Popular on eTradeWire
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- IOTAP (Work 365) Announces the Completion of SOC2 Type 2 Certification
- Now, The Ultimate Gut Course, to "Decolonize"
- Global Women Transformation Summit Speakers
Similar on eTradeWire
- New SMS Marketing Features Announced for Buying Buddy IDX CRM Solution
- StackSource Arranges $141.5 Million Capital Stack for Historic Jefferson Arms Building Conversion
- PulteGroup opens for sales at Rolling Hills in St. Johns County
- New compliance service for token projects
- Pickleball Champ Regina Goldberg Joins The Hunters Run Professional Team As Its New Pickleball Director
- Lee & Associates - La North/ventura Closes Five Transactions Across Southern California
- Award-Winning Jennifer Pacca Interiors' Interior Design Services Transform Rooms into Luxurious Spaces
- Man Builds Generational Wealth For Family With 90-Acre Land Purchase
- Event Raises $40,000 for HBA DOC Scholarship Program
- Non-Profit AHED Foundation, Form Partners, Highridge Costa Selected to Build Apartments in Kaka'ako
The old-timers remember the way it used to be: dirt roads, no electricity, a small and short-lived city created by the construction of a dam. Now they see a thriving city in an urban setting with an excellent quality of life.
More on eTradeWire News
- Popular Winter Mega Sale at Sunber Returns for 2022
- Jordann Dwayne Announces 2 More Projects in December 2022!
- Build a Defi Staking Platform With PerfectionGeeks Technologies
- Stacy Rose stars in Apple TV+ series Season 2 "Little America"
- Second Amendment Lawyer Lynne Torgerson obtains success in NIC's appeal
Coon Rapids traces its founding as a separate government entity back to July 30, 1857 when Anoka Township was organized. The city retains these same boundaries with the exclusion of the City of Anoka which was incorporated as a separate city.
Coon Rapids Dam
In the summer of 1898, the Great Northern Development Company proposed to build a dam below the Coon Creek Rapids with a power generating plant on the east side of the river. The actual construction did not start until 1912. Within 1 year, a small city had sprung up on the shores of the Mississippi River. Streets were laid out and roughly graded. The city's population grew to over 1,000 with laborers and engineers working on the dam. The dam was built by the Mississippi Power Company and was operating by 1914. Northern States Power Company ran the dam until 1969. It was acquired by the Hennepin County Park Board and serves as Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park today.
Chris Fritch Team exp Realty
- 55 Ways to Make Extra Money in 2023
- SnapCo. and Citizen Safety App partner to combat BlackTrans Violence in the City of Atlanta
- New Vintage Toys & Collectibles At House Of Plastik, Bought & Sold, In Ameila, OH, Clermont CountyOH
- Floris United Methodist Church celebrates 25 years in ministry together with Bishop Tom Berlin
- Aiwyn Works with Top-Ranked Firms with New Practice Intelligence Solution for Billing
- EazyFlipBook Review $16,987 Bonus
- Florida Retirement Is Murder ~ Novel
- What is Fashionboomy and why it?
- Remote work can help improve company culture
- Energy Heir, Anton R. Williams of West MI, Makes Push for Renewable Energy
- E-Commerce: The Three Types & Why They Matter
- Spectrum Singers in a "Holiday Concert", w/accompaniment on a restored Woodberry and Harris organ
- OSHA: A worker's Rights and Protections
- Metaverse, XR, to Web 3.0: Defining the Future of Tech and Business at Immerse Global Summit 2022
- Tesla TSLA Stock Predictions 2025
- 5 Holly-Jolly Festivities Avo Limo can Transport the Family to this Winter
- How to Write a Business Plan: Simple Tips for Running a Successful Business
- MESSIAH - Coming to Ontario California!
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP