Popular on eTradeWire
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- IOTAP (Work 365) Announces the Completion of SOC2 Type 2 Certification
- Now, The Ultimate Gut Course, to "Decolonize"
- Global Women Transformation Summit Speakers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Countdown to 2023: Luminary Software Ready for the Next Phase of Digital Marketing
- NOYNIM IT Solutions Is Proud to Provide Co-Managed IT Services to SMBs
- PrepSeek.com Search engine has launched today in the USA to rival Google
- Mission Cloud Services Awarded 2022 Regional and Global AWS Partner Award
- Helping The Education Sector Obtain Better Value
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- Mission Cloud Announces the Launch of Mission Control, a First of Its Kind Cloud Services Platform
- Receivables Performance Management Data Breach: Murphy Law Firm Investigates Legal Claims
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- 3D HoloGroup Incorporates I-SAID™ Technology
Lewis Kedwards, aged 12 from Kitts Green, is struggling to walk due to terrible pains in his legs and couldn't manage the 25-minute walk to school or the trips between lessons during the day.
After hearing about his plight, Tamworth charity, Help Us Help Others, offered to buy Lewis a proper wheelchair that he can use to get himself around.
The charity's coffers have received an £11,000 boost thanks to businessmen Darren Lake and his son, Jamie Lake, of Pure Cloud Solutions, who decided to take on the daring fundraising challenge of climbing the Matterhorn, one of Europe's highest summits. They were joined in their quest by fellow business owner, Kyle Raffo, of Embello.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jordann Dwayne Announces 2 More Projects in December 2022!
- Build a Defi Staking Platform With PerfectionGeeks Technologies
- Stacy Rose stars in Apple TV+ series Season 2 "Little America"
- Second Amendment Lawyer Lynne Torgerson obtains success in NIC's appeal
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Shares His Tips For Creating Quality Content For Social Media
Thanks to the donation of the MobiQuip all-terrain, lightweight, self-propelled G-Explorer wheelchair, Lewis has been able to start his phased return to school at Tudor Grange Academy in Kingshurst, Solihull, and is happy to be able to see his friends again.
His mum, Sam, said: "Because of the treatment Lewis is on, he's been suffering a lot of pain in his legs and can't walk very far. I don't drive and it's a 25-minute walk to school. Even if I could get him there, he needed a wheelchair for getting around during the day. Someone recommended Help Us Help Others and they delivered a brand-new wheelchair. It's been a real godsend.
"He's finally been able to start easing himself back into school and is so pleased to see his friends again. We're really grateful to Help Us Help Others for their support, it's made a huge difference to Lewis's daily life."
Lewis was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia in June this year when he was 11 years old.
More on eTradeWire News
- Porcine Thrombin (Highly Pure)
- Frog focused artist Rainylune is Attic Salt's Artist of the Month
- Christmas Light Installation in Houston Texas
- David Steinfeld named to 2023 U.S. News Best Lawyers in America list
- 55 Ways to Make Extra Money in 2023
https://help-us-help-others.org/ was founded in 2016 by Tamworth businessman Darren Lake to support people who struggle to get help elsewhere. This includes people with disabilities, life-limiting illnesses, medical conditions, equipment needs and those who are facing any sort of financial or social crisis.
Jamie, a Help Us Help Others trustee, said: "The Matterhorn was our biggest fundraising challenge to date and we'd like to thank everyone who helped us raise so much money, including family, friends and clients.
"Lewis is one of the first to benefit from those donations. When we heard about the tough time he was having, we just knew we had to help him and his family. It's great to hear the wheelchair is already making a big difference to Lewis's life because that's what this charity is all about."
Professional Copy Creation
- How to Write a Business Plan: Simple Tips for Running a Successful Business
- MESSIAH - Coming to Ontario California!
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
- Facebook Ads for Beginning Advertisers? Nope. Here's Why
- Promised Land. The trailer won a global award
- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Tracking Testers for Radars & Communications Systems
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
- Used Blue 2020 Ford Escape for Sale!
- Colorado-Based, Culture-Driven E-Commerce Business Expands to Ohio
- NY Times joins Jazz for Peace Ron Paul, Roger Waters Noam Chomsky & more in call to release Assange!
- Global Learning Charter Public School Announces Rachel Lambauer as 504 Coordinator
- Daugherty Named The Nation's Best and Brightest In Wellness & Best and Brightest Companies
- Erin Bode Joins St. Louis Christmas Carols Association for 12/8 Holiday Concert
- Valerie's House Founder Appears on National Television