Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 188
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 172
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 122
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 115
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 110
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 106
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 105
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fashion Industry Veteran Creates a la Carte Dream Fashion/Design Academy
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Save Time and Money with Texpak's New PCA Tagging System
- Quinn Apparel Inc. Offers Large Selection of Men's and Women's Fall Clothing Fashions
- The Billionaire Club Unveil its First NFT Collection: the PARTY APES
- Beautyforever Anniversary Campaign – Exciting Flat Discounts, Sales, and Voucher Codes
- elleNelle Bridal Launches New Bridal Capsule Collection Online
- Fashion Week Columbus 2021 Concludes with Sold-Out 12th Annual Finale Runway Show
- Jurllyshe Pre Halloween Sale And Free Orders
"Pull Back The Curtain" is an evening of entertainment and enlightenment. This year's event will feature author and fashion guru Marcellas Reynolds and his second book "Supreme Actresses: Iconic Black Women Who Revolutionized Hollywood", highlighting Black women who have made a fashionable impact on global culture. Marcellas will sit on a panel for a lively conversation with actress, model, TV host and former recording artist, Sibley Scoles of Access Hollywood along with other iconic actresses from his new book to discuss the global importance of fashion and its impact on their careers. Imagine several fabulous actresses like Regina King, Viola Davis, Lupita Nyong'o, Tracee Ellis Ross, and many more in a lively conversation you won't want to miss!
Guests from around the globe can also enjoy the event from the comfort of their home, as the event will also be streamed virtually online. Proceeds from the event will go towards the Black Design Collective Scholarship Fund which awards scholarships to design students.
More on eTradeWire News
- Boca's Award-Winning Jazz Vocalist DEBORAH SILVER Releases Chart-Rising New EP 'Sunny Side'
- MyDiscountLab.com A Direct-to-Consumer Lab Test Ordering Website Launched
- Food, Dance and Drama Show at Yoruba Cultural Center, Dallas, Texas
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- The Japan Tour Company - A New Tour Company in the Middle of a Pandemic
Tickets are available for purchase now and start at $25 for students, $50 for individuals and $75 for VIPs plus a BDC Gift Box. Additional information about the event can be found at BlackDesignCollective.com/Category/Events.
ABOUT BLACK DESIGN COLLECTIVE
Black Design Collective is an organization of black designers expressing individual unique design excellence. The goal of the organization is to bring awareness of the history and relevance of the global impact of black design. We support our members and the greater design/creative community with resources, mentorships, e-commerce platforms and business opportunities.
The Black Design Collective is an organization of accomplished designers that have impacted the fashion industry through their ready to wear, bespoke and film designs. With headquarters in Los Angeles, the group seeks to create a platform for designers of color to develop, produce and market their products globally as well as have created a mentorship program for aspiring designers. Young designers will have an opportunity to work alongside a mentor and gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience. Additionally, a scholarship fund has been established to assist young designers in their pursuit of higher education in the field of fashion, design and costume design.
Black Design Collective is a 501(c)(3) federally registered non-profit organization that was founded in 2018. https://www.blackdesigncollective.com/
ABOUT MARCELLAS REYNOLDS
Author Marcellas Reynolds is an actor, fashion stylist, and entertainment reporter. His television appearances include Access Hollywood, Daily Mail TV, and the Tamron Hall Show. In 2000, while modeling in New York, Marcellas discovered his true passion, wardrobe styling. Editorials for Amica, Grazia, and InStyle magazines and advertising campaigns for Anheuser-Busch, H&M, and United Airlines soon followed. Styling celebrities Rebecca Hall, Sharon Stone, and Justin Timberlake led Marcellas to Hollywood and a career as an entertainment reporter and television host. You've seen him on Access Hollywood, E! Live from the Red Carpet, and Good Morning America.
More on eTradeWire News
- Cal State LA awarded Amgen Foundation grant to boost careers in bioentrepreneurship
- Spark Design Awards 2021 Deadline Breaking News
- Shot by Somi Studios Hosts Shots & Headshots Event to Benefit United Way Annual Campaign
- Snell & Wilmer Welcomes Lynsie A. Zona to Phoenix Office
- Professional Model Holly Sonders Has a New Love Life with Oscar de la Hoya and is Taking Social Media by Storm Making Six Figures a Month
In 2019, Marcellas published the Supreme Models: Iconic Black Women Who Revolutionized Fashion, the first- ever art book celebrating top black models to international acclaim, topping multiple Bestsellers and Best Of lists.
Supreme Models features more than 70 women from the last 75 years. Supreme Models pays tribute to black models past and present: from the first to be featured in catalogs and on magazine covers, like Iman, Beverly Johnson, and Donyale Luna, to the supermodels who reigned in the nineties—Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell. The book also observes the newest generation of models—Adwoa Aboah, Jourdan Dunn, and Joan Smalls. They are shaking up the fashion industry by speaking out about racial prejudice and becoming social media sensations.
Hot on the heels of the success of Supreme Models comes Supreme Actresses, the first-ever art book dedicated to celebrating Black actresses. From Hattie McDaniel, the first actress of color to win an Academy Award in 1939, to Dorothy Dandridge, the first actress of color to be nominated for Best Actress at the Academy Awards in 1954. And from Diahann Carroll, the first African American actress to star on a television sitcom, to Cicely Tyson, the first African American star of a TV drama. The performances by these talented actresses are ingrained into our memories. But how did they begin their acting careers, and who were the first Black actresses who paved the way? Supreme Actresses celebrates the groundbreaking women who have been influencing culture for decades, reshaping the very standards of beauty in modern society.
- Bronze sculpture by Henry Moore will headline Shannon's Fall Fine Art Auction, October 28th
- Registration and housing open for Work Truck Week 2022 in Indianapolis
- Exponential Power Acquires Static Power
- I Am Selling JoAnne Bassett's Sixty Natural Perfume Formulas
- Videeko Vanilla ZP Receives SA8000 Social Accountability Certification
- Pinnacle Roofing Associates Announces Construction Management Services
- Jason W. Kinander Wins Prestigious Gold Medal Award from the Chicago Electric Association
- Universal Robots & Fortress Academy Earn ARM Institute Endorsement
- Used 2017 Nissan Rogue for Sale in Toronto Area!
- Author Releases Debut Non Fiction Best Seller!
- 'Eggstraordinary' Story Awaits Youngsters on Your Holiday Shopping List
- Bosco Tech Black & Gold Gala is November 6
- Central Health Uniform To Host Grand Opening of Waterbury Store On November 10
- Be Taylor Productions Partners With Walmart's Online Store, Introducing Kyndall's World Nationwide
- NTDSW Highlights Demand for Safer Roads in California
- Improved Access to Care for 100 Million+ Patients: Lifemesh Telehealth Module Now Available in OpenEMR
- Metaprise: Commerce Online Bank
- Fridge Art Fair Miami Art Week 2021
- Actuated Medical Awarded SBIR Fast Track for Additive Manufacturing of Patient-Specific Masks and Nasal Prongs
- Immigration Conflicts & COVID - Capital Intl Immigration