Popular on eTradeWire News
- My Size, Inc. has potential takeover from Alibaba Group 1669
- Seasoned Music Executive Mike Neely Bridges the Gap Between Music & Education 399
- ATEN to Offer HDBaseT Certification Training During Almo 2018 E4 AV Tour 182
- Michael W. Smith Leads "Just As I Am" During Rev. Billy Graham Capitol Service Today 117
- United Premier Soccer League Announces OKC 1889 as New Central Conference Expansion Team 112
- Indie Rapper Hot Dizzy Continues to Spread Energetic Vibes in Music Zone 102
- UP Board exams 2018: Class 10 Science paper and Class 12 Physics paper cancelled due to paper leak
- 2017 Bram Stoker Awards® Winners
- Harbor Associates Expands Suburban Office Portfolio with Thousand Oaks and Valencia Buys for $56 MM
- Jonas Caino Obodoefuna Becomes a Nigerian Igbo Life Peer in the Ancient "Nze na Ozo" Institution
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Summer Dyslexia Camp in Santa Barbara
- Strategic Plan Focus Group to Conduct Last Planning Session on March 26
- STEM Learning Ecosystems Accepting Applications to Improve Community-based STEM Education
- Lilly Foundation and CIC support Thiel College's efforts to grow campus connections
- Thiel College among elite group to participate in Diversity, Civility, and Liberal Arts Institute
- Jump$tart Coalition to Honor Washington Affiliate as State Coalition of the Year
- Funding the Future Adds Rock-n-Roll to Financial Literacy Earns Jump$tart Coalition Innovation Award
- Boarding school benefits to children shared by Swiss International School
- Columbia University and Citi Announce Expansion of Center for Veteran Transition and Integration
- Safe & Secure Self Storage Announces Major Discounts for Teachers, Students and Family
Wise Foundation Scholarship Burn Survivor Recipient Graduates
From Survivor to Success Story
[Tulsa, Oklahoma, March 12, 2018] - "When the Change Challenge was initiated, it was developed with the end-goal of transforming a survivor's life," says Dustin Wise, Founder of the Wise Foundation and burn survivor himself. The Community Care College family partnered with the Wise Foundation to potentially change a survivor's life. One burn survivor would be selected for 2016 Change Challenge Initiative Scholarship and to change the life for a survivor.
The program is open to students nationwide with Camilyn Tucker being awarded in the scholarship in May of 2016 and graduating from Community Care College in December of 2017.
With the scholarship being available nationally, the odds can be daunting and the application complex. While it can be overwhelming, Tucker is an advocate for this extraordinary program. "I would tell my friends they need to apply. It will them the courage to apply for other things...It's just putting yourself out there & if you get it, your whole life is going to change."
More on eTradeWire News
- And The Winner Is.... Altima VS Maxima
- L.A. Wolves FC Announces Felipe Bernal as New Head Coach for 2018 Season
- Gold Award Winner - DUNECRAFT - Sparkly Slime
- PERFORMA Launches Extended WWE Shaker Bottle Line
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire Celebrates 5 Years with Ribbon Cutting at New Riversid
- Summer Dyslexia Camp in Santa Barbara
- Navy Corpsman US Navy Challenge Coin Released Today!
At Community Care College, Tucker found a place not only to learn but to grow as a person as well. "The connections I have made have just been amazing. You get to know [the instructors] and they give you their full attention. They are so invested in the well-being and success of their students." You can watch Camilyn Tucker's interview video and learn more about her journey from survivor to graduate and how Community Care College and the Wise Foundation have helped change her life.
Community Care College Community HigherEd is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) college, the mission of CCC, Clary Sage College, and Oklahoma Technical College is to transform lives and contribute to society by providing career-focused higher education opportunities to students to obtain successful employment, develop leadership skills, and serve their communities.
You can watch her inspirational story here https://vimeo.com/208219656
If you would like more information about this topic, please call Lollie Moore at 918-610-0027, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- JPMorgan's big appetite for silver changes silver market
- Catering by George Celebrates 30th Anniversary
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "Legends of The Lost Tribes" Books 1 & 2 By Author Kitty Lewis
- Keystroke Now Exclusive Worldwide Distributor of Stonefield Query for Act!
- The Queens Chamber is bringing a Little Bit of Queens to Albany!
- Queens Day Draws Top Purveyors From Food and Beverage To Albany Tomorrow
- What's Your Return On Investment 4 NEO?
- New Book Reveals True Reason for Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "The Magic Necklace of Al-Andalus: A Novel" In Audiobook Format
- Effect of 2018 Tax Law Changes for You - Volatility Creates Opportunity
- Christian and Church Ethics Starts Tuesday May 15 at 7:00pm!
- Kelley Kronenberg Partner Jeffrey M. Wank Named Vice Chair of Legal Aid Programs in South Florida
- Women business owners to celebrate 30th anniversary of Women's Business Ownership Act
- Learn How to Cast Out Demonic Oppression: School of Deliverance Course Is Coming on April 7, 2018!
- How to make Take Your Dog To Work Day® a success
- Chelsea Building Products Showcases Everlast® Siding and Accessories at the 2018 JLC LIVE Show
- Peacock Automotive Donates Materials from New Brunswick Dealerships to Glynn County Charities
- Award-Winning Country Music Recording Luanne Hunt Artist Signs On With Star 1 Records
- Business as usual is no longer acceptable – world thought leader presenting innovative approaches
- Two LEGO Murals Later, Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Wrap Up Twin Cities Auto Show