Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 153
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 152
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 107
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte - 101
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago!
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- Youth Gun Safety Incorporated, A Responsible Way to Keep our Children Safe
Similar on eTradeWire
- Celebrity Halloween Masquerade Bash Hosted by Inspirational Rapper and Public Speaker, J-Rob
- Mike Huckabee, Danny Gokey to Highlight Feb. 9 Covering the World in Christ Celebration
- Scarecrow Fest offers pumpkin-themed activities at Frankenmuth River Place Shops
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer
- RE/MAX Classic REALTOR® Plans FREE Online Event
- Community art collector hosts special evening to support Michigan Philharmonic's 77th season
- The Collection hosts spook-tacular trick-or-treat event
- Andrew Jones' online-only Signature Design for the Home and Garden auction will be held October 9th
- Chicken Salad Chick breaks franchise fundraising record, for Golisano Children's Hospital
- Free Youth Pheasant Hunt at Traxler's Hunting Preserve
California Gold Rush sunken treasure from 'Ship of Gold' that sank in 1857 will be displayed in Reno
"Among the notable, recovered items are the lid to the oldest known Wells Fargo treasure shipment box; 1857 clothing including a pair of the earliest known Gold Rush-era canvas work pants jeans with a button fly that may have been made by Levi Strauss in his early years in business; photographs; jewelry made from California Gold Rush 'mother lode' native gold in quartz as gemstones; and, of course, bottles," said Fred Holabird, president Holabird Western Americana Collections, LLC (HolabirdAmericana.com) of Reno, Nevada.
More on eTradeWire News
- Maxwell "The Night Tour" Featuring Fantasia and Joe Becomes Hurricane Ian Relief Concert in Jacksonville on Sunday, Oct. 2
- Ignite! Conference kicks off its first Annual Conference
- "Third Thursdays" harmolodic jazz series cont. w/Dave Bryant plus Raghuram, Garzone, Rivard & Leake
- NadaMoo! Launches New Bite-Sized Treats
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
"There is even a key to the ship's wine storage room and an S.S. Central America brass name tag attached to a set of keys that belonged to the ship's purser. We believe these were for the locked room where the gold treasure cargo was kept," he explained.
One of the important, recovered jewelry items is a large 18-karat gold quartz engraved brooch that prominent San Francisco businessman Samuel Brannan was sending to his son in Geneva, Switzerland, as a gift to the son's teacher.
"These historic items are a time capsule from the California Gold Rush," Holabird stated. The recovered artifacts will be offered in public auctions in October and November by Holabird Western Americana Collections.
"These incredible artifacts that were in secure storage in three different states are now giving us a glimpse of Gold Rush-era daily life for passengers and crew in the 1850's," said Dwight Manley, Managing Partner of the California Gold Marketing Group of Brea, California, which owns the recovered items.
More on eTradeWire News
- Magna Imperio Systems® Closes on $45M Funding Facility
- Dr. Anderson Now Uses The Laser Gum Disease Treatment At The Anderson Periodontal Wellness Office!
- Bloomfield Hills Dental Group Now Has The Latest Dental Technology, The Laser Frenectomy!
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- The Columbia Center For Implants & Periodontics Are Now Using The Intraoral Digital Scanner!
Some 19th-century photographs were also recovered. One daguerreotype metal plate photograph of an unidentified young woman was nicknamed, "Mona Lisa of the Deep," by the scientific mission recovery team that retrieved the mysterious photo from the seabed where it was discovered in a scattered pile of the ship's coal.
To learn more, visit www.HolabirdAmericana.com,
- UpStart Commerce welcomes James Urbati as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Dog Gurus to Present at the Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo in Pennsylvania
- 9th Annual Demand Response & Distributed Energy Resources Forum Coming to San Diego
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford opens new Memory Care Unit
- Top Benefits of Home Security!
- Mountain Air Cardio Is Proud to Announce Their Contribution to the Fast Talk Podcast–Check out the Episode on Altitude Tents Today!
- Children's author C. Ariane Durden to hold book signing at Nubian Bookstore
- Learn Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Poly Mailers on EcoEnclose's Ultimate Guide
- Unique Gift Ideas for Pets This Holiday Season
- Check out the Ultimate Guide to Peninsula Desks on the McDowell-Craig Website!
- Does Roadside Assistance Impact Your Auto Insurance Premium?
- ARISE Foundation Adds to its Digital Library "20 Tips for Dealing with Depression"
- Remodelers Outstanding Construction Winners Announced
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- Video based professional network and Tik-Tok for jobs Rebelliuz launches its app after 10000 users
- Pet Professional Guild Announces 2023 Summit, Invites Proposals for Academic Sessions and Skill Labs
- WPS Delivers State-of-the-Art Sound System to Rutgers University SHI Stadium
- Managecore Named as "The Best SAP Solution Provider" for 2022 by Enterprise World Magazine
- Nigerian Oil and Gas Billionaire, High Chief Emeka Agbanari, Chairman of Seaman Group Receives Global Leadership Award
- "Emi the Giant" new children's book from Otto Keller released