Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 189
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 179
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 165
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 157
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 156
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 126
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 126
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 105
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Federal government shutdown postpones World Children's Festival on The National Mall
- Healthcare MBA Charts New Path for Professionals
- Thiel College physics professor chosen for NetVUE conference on student engagement with vocation
- Check Point and Cympire Execute Cyber Training Agreement
- CME Symposium- Managing LDL-C with PCSK9 Inhibitors: Identifying the Patients, Optimizing the Outcomes
- CME Symposium- Reducing LDL-C and Cardiovascular Risk with Nonstatin Therapy: From Evidence to Practice
- A Day Without Educators Within OUSD
- BrainWare Learning Company Teams with LiteracyPlanet
- Wisconsin Superintendent of the Year Joins Studer Education
- Innocent Lives Foundation hires Shane McCombs as COO and adds Robin Dreeke, former head of FBI Behavioral Analysis Program, to Board of Directors
The grant, from the NIH's Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, will establish the Summer Program of Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Training (SPROUT) at Cal State LA to offer firsthand research experience to students, along with a paid stipend for the summer.
"We are super excited to receive this funding because it will allow promising students the opportunity to focus their efforts on research," said Ray de Leon, who is one of the grant's principal investigators and director of the School of Kinesiology and Nutritional Science at Cal State LA. "We know our students want to do research, but a lot of them can't because they have jobs or other commitments."
Coordinated by de Leon and co-principal investigator Kimberly Morland, SPROUT will be housed in the university's Rongxiang Xu College of Health and Human Services.
More on eTradeWire News
- Emerald Brand Announces the Formation of the Emerald Eco-Squad™
- 6 Things to Avoid When Remodeling Your Home
- Redcat Racing Gen8 Hop Up Parts Released
- IPRP is the State of Indiana's newly-contracted monitoring program for healthcare professionals
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Gains New Sales Associates
- Actor Keith Arthur Bolden lands recurring role in BET's series "American Soul"
- Tours of Tuscany By a Local Who Grew Up There
Through a 15-week summer intensive training program, undergraduate students will gain expertise and develop research skills in behavioral and biomedical sciences, including the areas of rehabilitation and child development.
Participants will learn about graduate programs and careers in research. They will also attend workshops on scientific writing, analytical techniques, data management and data presentation. SPROUT scholars will work with professors engaged in a wide range of research.
"One SPROUT scholar may be doing research focused on helping toddlers with language disorders, while another may be researching health disparities in immigrant populations," de Leon said. "Others may be using biological assays to study exercise in humans or animal models of spinal cord injury."
For more information on the summer program or its application process, please go to the Cal State LA SPROUT's webpage (http://www.calstatela.edu/hhs/kns/sprout).
Photo: Cal State LA students providing exercise therapy to clients from the community while conducting research on biomedical rehabilitation.
Cal State LA
- Enter To Win A Fully Restored 1961 Corvette Convertible and a 2019 Corvette ZR1!
- Conroe Growth to Attract Job Seekers From Around Region to 7th Annual Job Fair
- Allied Wallet Taps into $16 Trillion Market
- 2019 Predictions for Turkey's Property Market and Foreign House Buyers
- Scott Stevens Offers Thriller Ebook For Free!
- Dallas Lifestyle Influencer Recommends New Amazon Influencer Program
- Mobil Steel Achieves AISC Quality Fabrication Standard for 13th Consecutive Year
- St. Eval Candle Company Installs BPA Platform to Integrate Shopify with SAP Business One
- NEW KOMPLEMENTS from Ambiance Bain
- Features of American Airlines Manage Booking-Ysupportnumber
- Sons and Daughters of Italy: The Fashions and Faces of the Regions of Italy
- Kelly Strauss Named Virginia Auctioneer of the Year
- Nelson Creek Outdoors announce its release of Lucky 7 Synthethescent Preorbital Licking Branch GEL
- ChiXi Consultants – What to Watch in the Markets – US Consumer Outlook
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Travel Alerts and Warnings
- Pricing Strategy Advisor Certification Malcolm Shepherd
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Midwest Expansion with Cedar Rapids Inferno SC
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist Certification Malcolm Shepherd
- TriBic Software Announces Beta Release of Box Office Ticketing Solution
- Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC Pledges to donate toward those affected by the government shutdown