Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 188
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 172
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 122
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 115
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 110
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 106
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 105
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
Similar on eTradeWire
- Shot by Somi Studios Hosts Shots & Headshots Event to Benefit United Way Annual Campaign
- Florida Rising launches Redistricting Website and Public Community Mapping Portal
- PCs for People Provides Digital Literacy and Device Access through a Union Pacific Grant
- Pilot and Bikers Race Against Clock in Life Saving Dash to Newcastle
- Pandemic Recovery Blueprint Distilled from Prophetic Utterance
- Virtual Public Forum on Homelessness in Walnut Creek, November 17, 2021
- ASA Issues Reminder to Consumers on Importance of Hiring Qualified Gems & Jewelry Appraisers
- John Brooks Recovery Center expands Outpatient Services
- 2021 Spirit of Community Leadership Award Recipients Announced
- LARC's 4th Annual Aiming for Ability Clay Shooting Tournament Friday, May 6, 2022
Every year, more than 650,000 Americans are released from prison and faced with challenges for re-entering the workforce. Better Together's Second Chance job fairs help job seekers overcome barriers to employment, such as incarceration, by opening the door to background-friendly employers. Participating employers include businesses like Mitchell & Stark Construction, Storm Smart and Spherion Staffing.
The church-based job fair not only connects job seekers with local employers who are ready to hire, but also provides resources to facilitate stronger connections and more hires. Free one-on-one job coaching sessions are also available to job seekers to review resumes and interviewing skills.
"Imagine you've been incarcerated and are looking for a second chance. Checked boxes and paper resumes don't account for the changes you've made or your desire for a fresh start," said Megan Rose, CEO of Better Together. "We look forward to breaking down these barriers to employment and helping restore hope for those in need of employment in the Lehigh area."
More on eTradeWire News
- Boca's Award-Winning Jazz Vocalist DEBORAH SILVER Releases Chart-Rising New EP 'Sunny Side'
- MyDiscountLab.com A Direct-to-Consumer Lab Test Ordering Website Launched
- Food, Dance and Drama Show at Yoruba Cultural Center, Dallas, Texas
- Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration to Focus on Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Innovations in March 2022 Event
- The Japan Tour Company - A New Tour Company in the Middle of a Pandemic
The community job fair is part of Better Together's "Better Jobs" program, which has helped 34,000 applicants connect with employment opportunities across 21 states. At job fairs hosted by Better Together, two-thirds of attendees get a job interview, and half receive a job offer on the spot.
The Oct. 28 job fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rise Christian Church, located at 50 Bell Blvd. N. in Lehigh Acres. Job seekers and employers can register at BetterTogetherUS.org/Events/Lehigh-JF/.
Churches interested in hosting a Better Together job fair can visit BetterTogetherUS.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- New Book: Professor Charlatan Bardot's Travel Anthology to the Most (Fictional) Haunted Buildings
- ACS Defense Lawyer in Queens Announces Dismissal of Case Against Father
- RE/MAX Classic Makes PBJ Family Owned Business List
- Texas-Based Property Management Group Plants Roots in Mountain West Region
- Business Lawyer Law Office of David Steinfeld named Best of Palm Beach Gardens 2021
- Carrington College in Spokane Announces New Campus Director
- NHSA welcomes substantial investment from Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman
- Redcat releases the Kaiju EXT, 1:8 scale 4WD, 6S Ready, Monster Truck
- Women in Business to spotlight pet adoption in Southwest Florida at Nov. 3 networking event
- Muhammad Ali, what is his connection to sports talk show pioneer Harold K. Bell? It will shock you
- Author Tackles Smalltown Drug Use and Mental Illness in Gripping New Novel
- GreenPointe Welcomes Garrison Burr, CPA, as Financial Analyst
- Pete Andrews Named CEO of Reconnect, Inc
- Piroshky Piroshky Celebrates 29 Years In Business
- Reading, PA Orthodontist Accepting New Patients Looking for Braces or Invisalign
- Bronze sculpture by Henry Moore will headline Shannon's Fall Fine Art Auction, October 28th
- Registration and housing open for Work Truck Week 2022 in Indianapolis
- Exponential Power Acquires Static Power
- I Am Selling JoAnne Bassett's Sixty Natural Perfume Formulas
- Videeko Vanilla ZP Receives SA8000 Social Accountability Certification