Popular on eTradeWire
- Rugby ATL Season Suspended for 30 Days
- Renal Care Options Response to the Covid-19 Outbreak
- "Strange Bedfellows: Fun with Etymology" - Etymology Book Offers Fun Puns & Plays on Words
- DMS Provides Industry Leaders With Clearer Understanding Of Compliance Regulations
- BeRex now offers RF Frontend ICs for IoT Range Extenders
- BYOB Revolt Launches Professional Development Community
- Reddcoin is supported by ForgingBlock Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway and with Promotions to "ReddHead" Community
- Nevada's Car Seat Replacement Guidelines for Children
- PicoProbe™ Fructose-1,6-Bisphosphate Assay Kit
- Palm Beach Photographic Centre to Present TWO VIEWS OF NEW YORK CITY
Similar on eTradeWire
- AAA City Removalist's Response to COVID-19
- Alpega TMS brings together the expertise of inet and transwide
- Announcing the Spring 2020 Opening of TOKYO mizumachi and SUMIDA RIVER WALK Footbridge, Connecting Tokyo SKYTREE® to Asakusa area sites
- Ideanomics' Announces Pilot Program to Monetize EV Energy Sales
- Lufthansa Airlines Deny Icelander boarding at Heathrow Airport leaving him stranded
- PINC's Matt Yearling named Rock Star of the Supply Chain by Food Logistics magazine
- Walzik Announces Robotic Process Automation Tool for Strategic Movements
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Transit, Trucking Hauling & Delivery Companies Thank You – ECOFuelMax
- BuyParts.Online Commercial Truck Parts Wholesale Parts Online Store is Born
The award specifically recognized BYD's "Home from Home" design concept, which is the result of careful consideration of the future of vehicle electrification, placing it into the context of a true passenger experience. Interior and exterior treatments come together to produce a vehicle which delivers on functionality and emotion, and, crucially for the iF Design Award judges, one that bears witness to an imaginative design evoking a very real sense of welcome, delight, and inspiration.
The journey towards BYD's eBus design was the result of the globally-renowned Vision in Product (or ViP) design ethos; the culmination of a long-term, multi-layered working process. BYD's design team immersed itself in design exhibitions, inspirational presentations, and by working closely with design experts outside of vehicle manufacturing in order to assemble the fundamental Home from Home building blocks.
"I am absolutely thrilled for our design team," said BYD Europe Managing Director Isbrand Ho. "Few people realize the constraints that exist in designing a passenger carrying vehicle. Functionality is paramount and safety is the prime concern. The iF Design Awards expert judges fully appreciated the efforts our designers made in creating a Home from Home experience built into a stunningly attractive vehicle design; one that delivers a striking on-road presence and a safe, comfortable, and calming environment for passengers."
More on eTradeWire News
- #rainbowsforheroes Initiative Recognizes our Heroes on the Frontline
- Free Corporate Training Online
- 5 Reasons to Make Your Website SEO Friendly
- Expert Network Helps Businesses Protect Employees & Customers
- Tampa Bay Times names Achieva Credit Union a "Top Workplace"
Judges deliberated on a range of design criteria, including innovation and elaboration, aesthetics, functionality, responsibility, and positioning.
From a technology perspective the digital mirror and the new dashboard display are safer and future-proof. A lightweight body structure, battery management system, and new CO2 air conditioning lower the energy consumption.
The iF Design Awards included 7,300 participants from 56 countries entered in a variety of categories. BYD will be honored at the iF Design Awards ceremony in May.
The 40-foot eBus is the bestselling battery-electric transit bus in Europe.
The Official Sponsor of Mother Nature™, BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, is the world's leading electric vehicle company with proven innovative technology for cars, buses, trucks, forklifts, and rail systems – like SkyRail. BYD is dedicated to creating a truly zero-emission ecosystem offering technology for solar electricity generation, energy storage to save that electricity, and battery electric vehicles powered by that clean energy. BYD has 220,000 employees across the globe, including nearly 1,000 in North America. For more information, please visit www.BYD.com or follow BYD on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/byd-north-america/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/BYDCompany), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BYDUSA/) and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbvBVwHTPuqFr...).
More on eTradeWire News
- 'Easter Bunny' surprises IntegraCare team at senior living communities
- Q1 2020 | Houston Office | Research & Forecast Report
- Danzi's Grande Sonate - Sheet Music for Piano and Clarinet
- Orange County Business Journal Ranks Snell & Wilmer Eighth Largest Law Firm in Orange County
- CIMdata's Dr. Ken Versprille to Participate in an upcoming Webinar on Export Control and ITAR
Jim Skeen/media relations specialist
- Holladay brokerage team closes new lease at Mercy Medical Arts
- Abingdon Health key partner in consortium to develop UK COVID-19 Antibody Test
- New book about Burmese pythons spotlights Conservancy of SWFL efforts to save Florida's ecosystem
- DSLD Homes Offers Virtual Tours of New Homes in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- How To Make Your Holidays more Eco-Friendly
- APS Provides TPEs for Essential Medical Applications During COVID -19 Pandemic
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria Collier Ponders Deeper Meaning Of Pandemic
- Elevated Resources Identified as Value Leader for Nimble and Turn-key Personas in Spend Matters' Temp Staffing Solution Map
- Key Tips on Keeping up with Component Supply by GD Rectifiers
- FPSPI-UMASS Amherst Strengthens Collaboration Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Learn here how to use Future Flight Credit on United Airlines
- RT20: OPAL-RT's 12th Annual Conference on Real-Time Simulation is going virtual
- HOME ON THE ROAD, A Documentary about Musicians and Success
- inookta teams up with international artists to launch Soundscapes, a new mobile app to reconnect with nature
- Eddie Star Launches "The College of Rock-n-Roll Knowledge"
- Jenny Bienemann's "Virtu-Haiku Milieu" Concert on Zoom on April 24, 2020
- Skin Southwest – passionate about perfection in facial aesthetics
- Newly Published Visiongain Report: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Drugs in Development Market Forecast
- Dubel and Mesich named Thiel College Students of the Month
- Thiel College Admissions Office announces virtual visits and waiving test scores for applicants