Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 180
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 164
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 115
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 109
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 103
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 103
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
Similar on eTradeWire
- Roll design can help with eliminating web handling wrinkles
- Introducing the OdaLog G20 Hydrogen Sulfide Data Logger
- Coburn-Myers Fastening Systems Announces the Company's latest exciting event regarding its 40th year in Business Celebration
- New Feature Update to the T&D Thermo App
- New Delphin LoggitoLab Compact Data Acquisition System
- AUSA 2021: CP North America Showcases Combat Proven Solutions for Military, Industrial and Commercial Applications
- Monitoring Water Quality Using A Cellular Data Logger
- New ReXgen 2 IMU Vehicle & Flight Recorder From Influx
- Sortation conveyors ensure wrappers keep pace with product flow
- MentorAPM Announces Partnership with Australian firm UNGANCO
Cadi Company Inc. Announces New and Updated Information with Regard to the Difference Between the Class 2 Electrode Materials C18200 and C18150
Company officials note that copper alloys with approximately 1% chromium is considered the standard with regard to spot welding electrode material. This has been a standard dating all the way back to the earlier part of the 20th century and has been used since the 1930s, especially about the manufacturing of automobiles. Equally important to note is that chromium when added to copper results in improved hardening by heat treating. Company officials also note that most copper alloys are typically hardened by work hardening only. A very minimal amount of Chromium, indeed less than 0.4 Wt.% is introduced into the copper crystalline microstructure as extremely fine nano-sized particles. This results in the retarding and limiting of slippage in the microstructure. In essence increasing the overall strength and hardness for the copper. This is sometimes referred to as precipitation hardening.
More on eTradeWire News
- Stayed Prayed Up LP Release Now Available
- Pazusoft Announces the launch of Apple Music Converter for Windows
- LSI Welcomes James Clark As Lead Controls Engineer
- 64% of Learners Say Accessing Training from a Mobile Device is Essential
- Dr. Joe Dispenza - Is Dr. Joe Dispenza the Kwisatz Haderach?
Also worth noting is that chromium precipitate in copper serves to increase the softening temperature through the process of limiting and decreasing the self-diffusion of copper at elevated temperatures that would normally result in softening via recrystallization. This is typically called softening resistance. During the time period of the 1980's, galvanized steel (zinc coating) became a new standard in the auto industry. It provides for greater corrosion resistance in the manufacturing of automobiles. With the increased application of zinc coated steel, many auto assembly plants experienced spot welding related issues. These were associated with reduced electrode life and electrodes sticking to the work. The industry quickly discovered that CuCr electrode material from Europe performed better as compared to C18200 produced in the US. The only notable difference was the introduction of a very small amount of zirconium (Zr).
C18150 - What Zirconium does when added to C18200
The zinc of galvanized coating will in effect coat the copper electrodes and alloys with copper. This forms a copper-zinc alloy or brass at the electrode face. The face is now softer and results in accelerated mushrooming in addition to wear of the face of the electrode. The addition of zirconium (Zr) to C18200 extends electrode life when welding galvanized steel by interfering with the alloying of zinc with the copper electrode face. Zirconium is known to improve creep strength of C18200 at higher temperatures. C18150 is specified for use in many higher temperature applications beyond the typical resistance welding markets. This. is due to the elevated temperature properties attributed to the addition of Zr.
The company offers the following summary.
More on eTradeWire News
- Summer Water Safety for Children with Blue Haven Pools
- CHBO Announces the development process to build the first smart-Sustainable city in Canada & the US
- Best Life For Dogs: Give Your Pup the Best Life With Premium Dog Products
- Binge Eating Disorder-Discover Ways to Heal with Dr. Gia Marson
- Vehicle Owners across the Country Save $$ By Reducing Pollution - ECOFuelMax
C18200 and C18150 have identical room temperature properties. That is to say hardness, electrical conductivity, tensile strength, and elongation. They are both considered suitable as RWMA Class 2 electrode materials as outlined by AWS J1.3/J1.3M:2020
1. C18150 - specified for welding of coated materials (improving electrode life)
2. C18150 - specified for nuclear and particle physics application type components (ITER, tokamak, synchrotron light energy reactors)
3. C18150 – specified for aerospace applications (rocket engine components)
4. C18150 / C18200 - specified for use in generation of electric power as well as for rotor bars, end rings, and motor commutators
5. C18150 / C18200 may be specified for electric connectors and contact applications
6. C18150 and C18200 - specified as heat flux materials with several applications including casting molds for a variety of metals
This recent announcement by Cadi Company with regard to new and updated information in reference to the difference between the class 2 electrode materials C18200 and C18150 is just one more key indicator that Cadi continues to stay on the cutting-edge of the latest and most state-of-the-art technology and processes as it relates to the copper alloy industry.
About Cadi Company Inc.
Cadi Company Inc. is a company that offers the latest in the manufacturing and the distribution of copper alloys. Cadi is a family owned and operated business with over four decades of experience in the industry. The company deals in copper metal alloys and resistance welding products ranging from electrodes as well as cylinder mounted components and a wide array of other associated products and services. Boasting safety, quality and experience as the core values of the company, Cadi is considered an expert in the field and continues to impress both existing and new customers year after year. Located in Naugatuck CT, the operation is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services in the industry and is recognized nationally and worldwide.
- Crypto-Miners are Turning to the OUS Power Generation Platform for Electric Supply
- Information Asset Names Sanjeev Varma as Chief Executive Officer
- Kathryn Williams Signs With CelebrityPress® To Co-Author "Cracking the Success Code Vol 2"
- Ford Honors Preh at 23rd Annual World Excellence Awards
- Self-employed taxpayers can use estimated tax payments to help with annual tax debt
- Muse Beauty Pro Holiday Promotion
- HelpSystems Acquires PhishLabs to Continue Expansion of Cybersecurity Portfolio
- Two Steps from Nada: A Complex Transition
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Promotes Steve Jobs' Key Skills For Enhanced Career Success
- Free Webinar on How to Prepare for the Next Disruptive Technology
- World Auction Gallery's Important Estate Auction, November 7, has 700 lots in an array of categories
- Anduin To Sponsor 2021 Winning Ways Conference
- THINKWARE Announces Halloween Day Dash Cam Discounts
- Meditation Teacher Kadeem One Discusses the Importance of Wellness in the Workplace
- All-In-One Versatility Makes NESCO Smart Canner & Cooker the Ultimate Kitchen Appliance
- New Partnership Seeks to End Teen Roadway Fatalities
- "Charlotte's Story" Introduces Modern Insights to Nineteenth Century Literature
- Fathom will Change the Way Children Read, Learn, and Collaborate
- Tips to Help Struggling Learners
- Goldstein, Buckley, Cechman, Rice & Purtz, P.A. collects toys for Toys for Tots