Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Esteemed Literary Anthology Series Features the Joys of Travel
- New Release: 'God's First Pick', Written by Johnnie Jackson Emphasizes A Woman's Worth & Purpose
- All the Way Up podcast uses storytelling and meditation to uplift the African American community
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Atlanta Sales Leadership Community Announces Meeting Dates and Topics for 2020
- In Celebration of The 2019 Kennedy Center Honors, Philip Bailey Hosts Special Master Class & Event
- Winterfest coming to Fort Myers Brewing Company Dec. 28
- Media Alert: Councilmember Maria D. Quiñones-Sánchez and UAC President Sharmain Matlock-Turner
- Esports Pitch Fest is coming to Garden Grove, CA In 2020
- VIP Internet Radio's Neil Haley Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary In Radio With Promo Contest
- Kwanzaa Proclamation by City of Pomona
- Shell Point's Fine and Performing Arts Series welcomes 'Sail On: The Beach Boys Tribute'
- Earn to Learn FL announces BNY Mellon Wealth Management as key sponsor for Mentors of IMPACT gala
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
U.S. Rep. Sean Maloney (18th Congressional District, New York) awarded brothers Raymond D'Alessandro and Herbert D'Alessandro replicas of the CAP Congressional Gold Medal. Herbert D'Alessandro's widow, Joan, accepted the medal on his behalf.
"This is the highest civilian honor our country bestows for extraordinary sacrifices and contributions," Maloney said. Civil Air Patrol was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal in 2014 in recognition of its wartime role in protecting the homeland and carrying out other vital domestic missions. "This is part of an effort to recognize fully the members of this generation who made such incredible contributions," he said.
More on eTradeWire News
- Minitad to enter the micromobility market with personal electric vehicle
- Beyond Spots & Dots Wins Three MarCom Awards
- Celebration at North Georgia Angel House
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Honors Colin Wanless at 2019 Luncheon
- HomeAid Care Day with CAI-Georgia at Solomon's Temple
State Assemblyman Kevin Byrne (94th District) issued a New York State Assembly Citation thanking the D'Alessandro's for outstanding service to the community and presented a challenge coin to commemorate the event. Byrne said CAP does "so many great things for our state right now." "I know this means a lot to the people of Putnam County and obviously to our honorees," he said.
State Sen. Sue Serino (41st District) issued State Senate Proclamations honoring the brothers for their Civil Air Patrol service and for exhibiting patriotism at home and abroad. Serino's district office coordinator, Jackie Annabi, made the presentations on the senator's behalf.
The D'Alessandro's, originally from the Bronx, joined Civil Air Patrol in 1944, becoming cadet members of the Bronx Squadron, Greater New York Cadet Training Group. Herbert enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1946, serving as an engineer. Raymond enlisted in 1948 and saw combat in Korea in 1951.
During World War II over 200,000 men, women and teenagers participated in Civil Air Patrol, providing such services as coastal patrol operations off the Atlantic and Gulf coasts to guard against German U-boats, airborne border patrols, disaster relief, emergency transport, search and rescue missions and orientation flights for future pilots. Sixty-five volunteers lost their lives on active CAP service during the war, with 150 aircraft lost.
More on eTradeWire News
- Upcoming Sculptural Exhibit at the Spruill Gallery
- OneGlobe Achieves AWS Public Safety & Disaster Response Competency
- Epiq Partners with Diligen to Launch AI-powered Contract Review and Analytics for Clients in Canada
- Before Spending $15 on Donald Trump Jr's "Triggered" Read Jose Franco's Free E-Book
- Drift to Sleep launches a set of 50 and 100 Pairs of Softies ® Made in USA Ear Plugs NRR 33
Members of the Putnam County Composite Squadron meet 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Fridays at the Paladin Center, 39 Seminary Hill Road in Carmel. For squadron information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/PutnamCountyCompositeSquadron.
Civil Air Patrol, the longtime all-volunteer U.S. Air Force auxiliary, is the newest member of the Air Force's Total Force. In this role, CAP operates a fleet of 560 aircraft, performs about 90 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions as tasked by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center and is credited by the AFRCC with saving an average of 80 lives annually. CAP's 60,000 members also perform homeland security, disaster relief and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state and local agencies. In addition, CAP plays a leading role in aerospace/STEM education, and its members serve as mentors to over 25,000 young people participating in CAP's Cadet Programs. Visit www.GoCivilAirPatrol.com or www.CAP.news for more information.
Major Peter Milano
- Unios' Universal Light Publication reaches global market with third edition
- CULTURE & COCKTAILS Returns with HEY, MADAME PRODUCER Spotlighting Four Local Theatrical Impresari
- How much do you know about Oral Cancer?
- MusicWorks and Old School Square's CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE Concert Series to Present THE BEATLES: Sgt
- Waterside Productions Announces Joie Goodkin's New Book "You Can Do It!"
- Local Choir Sings in the Holiday Season with Annual Christmas Concert
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Local Businesses and Young Professionals Network to Benefit Northeast Florida Nonprofit
- LIGHT THE WAY by TOBE BAER Drops December 12 with Rockwood Music Hall Concert
- Centennial Plumbing offering $650 rebate under new Centennial Furnace Replacement Program
- Procrastination with Kingdom Christmas Lights
- Mark Spain Real Estate to Cross $1 Billion Annual Sales Mark for First Time During Record Sales Year
- Scilligence and Certara Partner to Improve Client's Data Analysis and Visualization
- OnCourse Sales Automation Hits Growth Milestone After Launch
- Take Shape Plastic Surgery Now Offers Total Body HD Liposuction
- SOS International Meditation Center in Lisle Featured on Cover of "Metal Architecture"
- Children's Choir to Sing In Memory of Martin Luther King, Jr
- Eltropy Chosen to Improve Collection Response Rates for UNIFY Financial Credit Union
- Welcome Michelle Moehring to the Wisco Hotel Group
- Daniel Gale Sotheby's International Realty Forms Under 40 Networking Group