Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 226
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 187
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 175
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 161
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 157
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 155
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 138
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 133
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- 15 BYD Buses Hit the Road in Norway
- TSVC Ltd Offers The Safest Way To Transport Luxury Cars
- Frederick County TransIT adds More BYD Buses to its Fleet
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- CLN Solutions Opens South Boston Warehousing Facility
- Delivery Drivers Offered Self-Paying Credit Card
- Ideanomics Announces Delivery Completion of Multiple EV Sales Orders
- Ideanomics MEG Announces Completion of Tianjin Zhongcheng Order
- STG Logistics reports record import air freight handling in Compton, California
BYD Institutes Stringent Safety Protocols as it Reopens Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Plant in Cali
As it reopens, BYD will continue to follow guidelines for safe operations set by California, Los Angeles County, and the City of Lancaster while ramping up production of all-electric transit buses and motor coaches that meet stringent Buy America standards.
"The health and safety of our employees and our community is our top priority," said Stella Li, BYD North America President. "The systems we have implemented here will serve to protect our workers and the citizens of our entire community."
As it reopens, BYD is focused on the safety of its workforce, many of whom are members of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation (SMART) Union, Local 105. The company's Human Resources team has adopted an innovative multi-point safety protocol, which includes:
- Social Distancing, including markings at all crowd gathering places to facilities social distancing.
- Screening and Monitoring, including non-contact body temperature scanning before anyone can enter the plant.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hospital Memoir Both Hilarious And Poignant
- Inspiring Book is Tool of Hope for Those Affected by Addictions
- "The Story of A Cockney Kid" by R. S. Lawrence is published by Grosvenor House Publishing
- Courtney Chicvak Selected to Present at the IACM 33rd Annual Conference
- Kristin Oberholtzer Named Chief Operating Officer of Advantage+
- Disinfection and Sanitation, including regular sanitation of all common areas and touch-prone areas and promoting the use of sanitizers.
- Prevention and Awareness, including providing and requiring the use of Personal Protection Equipment such as masks and gloves for all employees, and promoting safety awareness through training, posters, and memos.
- Promoting safety practices at home for workers, such as Sanitizing personal vehicles, avoiding gatherings, and frequent and vigorous hand washing.
BYD has divided its production workforce into shifts, has limited capacity in break areas, and has social distancing markings in gathering spots, including at entry points into the factory.
Although its manufacturing operation was paused, BYD continued to serve Lancaster, Los Angeles County, and its customers through the donations of Personal Protection Equipment to fight the spread of COVID-19. BYD has donated over $1 million worth of PPE items including masks and sanitizers.
The Official Sponsor of Mother Nature™, BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, is the world's leading electric vehicle company with proven innovative technology for cars, buses, trucks, forklifts, and rail systems – like SkyRail. BYD is dedicated to creating a truly zero-emission ecosystem offering technology for solar electricity generation, energy storage to save that electricity, and battery-electric vehicles powered by that clean energy. BYD has 220,000 employees across the globe, including nearly 1,000 in North America. For more information, please visit www.BYD.com (http://www.byd.com/) or follow BYD on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/byd-north-america/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/BYDCompany), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BYDUSA/) and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbvBVwHTPuqFr...).
More on eTradeWire News
- Robert Feest Insurance Agency a 2020 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Choice Award Winner
- 50% Off Weight Loss Program in July
- Allison Quartuccio and Denali Realty Group Win 2020 Top Choice Awards
- Reasons to Trust Our Experts and Avoid DIY
- TVS Nostalgia Network.Com Adds 100 More Classic TV Shows to the Free Streaming Post Cable Network
Jim Skeen/media relations specialist
- BIOSHIELD29TM Is the First Flexible, Adhesive Surface Made of Copper to Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungus on Any Surface
- Govinda's Natural Foods restaurant in Tucson, Arizona overcomes adversity, reopens for indoor dining
- Green Revolution's Fruit Chews Win Best Solid Edible at the 2020 Sun Cup
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- Income Changes While Receiving a Health Insurance Subsidy
- Pod Clubhouse Launches Podcast, Decorating The Set: From Hollywood To Your Home, With Beth Kushnick
- Brooklyn Borough President Awards Citation To James 'Jay" Hill
- Urban League WIC Programs Vital Resources For Enjoying Southern Nevada Summer In Safe, Fun Ways
- Fishman & Associates - Designing the Food and Beverage Areas for the new Sheraton Hotel in Bradenton
- Minorityfinance.com Facilitates PPP Business Financing for Black Law Firm
- Calling All Media Companies: Hurry! This Halloween Promotion could make Millions for Media Companies
- Learn How to Maneuver the IRS Rules for a Real Estate Professional
- To Us Below debut "Fear Connected" Music Video
- WEARABLE WIDGETS TECHNOLOGIES CORP. Presents Widgets Making Tracking Health and Fitness Data Easier
- Kentucky REALTORS® Confidence Continues To Rise
- Facing New Pressure, "REDSKINS" Likely to Change "Racist" Name
- Physicians Working Together | 5 Years and Counting
- I AM Empowerment Movement -the State of Black Women Roundtable
- Brighton Publishing releases "Heir to the Throne III" from author Gregg Brown
- TVS Sports Network.Com Adds 100 More Classic Sports Shows For Summer Holiday TV Watching