Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 352
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 316
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 195
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 178
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 176
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 159
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 115
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- Azuka Theatre Continues to Champion Local Philadelphia Voices with New Playwrights' Group
- Robert Hilger Named Whistle Stop Gallery 2018 Master Artist
- The World's First Art Fairs - The Eight Impressioinist Exhibitions of 1874-1886
- Tyler Perry taps award winning actor, comedian and social media sensation Blameitonkway for Madea's Farewell Play Tour
- Dustin Ferguson, Award-Winning Filmmaker, Releases First CD Titled CALIFORNIA BITCHES
- Royse Contemporary adds new artists to its roster
- Jason Crabb and Jay DeMarcus React To Grammy Nomination
- Cornwall Artist's Painting To Be Displayed in Parlimentary Dining Room
- "DALLAS LIT" In the Spirit Entertainment Foundation celebrates black history
- Bronze sculpture by Emile Louis Picault (Fr., 1860-1915) hits CA$43,660 at Miller & Miller auction
This year's Art Basel exhibition at Plant The Future Wynwood flagship gallery features three more collaborations including
· Japanese artist Songhe Kim
More on eTradeWire News
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Commonwealth Real Estate names Phil Fougere Marketing Director
- Owen-Ames-Kimball Company completes Parish Life Center at St. John XXIII Catholic Church
- Terrorism Threatens The Fate Of All Humankind In "The Divine Affliction" By Author Robert M Fleisher
- Solar added to Wendell Falls Model Home
- A Successful Totally Nutz® Franchisee is also a Full-Time Engineer
- Cake By Courtney Launches her Line of Cake Tools
- City Barbeque launches improved online ordering, enhanced app
· Miami-based artist Brian Reedy
· Designer Valentino Vettori of Arcadia
Songhe Kim is a third generation Korean Japanese artist based in Tokyo, Japan. Kim uses upcycled toys and other materials to create one-of-a-kind art pieces and installations that express multicultural integration and understanding within society.
Paloma and Songhe initiated their collaboration during Art Basel 2017 followed by an exhibition in Shizouka, Japan in April 2018. Their collaborative work for this exhibition consisted of wishing chandeliers made from upcycled toys being given a new life promoting cultural diversity and sustainability in our planet.
Inspired by Songhe's work, Paloma also created a 12' x 15' mandala and moss installation titled Talisman for Mother Nature and a limited number of one-of-a-kind Lucky Daruma Gardens. The colorful traditional Japanese charms fused with upcycled toys and moss reveal the collaborative duo's highly uplifting, colorful and whimsical world.
Brian Reedy is a Miami based artist known for block printing and inspired by traditional Japanese Ukiyo-e prints. As a lifelong enthusiast of Japanese monster movies and anime, he uses characters from those films as the subjects for his imagery.
The collaboration was born out of an interest to feature classical and nostalgic characters such as Godzilla and Ultraman to connect people back to nature and promote sustainability through art. For this exhibition Reedy's characters were brought to life in large-scale format in CNC-cut bamboo with preserved natural moss.
More on eTradeWire News
- G-dot & Born x Soulslicers - Drippin Soul (EP)
- Viral Cake Sensation, "Cake By Courtney," Announces the Launch of Her New Cake of the Month Club
- SysGen Announces Promotion of Ryan Richardet to President
- Comedian Marc Yaffee Kicks Off 2019 Comedy At Joker's Comedy Club
- Adrenaline Fundraising to Exhibit at the 2019 East Coast Inside Baseball Coaches Clinic
- Temperature Verification in Wine Cellars Using a Data Logger
- Georgia's Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Announces Drop Off Sites for Bring One for the Chipper 2019
Arcadia is the brainchild of artist and experiential retail designer, Valentino Vettori. The Arcadia exhibition is a multimedia art experience where immersive environments tell stories of sustainability brought to life with augmented reality, projection mapping and experiential installations. Paloma joined forces with Valentino to create a 10' x 7' Healing Cave at her flagship gallery in Wynwood consisting of an immersive installation with natural crystals and mosses that explores the power of mother nature's energy and enables people to reconnect with nature within the confines of an urban environment. These highly photogenic, sensory and meditative spaces can be installed at private homes, hotels, offices in any part of the world.
"I'm thrilled to be collaborating with such talented artists from around the globe to co-create works that spread the message of sustainability," said Paloma Teppa, co-founder, artist and Chief Creative Officer of Plant The Future.
This Art Basel also marked Plant The Future (http://www.plantthefuture.com) 10th anniversary in Wynwood. Situated right across from the world-renowned Wynwood Walls, Plant The Future was one of the first retail businesses in the neighborhood. Over the years, the gallery has attracted nature lovers, artists, art collectors, interior designers architects, developers, with an eye for design and taste for the whimsical.
"We are very excited to be celebrating this10th year milestone along with our employees, artist collaborators, friends, family and clients. Wynwood's growth has been instrumental in our own evolution as a botanic gallery and design studio," said Yair Marcoschamer, Chief Executive Gardner of Plant The Future.
Wynwood Art District
2511 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Goldsboro Strike Eagles FC as North Carolina Expansion Team
- FoldiMate, the Robotic Laundry Folding Machine, Demos a Fully Functional Prototype at CES
- 2018 MBMA Annual Report Now Available for Building Design and Construction Professionals
- Conti Solar, National EPC Services Firm, Closes 2018 With 650 MW of Solar Projects
- Volume 3 of ARSC Award-Nominated Beatles Recording Reference Manual Series Out Now
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Cinebistro at CityPlace Doral as a New Platinum Member
- Driftscape announces partnership with the Distillery District
- Dreaming of the Perfect Wedding?
- Danalock Smart Lock Featured in Z-Wave Smart Home Demo House at CES 2019
- Fire-Rated Safety Glass, LITEFLAM, Nabs the 2018 Reader's Choice Award!
- Curly D's Juteux Lip Balm Makes Perfect $7 Clean Beauty Holiday Gift
- LuckyDiem Announces Alliance with Screenvision Media Bringing Local Rewards to Moviegoers
- Master ConcessionAir delivers interactive experience at Orlando International Samsonite store
- General Micro Systems Receives Honors in Military & Aerospace Electronics 2018 Innovation Program
- Texas Trust Credit Union Hosts Financial Reality Fair
- New Students Can Enroll in Allentown Elementary School at EEACS
- A Season For Giving – Part 2 – The Gift of Hope
- Orange Effect Foundation Announces New Board Members
- Michael Foy of J.D. Power Explores How the Wealth Management Sector Can Integrate Human and Technological Touch Points to Maximize Customer Experience
- A Season For Giving – Part 1 – The Gift of Life