Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 536
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 444
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 247
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 220
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 199
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 167
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 133
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 130
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 129
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Embryo Adoption Guide Launches on Amazon
- Two Companies from Bend Oregon Team up for the 2021 Stage Stop Sled Dog Race
- South Carolina attorney wants to change the narratives of children in foster care
- Feeding the USA Hunger Relief Organization
- Former Corporate Exec. To Launch New App for Working Moms
- Expert Ava Parnass is Helping Families Capitalize on the "Silver Lining" Amidst Current Crises
- Learn to Transform Relationship Breakdowns into Breakthroughs in Free Virtual Summit
- Love vs. Design Launches With Instantly Customizable Peel And Stick Wallpapers For Your Home
- January Family Friendly Entertainment on UKW MEDIA on ROKU! PLUS Instagram LIVE Q&As
- Giver Alarms Plans $750,000 in Product Donations to Domestic Violence Shelters in 2021
Since March, Better Together has seen a 155% increase in requests for help through its Better Families program, a voluntary alternative to foster care that hosts children short-term while mentoring parents through crisis.
"It costs an average of $30,000 per year in taxpayer dollars to keep a child in foster care," said Megan Rose, CEO, Better Together. "The alternative is donating $100 per month to cover the cost of providing a child with a safe and caring temporary home while parents work towards reunification. Despite challenges, Better Together has remained fully operational throughout the pandemic. With your support, children can wake up with their parents on Christmas morning rather than in foster care."
More on eTradeWire News
- Wedding Photographs Finalists in Street Photography Competition
- Beta-Glucan Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- How Physical Therapy Can Help With Back Pain
- Teri Isner Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- China Refuses to Accept Service of Berman Law Group's Coronavirus Class Action Complaint
With a small crew of seven full-time staff, Better Together has leveraged the support of hundreds of local volunteers to serve every single family that asked for help.
"We have not turned a single child away," added Rose.
Better Together is 100% privately funded and community driven, and has served over 2,500 children in Southwest Florida and kept 96% of families together. The nonprofit was founded on the belief that loving parents should not lose children because they are having money problems, or had the courage to seek treatment, or got hospitalized without childcare. These challenges can be overcome with the right support system in place.
To join the Hopeful 100 Club and support Better Together's mission to help keep Southwest Florida families together, visit BetterTogetherUS.org/Better-Families/Donate/#Hopeful100.
ABOUT BETTER TOGETHER
Better Together is a nonprofit organization that helps parents going through a hard time keep their kids out of foster care, find work and address the root causes of their struggle so that they can reunite as a family with the tools and support system to thrive. A privately funded and professionally supported organization, Better Together is made up of volunteers who believe helping people help themselves is the best way to restore dignity and bring families together. Through the Better Families program, families are offered a preventive alternative to foster care while they get the help they need. To date, the program has kept 96% of children served out of foster care. The Better Jobs program was created to address the 76% of families that come to Better Together because of economic hardship tied to unemployment. In addition to community job fairs, the program offers job seekers coaching, guidance, support and encouragement through local church partners. For more information, visit BetterTogetherUS.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- PODS® Phoenix is Ringing in the New Year with Helpful DIY Tips for Simple Garage Storage
- Ahlers & Ogletree's three-day, online-only A Collector's Dream auction, Jan. 15-17, tops $2 million
- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries
- Connie Gohata Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- Crystal Perez Awarded Prestigious "Premier Luxury Marketing Consultant" Certification
- KYC2020 Awarded as a Global Leader in AML Compliance by RegTech Analyst
- GoFind Inc Files for Voluntary Dissolution
- Big Win For Mizner CC's Women's Tennis Team
- Ashton College Launches CBA-Accredited Certificate of Accounting Program
- Ponos Industries Extends Tender Offer for up to 2,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of Verizon Communications Inc
- Harrisburg Location of Exeter Orthodontics Offering Families Affordable Braces
- Chipkin's BBMD – BACnet Broadcasts Solved
- My Puppies Palace: Enjoy Top Quality Products For Your Pooch
- Virginia Solar Summit Set to Scale Up Ground-Mounted Solar Power on Mine Lands and Brownfields
- Dedeaux Properties Closes Out 2020 with $500 MM in Industrial Real Estate Transaction Volume
- Five Stuart Kane Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers List
- Director Joseph Faucher Recognized by 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Successful Marquette Financial Advisor releases landmark book about faith and financial wisdom
- Super Lawyers 2021 Selects Six Umberg/Zipser Attorneys
- Nashville Valentine's Day Package Love Is Not Cancelled
- Watch Harjaei Series On Our Site For Free Today!
- VPI Now Offering Antibacterial/Antimicrobial CAT6a Shielded Patch Cables
- New Speakers from New Nations Announced for Helicopter Technology Central and Eastern Europe 2021
- Houston Native Denaron Will Release Single "Wild Out" Featuring Young Dro Febuary 2, 2021
- StroudwaterGCL Rural Healthcare Capital Welcomes Industry Leader as Chief Executive Officer