Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 533
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 373
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 366
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 250
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 220
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 196
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 178
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 175
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 161
- Richard Dreitzer Joins Fennemore Craig's Business Litigation Practice 155
Similar on eTradeWire
- Bankruptcy Venue Reform Bill Introduced In U.s. House Of Representatives
- Rosy Palomino, activist and community leader files for City of Miami District 2 Commissioner
- Prominent Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney Announces New Law Firm
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified Dual-Light Rechargeable LED Lanterns
- Walden & Pfannenstiel, LLC : 10 Years of Good Lawyers - Helping Good People - Through Tough Times
- Autumn in Japan's Ashikaga & Tatebayashi Areas
- Arsenal Recon Releases Major Update to Powerful Digital Forensics Tool
- Doc.It Suite Merits CPA Practice Advisor 5-Star Rating
- Registration Open: ACI's 10th Annual New York Economic Sanctions Forum Dec. 10-11 New York City
- OFAC, Global Affairs Canada to speak at Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions in Toronto in TWO WEEKS
"Initially, the Mexican embassy appeared dedicated to stopping the fraudsters," explained group spokesman, Lloyd Robertson. "In September, 2018, they advised us to go to the nearest consulates, but our members were turned away in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver." Group member, Karin Gleissle, said she had contacted the Mexican consulate in Toronto before the embassy became involved, "At first they said they could accept my documentation, but then they changed their mind."
An embassy spokesman apologized and said they needed to draft necessary protocols. Then he said they had to wait for a new ambassador. The group wrote the ambassador in April, with no responce. The spokesman advised the victims could fly to Mexico to lay complaints.
More on eTradeWire News
- Arabel Lebrusan Takes the Sourcing Trip of a Lifetime
- Tenor Saxophonist Lawrence Clark Releases his Sophomore Album Inner Visions Featuring Jeremy Pelt And Duane Eubanks on the European Jazz Tribes Label
- Local HVAC Contractor "Heroes Club" Provides Free Services to Cincinnati Community
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOMEOPATHY supports the HHS Pain Management Best Practices
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
"There is a lawyer who will charge us 12% of the amount scammed to pursue a criminal complaint in Mexico," explained Graham Rignall. "I gave up after being taken advantage by a different lawyer. We should not have to pay to have our criminal complaint investigated."
After being defrauded, Eleanor and Phillip Neigel were told by a Mexican law firm, that the owner of the Grand Miramar resort "wanted to make things right and was buying back all the properties and we would be refunded our money,. They wired the law firm $2,300 (US) in closing costs and later discovered their two credit cards had been charged with another $15,000 in fees.
Robertson said every member of his group, and a larger one in the United States, have received subsequent calls from company officials, lawyers and people claiming to work for the government of Mexico. He said these "secondary scammers" are not necessarily tied to the resort, but that "Crimes have been committed and it will take a criminal investigation to sort out who the guilty are." Geissle was suspicious of embassy's explanations, "In my experience consulate officials initially enthusiastically support us and then do an about face. We also know that the Mexican Federal Police advised we could lay criminal complaints at the embassies. I think someone higher up has decided that such legal protections should not be offered tourists. If that is the case, there needs to be a country to country discussion about it," she concluded
More on eTradeWire News
- Ponos Industries Announces Expiration of its Tender Offer of Common Stock of General Electric Company Without Satisfaction of Tender Conditions
- International Day of Peace – Singing for Peace Flash mob
- First LGBTQ+ Web Series in Oklahoma Welcomes Second Season
- VPI Introduces 4K 18Gbps Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter Cable
- FOURMIDABLE Ranked as a Top Property Management Firm
For more information: https://www.hawkeyeassociates.ca/images/pdf/timeshares/GrandMiramar_Page.pdf
Lloyd Robertson, Regina, Sask.
Karin Gleissle, Kitchner, Ont.
Graham Rignall, Stevensville, Ont
Eleanor and Philip Neigel, Melfort , Sask.
- Welcoming Edmund Cotter to the Ordior Team!
- A 600,000,000 Milestone For Ordior!
- Newark CTE Network Kicks Off School Year
- Eric Ginsburg's Fridge Miami Salutes Baltimore in "Farewell Tour" for Art Week
- The best of Silicon Valley leaders to share knowledge and insights on Timeless Leadership Lessons
- Recording Artist Eileen Carey Returns To Nashville For Two Acoustic Performa
- Oakland International Film Festival Around The World In Eleven Days
- Versatile Haitian American Singer/Songwriter Natalie Jean Releases Collaboration with Inches From Sin
- Ninefifteen Releases New Single "This Time" From 4560 Album
- Mile High H2O Corporation Launching Sales Operations Across the U.S
- PREMIERE: Modern Vices "All You Got" By: Rachel Zyzda
- Talented Filmmaker Receives Gold Medal for Award-Winning Book Titled "I Am More Than My Hair"
- Xlibris Publishing Author Fida Abbott Won the Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for Summer 2019
- Healthcare Industry Veteran Michael Orscheln Joins Executive Team at American Medical Depot
- "Big Shoes" Author, Uses Harriet Tubman's Shoes; Teaches Others To Break Free, And Pursue Dreams
- Nebraska Nite Hawks (WNFC) Offering USA Football's First Down Event to Omaha Kids
- Fiction Ghostwriters: New Career Opportunities for Authors
- Towerdata Integrates Email Validation And Intelligence With Listrak Digital Marketing Platform
- Cadence Living and Ryan Companies Complete Acoya Mesa
- The First Minimalist GMT Dual Time Travel Watches Are Launching on Kickstarter