Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 533
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 373
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 366
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 250
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 220
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 195
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 178
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 175
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 161
- Richard Dreitzer Joins Fennemore Craig's Business Litigation Practice 155
Similar on eTradeWire
- National Event for Singles Launches
- Sister Accord Day Event Culminates With Powerful Performances By Grammy Award Nominated Singers/Songwriters Marsha Ambrosius & Brian Courtney Wilson
- Shangri-La Springs to host Muertos Monster Mash Oct. 31
- Andrew Jones Auctions' next Design for the Home and Garden Auction will be Oct. 20th in Los Angeles
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- OFAC, Global Affairs Canada to speak at Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions in Toronto in TWO WEEKS
- Susan G. Komen® Miami/Ft. Lauderdale More Than Pink Walk™ Takes Place October 12
- Queens to the Rescue comes to Easley
- Patagonia Partners with Ocean-Focused Nonprofit for Santa Cruz Event
- Gnarly 101.3FM Present Free Tickets To Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Show
The 50 Shades of Pink Foundation, founded by Dr. Walters, draws more than 300 influencers, civic leaders, thought leaders, dignitaries and politicians to Atlanta's City Hall Atrium for an elegant, upscale evening in support of breast cancer patients, advocacy and cure advancement. Dr. Walters founded the foundation in 2013 to support breast cancer warriors and their families.
In 2004, Dr. Walters found herself on the other side of the doctor's office when she received her first cancer diagnosis. She underwent a double mastectomy after her second diagnosis in 2008. "As I went through my treatment, I was heartbroken to see the spirits of other warriors broken. Their hope was low," says Walters. But as a physician myself, I knew that having a positive attitude impacts how you respond to the treatment," adds the OB-GYN.
More on eTradeWire News
- Arabel Lebrusan Takes the Sourcing Trip of a Lifetime
- Tenor Saxophonist Lawrence Clark Releases his Sophomore Album Inner Visions Featuring Jeremy Pelt And Duane Eubanks on the European Jazz Tribes Label
- Local HVAC Contractor "Heroes Club" Provides Free Services to Cincinnati Community
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOMEOPATHY supports the HHS Pain Management Best Practices
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
While battling breast cancer herself, Dr. Walters began sending care packages to other patients and counseling them to provide spiritual support. To date, hundreds of cancer patients and survivors have benefited from her foundation. "When you look good you feel good," says Dr. Walters. "It was my desire to share that perspective with other warriors in this journey. Our goal is to treat the inner and outer beauty of breast cancer patients and survivors who undergo the difficult and painful treatment process," adds the author of Perfect Imperfections.
One in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime, a man's risk is roughly one in 883 according to 2019 statistics (http://www.breastcancer.org/). Early detection is key and Dr. Walters and her team are adamant about scheduling mammograms for women.
Just in time for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the 50 Shades of Pink fashion show will highlight breast cancer stories and celebrate women who have, and are currently battling, breast cancer. More than 30 models, who've been impacted by breast cancer, will grace the runway at 6 p.m. on October 5that City Hall.
More on eTradeWire News
- Ponos Industries Announces Expiration of its Tender Offer of Common Stock of General Electric Company Without Satisfaction of Tender Conditions
- International Day of Peace – Singing for Peace Flash mob
- First LGBTQ+ Web Series in Oklahoma Welcomes Second Season
- VPI Introduces 4K 18Gbps Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter Cable
- FOURMIDABLE Ranked as a Top Property Management Firm
For tickets visit Event Brite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/50-shades-of-pink-foundation-presents-the-future-fundraising-gala-tickets-65074527664), for more information visit www.50shadesofpinkfoundation.org. To schedule an interview with Dr. Walters, or breast cancer survivors who've benefited from her program, contact Tenisha@PerfectPitchMediaGroup.com.
- Welcoming Edmund Cotter to the Ordior Team!
- A 600,000,000 Milestone For Ordior!
- Newark CTE Network Kicks Off School Year
- Eric Ginsburg's Fridge Miami Salutes Baltimore in "Farewell Tour" for Art Week
- The best of Silicon Valley leaders to share knowledge and insights on Timeless Leadership Lessons
- Recording Artist Eileen Carey Returns To Nashville For Two Acoustic Performa
- Oakland International Film Festival Around The World In Eleven Days
- Versatile Haitian American Singer/Songwriter Natalie Jean Releases Collaboration with Inches From Sin
- Ninefifteen Releases New Single "This Time" From 4560 Album
- Mile High H2O Corporation Launching Sales Operations Across the U.S
- PREMIERE: Modern Vices "All You Got" By: Rachel Zyzda
- Talented Filmmaker Receives Gold Medal for Award-Winning Book Titled "I Am More Than My Hair"
- Xlibris Publishing Author Fida Abbott Won the Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for Summer 2019
- Healthcare Industry Veteran Michael Orscheln Joins Executive Team at American Medical Depot
- "Big Shoes" Author, Uses Harriet Tubman's Shoes; Teaches Others To Break Free, And Pursue Dreams
- Nebraska Nite Hawks (WNFC) Offering USA Football's First Down Event to Omaha Kids
- Fiction Ghostwriters: New Career Opportunities for Authors
- Towerdata Integrates Email Validation And Intelligence With Listrak Digital Marketing Platform
- Cadence Living and Ryan Companies Complete Acoya Mesa
- The First Minimalist GMT Dual Time Travel Watches Are Launching on Kickstarter