Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 407
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 159
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 153
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 137
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 114
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 113
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- IFLM Special Shareholders Meeting - Early Notice
- The Continuing Adventures of the USS Batfish
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Urban Pathways 6-12 Charter School seniors offered $442,984 in scholarships
- Learn More About Us - Our Story
- Learn More About ABA Services at Our School
- Score More Funds to Exhibit at the 2019 National PTA Convention and Expo in Columbus Ohio
- 2019 HIM Professional Census Reveals Opportunities in Revenue Cycle
- LDSS Announces Camp Buddy 2019 in Chatham, Effingham
- Safety and Survival--Personal Preparedness Assessment Guide is to be released on June 2019
The grant, from the NIH's Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, will establish the Summer Program of Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Training (SPROUT) at Cal State LA to offer firsthand research experience to students, along with a paid stipend for the summer.
"We are super excited to receive this funding because it will allow promising students the opportunity to focus their efforts on research," said Ray de Leon, who is one of the grant's principal investigators and director of the School of Kinesiology and Nutritional Science at Cal State LA. "We know our students want to do research, but a lot of them can't because they have jobs or other commitments."
Coordinated by de Leon and co-principal investigator Kimberly Morland, SPROUT will be housed in the university's Rongxiang Xu College of Health and Human Services.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tuesday Night Comics at North Coast Rep
- Ideation at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Springfield Jazz and Roots Festival Set to Draw Thousands to Downtown Springfield on August 10
- Glutamate Dehydrogenase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Fluorometric) K185
- EZClick™ Myristoylated Protein Assay Kit, Red Fluorescence
Through a 15-week summer intensive training program, undergraduate students will gain expertise and develop research skills in behavioral and biomedical sciences, including the areas of rehabilitation and child development.
Participants will learn about graduate programs and careers in research. They will also attend workshops on scientific writing, analytical techniques, data management and data presentation. SPROUT scholars will work with professors engaged in a wide range of research.
"One SPROUT scholar may be doing research focused on helping toddlers with language disorders, while another may be researching health disparities in immigrant populations," de Leon said. "Others may be using biological assays to study exercise in humans or animal models of spinal cord injury."
For more information on the summer program or its application process, please go to the Cal State LA SPROUT's webpage (http://www.calstatela.edu/hhs/kns/sprout).
Photo: Cal State LA students providing exercise therapy to clients from the community while conducting research on biomedical rehabilitation.
Cal State LA
- Aramsco Acquires Wolf Cleaning Equipment and Supply
- Thinkware launches its first sport dash cam
- Handel Birds of Paradise lamps, rare Pequegnat clocks do well in Miller & Miller's June 8th auction
- Diamond Bridal Gallery Celebrates Success Offering Custom Made Wedding Dresses
- Samsung Named Presenting Sponsor for the 2019 Denver Parade of Homes
- Local Part-Time Jobs: New App Seeks To Democratize Part-Time Employment
- Extraordinarily High Wages For Cannabis Workers In SVG From Foreign Investor – Cannavais
- Reality TV Star's Husband, Dallas Fire Department and Operation Kindness Save Kitten
- North Texas' Expansion Club FF Premier is Promoted to UPSL Division II in First Year
- David Buys Houses Florida - "We Buy Houses Orlando!" Any Situation, Any Condition, Cash
- Consignment POS Software - New feature to print discounts on price tag
- David Buys Houses Florida: Knowledgeable Foreclosure Professional Provide Solutions For Orlando
- Jonjo Elliott: Glass Half Full Solo Show at Artplex Gallery
- California Cybersecurity Services Company Novacoast Announces New Focus in Europe
- Newbury College Closed - Everything Must Be Sold
- Junior Achievement to host Bowl-A-Thon on Aug. 21 at HeadPinz
- VoiceNation launches new website for improved UX and streamlined ordering
- The Continuing Adventures of the USS Batfish
- Kintetsu International Holds Milestone Anniversary of their Annual KIE Travel Showcase!
- Quick move-in homes available in vibrant community