Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 273
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 216
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 209
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 205
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 183
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 181
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 160
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 143
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
- CrittEar Unveils Calm, Dog Earplugs
Similar on eTradeWire
- VYVO Enables VyvoPay On Its Life Watches
- Powerstage Sports Nutrition Launches New Supplements Brand for the Athlete in All of Us!
- Women Today Are Less Aware Of Their Heart Disease Risk
- NuLife Ventures Introduces Hydrogen Water to its Product Line
- How to deal with imposter Syndrome
- Get the latest on NAD+ at the 2020 BR+NAD Brain Restoration Summit
- National Minority Health Assn. Appoints Health Tech Executive to Board
- TLC Cleaning owner Trisha Lake expands to open company's 3rd location
- Community partners launch Healthy Minds initiative, to offer free educational events, screenings
- IntegraCare increases hiring, emphasizes 'happiness, joy' despite pandemic
"Rates of breast cancer in premenopausal women are increasing in higher income nations," shares Jesse Slome, director of the Association. "For postmenopausal women, breast cancer is increasing more rapidly in lower income countries."
The study shared by Slome shows the inequities in cancer mortality worldwide. According to the international analysis reported in The Lancet about 47 per cent of women diagnosed with premenopausal breast cancer in less developed countries will die. "That compares to only 11 per cent per cent in the most developed countries," Slome notes. Postmenopausal breast cancer saw a fatality rate of 56 per cent in less developed nations compared to 21 per cent in their more developed counterparts.
For the comprehensive study, researchers examined breast cancer incidence and mortality trends over a 15-year period. The study population comprised women diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. It classified premenopausal cases and deaths as those arising in women younger than 50 years. For the study postmenopausal cases and deaths were classified as those that occurred from age 50 years onward. The scientists noted that internationally the average age of natural menopause is 45–55 years of age.
More on eTradeWire News
- SMARTFormulator Enhances the SMARTERP - A Revolutionary Manufacturing Focused Software for Sma
- A Thousand Ways to Save Energy - And $$$$
- Real Estate Opportunities From Scranton To Miami
- Secure Research Engine Streamlines Academic Efforts
- TVS Hollywood History Network Revisits World War II With Action Combat Programming on Watch Your.TV
"They conclude the report with the following recommendation for women," Slome adds. "Although early diagnosis and access to treatment remain crucial, primary prevention efforts seeking to decrease excess body weight and alcohol consumption and increase physical activity and breastfeeding are warranted in all world regions to curb the future breast cancer burden."
Around 270,000 U.S. women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer this year, according to the American Association for Critical Illness Insurance annual reporting of data.
"There is a real need for women to take steps to financially plan for this very real risk," Slome notes. "New treatments for those diagnosed offer great benefit. But many women are simply unprepared for costs of medical care that is not covered by their health insurance. Plus, many will need to take time off from work. A modest cancer insurance policy purchased in your 40s can cover those uncovered costs and replace lost income while one undergoes treatment and recovery time."
More on eTradeWire News
- Philadelphia Equity Transaction Closes to fund 6 High End Apartments in University City
- Tree Transplanting Company Helps Resolve Neighborhood Conflict
- Final Week of ChowderMonth Brings More To the Table
- Local Author to Discuss New Mystery Novel
- OIFF 18 Closes With Hip-Hop, Jazz and Soul Infused "When the Water Gets Deep" September 27th
Access to the full study can be gained through the Association's Healthy Habits News posts at https://criticalillnessinsuranceinfo.org/news/breast-cancer-rates/.
. AACII advocates for the importance of planning for the financial risks associated with main critical illnesses including cancer, heart attack and stroke. For more information, visit their website at https://www.criticalillnessinsuranceinfo.org.
- How Fanola no Orange Mask Effectively Nourishes Your Hair | Stabeto
- New Jewellery Brand that Takes Inspiration from the 20th Century Modern Movement
- DonnaInk Publications, Beat Deep Books Imprint, "Faces of Rap Mothers - Book Two" - correction
- Celebrating National Pancake Day with Craig Carlson
- EP Release Inspired by One Woman's Story Rallying for Necessities at War Times
- Become an "Agent of Healing" in Your Community
- Laughingcleaver Imprint releases, "Quarantina," by comedic humorist Wayne Tatum
- San Mateo Serviced Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- Owner of Criminal Defense Lawfirm in Hayward, CA releases video for Small Business Owners
- Palm Beach Business Lawyer Blog publishes new post
- New BrainTrain TNT Reading System includes Neurofeedback
- The Real Business Team - Building Black Wealth
- Bling Galore Paparazzi Jewelry Parties are here to stay!
- Identity: The Podcast COVID Consumption: An Overview featuring Tochi
- Items in Your Home That You Should Not Forget to Clean
- Streamed Lecture: Women in Italy, women composers in the 18th Century, and Maria Teresa Agnesi
- TRENIQUES: Jasmine Metivier talks modeling
- Panel Built Structures Create a Series of Temperature Screening Solutions
- PYNKTALKS Welcomes Rachel Richardson Entertainment Stylist
- 143VINYL Adds StarMask 900 Stencil Film to Product Line