Popular on eTradeWire
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day December 31st, 2018 189
- NCRF Proudly Announces the 20th Annual Black College Expo Giving Millions in Scholarships On Site 180
- Apex Officer Showcasing Latest Virtual Reality Police Training Innovation at CES 2019 165
- Homestake Capital teams up with CCB Foundation to make bike racing an educational experience 157
- Author & Motivational Specialist Stephanie C. White was a Keynote Speaker at the Wow Wedding Expo 156
- Kemet Educational Services launches Holiday STEM Online Course 126
- Steve Dalton Wes Wilt Being Investigated 126
- Actor and MTv show host Nick Cannon pays it forward 106
- The Fastest Way To Build The Boarder Wall In 2019: Jose Franco For US President 2020 105
- Easy to Build Network by BUSYZ
Similar on eTradeWire
- Jaws Jumbo Burgers Utilizing Revolutionary Limited Partnership Agreement for Expansion
- Family Office Magazine announce Family Office live News service
- CustomersFirst Now (CFN) Named as a Leader in Customer Journey Mapping For Second Year by Aragon Research
- Kaydence Pharma: Successful completion of Pre-IND meeting with FDA
- Kathy Anderson of Progress Capital Secures $10M in Acquisition of Brick, NJ Mixed Use Property
- Home Tax Solutions Announced as the Largest Originator of Property Tax Loans in State of Texas According to Public Data
- Chard Snyder Appoints Ron Wetzel as Vice President of Operations
- Voluntary Disclosure Program; CRA that can either save you or destroy you!
- Alan Biller and Associates strengthens Asset/Liability focus with new Consultant Russell Kamp
- Housing Estate Development Completes With Bridging Loan
The closer the UK's departure from the EU becomes, the more worried estate agents are. Concern for house prices seemed to be concentrated in London, although the outlook for house prices in a year's time seems to be quite low.
A Reduction of 35%
The governor of the Bank of England stated that he thought a no-deal Brexit would see house prices being reduced by as much as 35%. However, the effects of Brexit on mortgages and house prices will ultimately depend on the deal Theresa May's government walks away with, and any repercussions the deal has on the economy.
While some estate agents claim that London is the only city that has seen a concern for house prices, the city of Aberdeen has seen a 10% fall in house prices since June 2016. Prices elsewhere in the country have continued to grow, by as much as 15% in some areas.
More on eTradeWire News
- Emerald Brand Announces the Formation of the Emerald Eco-Squad™
- 6 Things to Avoid When Remodeling Your Home
- Redcat Racing Gen8 Hop Up Parts Released
- IPRP is the State of Indiana's newly-contracted monitoring program for healthcare professionals
- RE/MAX DFW Associates Gains New Sales Associates
- Actor Keith Arthur Bolden lands recurring role in BET's series "American Soul"
- Tours of Tuscany By a Local Who Grew Up There
The number of homes sold in London is down 20% year-on-year, and prices in London fell by 0.7% in recent years. Prices do continue to be on the rise in other parts of the UK. Trends such as these are apparently due to a lower number of people investing in property and a lack of affordability in some of the country's more expensive markets.
Left with Uncertainty
The impact of Brexit has left the real estate world with a lot of uncertainty, although the effects so far has been pretty minimal. With slower house price growth in London, due to the financial commitment that comes with investing in a home in the capital, it looks as though the rest of the country remains somewhat unaffected for now.
Time will tell how Brexit will affect house prices once the country leaves the EU, but for now, estate agents, buy-to-let investors and those wanting their own home can have some confidence that overall UK house prices are remaining pretty stable.
For more property investment news visit slaterforbes.com
- Enter To Win A Fully Restored 1961 Corvette Convertible and a 2019 Corvette ZR1!
- Conroe Growth to Attract Job Seekers From Around Region to 7th Annual Job Fair
- Allied Wallet Taps into $16 Trillion Market
- 2019 Predictions for Turkey's Property Market and Foreign House Buyers
- Scott Stevens Offers Thriller Ebook For Free!
- Dallas Lifestyle Influencer Recommends New Amazon Influencer Program
- Mobil Steel Achieves AISC Quality Fabrication Standard for 13th Consecutive Year
- St. Eval Candle Company Installs BPA Platform to Integrate Shopify with SAP Business One
- NEW KOMPLEMENTS from Ambiance Bain
- Features of American Airlines Manage Booking-Ysupportnumber
- Sons and Daughters of Italy: The Fashions and Faces of the Regions of Italy
- Kelly Strauss Named Virginia Auctioneer of the Year
- Nelson Creek Outdoors announce its release of Lucky 7 Synthethescent Preorbital Licking Branch GEL
- ChiXi Consultants – What to Watch in the Markets – US Consumer Outlook
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Travel Alerts and Warnings
- Pricing Strategy Advisor Certification Malcolm Shepherd
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Midwest Expansion with Cedar Rapids Inferno SC
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist Certification Malcolm Shepherd
- TriBic Software Announces Beta Release of Box Office Ticketing Solution
- Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC Pledges to donate toward those affected by the government shutdown