, N.J
- Oregon Ice Cream Scoops Up AFS for Trade Promotional Management
- Are you looking for a CE medical courses?
- Queer Country West Coast Presents Lavender Country, Paisley Fields and Eli Conley May 18th, 2018
It as important now as it has ever been for the world to have access to the truth and this is done through an open and transparent reporting by the media. Do not sit at home and do nothing or you will have nobody to blame except yourself for assuming that because the only options you have left for news is social media and then being upset when you find out that the news was false and actually reported from some moron in a bathrobe in Alaska in the middle of the night. Go to your social media account and type, #ISupporttheMedia and let us make a demand around the world that we value the importance of the media in a fair and accountable world. Over 80 journalists were killed in 2017.
For more on the worldwide initatives to protect journalists and or a breakdown on journalism around the globe, follow this link to the Committee To Protect Journalists' website https://cpj.org/data/killed/2017/?status=Killed&motiveConfirmed%5B%5D=Confirmed&type%5B%5D=Journalist&end_year=2017&group_by=location
There is also a project to bring more reports from Syria and the Syrian refugees in countries surrounding Syria to the world. It is also a project looking to help some of the refugees in crisis. Follow this link to help support this project. https://www.gofundme.com/helpforSyriansNow
- Elisiontec Announced To Offer Call Center Software with PRI and SIP Support
- BlazeSports America Launches Certified Adaptive Recreation & Sport Specialist Certification
- 2018 Partners for Change Award presented to National Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Commonwealth Motors Sponsors 2nd Annual Student Athlete Banquet
- Cal State LA awarded NSF grant to support students earning degrees in engineering, computer science
- BTC Electronics Offering the New VITA 67 Series
- Saelig Introduces Berkeley Nucleonics 765 Ultra-Fast Rise Time Pulse Generator
- Jim Cotturone Joins Brookfield, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Source1 Purchasing Launches New Website to Meet Evolving Procurement Needs
- BK Adventure Announces Bioluminescent Clear Kayaking in Florida
- Pittsburgh Divorce Attorney Brian C. Vertz Details Complexities of Latest Tax Reforms
- Vista Alegre Wins 2018 Red Dot Design Award
- Women Initiative Foundation First-Ever European Study on Gender Stereotypes in Global Corporations
- Golden Valley Auto Care Shop Celebrates National Car Care Month with Maintenance Tips
- Y&AY - A Channel with an objective to conserve the Indian Culture
- Part 1 of a mostly cobalt blue lifetime collection of RS Prussia to be sold May 26 by Woody Auction
- VS Security Products Offer Data Auditing Software For GDPR Compliance
- "donny; a prelude" by donny diablo #NP on #SC
- Candy Hipple Joins SharedXpertise as Managing Director of HRO Today Advisory Services
- Western Fun For The Whole Family at 62nd Annual Conejo Valley Days