Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 277
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 246
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 229
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 214
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 202
- Washing Machine Hoses: Water damage restoration may Happen - 174
- UNice Hair Drops The Best And Biggest Black Friday Deals 2021 - 150
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 139
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 131
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Keith Burns
- Blue Heart Records signs Kathy Murray & The Kilowatts
- Pressman Printing, offset and letterpress, celebrates 31 Years in business
- Nick George, a rising contemporary artist from England, is set to debut his first solo exhibition "The Crossover" on December 10th
- Swing in the new year Gatsby Style
- Damon Batiste of NOLA'S Royal Family of Music In South Africa Making Cultural Tourism Strides Amid Omicron Fears with US Team on His 82nd Visit
- PB PHOTO CENTRE to Present WE ❤️ NY, Visions & Views of Two Great Photographers, Dec 13-Feb 12
- Body Art & Soul Tattoos Opens New Tattoo Apprenticeship Location in Tampa, Florida
- Boca Raton Historical Society Receives Florida Humanities 'American Rescue Plan' COVID Relief Fundin
- Local writer Garry J. Peterson publishes fifth book: "Sharks in the City"
Headlining the auction are two works by celebrated the British Modernist, Henry Moore. Moore, best known as a sculptor, was a skilled draughtsman often working out concepts for his sculptures on paper. Shannon's will offer both a bronze, Mother and Child on Ladderback Rocking Chair (estimated at $400,000-$600,000) and a colored, mixed-media work on paper, titled Rocking Chairs (estimate $100,000-$200,000) related to the series of mother and child sculptures on rocking bases.
More on eTradeWire News
- Romantic Beauty Cosmetics To Launch Diverse New Collection At The Most Competitive Price
- New Film Shines Light on Squaw Valley & Disney's Collab with 1960 Olympics
- New TR75A Thermocouple Temperature Loggers from T&D
- Teaching With Simplicity Expands Resources For Math And English Language Arts Lessons
- Expanded Practice For Sleep Medicine, Pulmonology, And Post Covid Treatment In Haverhill Ma
The bronze, from an edition of 9, was intended to rock back and forth, adding charm and playfulness to the warm subject matter. It was purchased directly from Moore's New York City dealer in 1952. The drawing, created in 1948, illustrates Moore's various approaches to the mother and child theme. Although the work is a study on paper, Moore clearly conceived of his works as volumetric sculptures, drawing shadows and motion into his designs.
A large, 80 inch by 150 inch painting by the Chilean artist Roberto Matta carries a pre-sale estimate of $150,000-$250,000. The untitled painting presents an alternative, futuristic, dreamlike universe with hypersexualized, androgynous humanoid figures typical of his paintings from mid-century. Other highlights in Modern and Contemporary include a monochromatic abstract painting by Russian artist Serge Poliakoff, a bright, expressive watercolor by Paul Jenkins and two works from the estate of Gerome Kamrowski.
Two superb works on paper by Charles Burchfield lead the offerings of 20th century American art. January Sun, measuring an impressive 40 inches by 34 inches, depicts a view in Buffalo outside the artist's home and studio. Burchfield started the composition in 1947 and finished it in 1957. Estimated at $150,000-$250,000 this market-fresh watercolor has been in a private collection for nearly 50 years and is in excellent original condition. From the same collection, another Burchfield, titled Lincoln Avenue at Salem, Main Street, is expected to bring $70,000-$90,000. Dated 1916, the work illustrates a scene from Burchfield's native Ohio during an early period in his career. Loosely associated with the Regionalist artists, Burchfield found inspiration in his immediate surroundings.
More on eTradeWire News
- The Longevity Training Academy Announces New Guided Fasting Group Coaching Program
- Distroller World Donates Neonate Babies to Nonprofit Miracle Babies Santa's Workshop Toy Drive
- Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation Announces Newest Board Member
- 'Hotspotting the Opioid Crisis' Uses AI and the SpectraMedix Platform to Identify Those At-Risk
- My Hidden Crypto Gem: The Defi DAO Fund
To view the full catalog, condition reports and to bid live online, visit www.shannons.com.
- Country By Choice: Premium Country And Rustic Styled Decorations For Your Home
- Mojo Pet Love: Give Your Pets The Love And Care They Deserve
- From Outer Space To The Big Easy: William Shatner Lands At Fan Expo New Orleans, January 7-8, 2022
- Gaviota Products: Give Your Home The Look And Style You Want
- Robinson is unique among high pressure vessel manufacturers
- Center Table Winter Harvest Returns This Christmas Season With Food Drive Event On December 16 & 17 At The Mark Cuban Heroes Basketball Center
- American Heart Association Recognizes Daugherty for 2021 Workplace Health Achievement
- Collegiate medals are the centerpiece of chains of office
- Northern Light 5 is an ideal fit for our vertical game machines
- Membership Program Offers Solution to Marketing Pitfalls
- Dave Young Returns to Budzar Industries!
- The Dock C. Bracy Center for Human Reconciliation Announces 2022 Learning Series Schedule
- Charlotte-area creator of custom hair topper unit receives hair prosthetic vendor approval from Veterans Administration
- Remembering Father Tony Lalli SX
- LadyCakes launches Caring Through Cakes boxed cake drive through Dec. 23
- Celebrate the Season with a Holiday Party at The Kensington
- Interactive Northwest, Inc. Releases Interactive Speech Attendant™ 2.0
- Why Anyone Can Practice Iaido!
- Lunch Inc. Puts Wellness To Work
- CCMC Hearing Care Can Help You Avoid the Holiday Hearing Loss Blues