Popular on eTradeWire
- Witness the NFT Revolution with Freeverse's Alun Evans, Fraser Gordon of Quantum Works, and more at NFT Expoverse LA 2022 - 127
- Sekrett Scilensce is the lead-Musician & Business-expansion member at Takeo Tama | takeotama.com - 107
- Women In Professional Sports To Celebrate 10 Years of Service, Sportsmanship & Sisterhood - 105
- TrueDialog Accepted to the Microsoft Power App Platform - 103
- Las Palmas Releases Limited Edition Coloring Books to Benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Writers Meet Editorial Pros in L.A. at AGLAWC!
- Another College Bans Posters - Its President Is Sued
- DCOTA Hosts Design Professionals & Industry Insiders at the SUMMER REFRESH MARKET
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' BRONNY Chili' JAMES & BRYCE Chili' JAMES 1st Gm Together! #LEBRON'Spicy' NBA
- Can Picking Up the Phone Save Lives & Provide Long COVID Cures? UCSF & Partners' Study To Find Out
Similar on eTradeWire
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Christopher Hussey, Hired
- Furnace Part Source Upgrades Customer Service With Gladly
- Thermocouple, Thermistor or RTD? – Part 1
- Pro-Link Expands with New Team
- Universal Data Acquisition System Controls Hydraulic Pressure Test
- New SQ16 & SQ16-Plus Data Loggers from Grant Instruments
- Custom metal milling provides parts for OEM operations
- Robinson's custom metal enclosures meet precise application needs
- Weather Station Data Logger Collects Meteorological Data
- B2B Industrial Packaging Announces 24th Acquisition with Springfield Corrugated Box
A key component in the system is the Wildlife Acoustics SM4BAT FS Ultrasonic Recorder. It's specifically designed to capture and record the ultrasonic "chirps" made by bats. The SM4BAT is housed in a weatherproof enclosure and in this application is externally powered to allow continuous operation for an extended period of time.
More on eTradeWire News
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Receives Community Service Award
- Mountain View Corporate Housing Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- Morgan Automotive Group Acquires Wilde Dealerships in Sarasota
- BizTechReports Features Insights from IBM, ABI Research and Gartner
- Community Concert Association Announces 2023 Season
A dataTaker DT82I data logger was used to capture and record the statics via this RS-232 interface. While the logger has an internal rechargeable battery, a 10-watt pole-mounted solar panel with Sunsaver charge controller and a 12V 10 A-hr. battery were used to provide continuous power year-round.
In this application, the customer was most interested in the daily statistics so the logger was programmed to read information from the SM4BAT once a day via the RS-232 port. It also read its own internal battery voltage and the voltage of the external battery to help provide data to help manage the system. This data was stored in the logger's internal memory providing a backup in case there was ever an issue with the data upload via the modem.
A key to the operation of this system was minimizing power consumption to allow continuous operation off just the solar panel. The logger was programmed to go into a sleep state whenever it was not taking a measurement or sending data.
More on eTradeWire News
- Tarps Now Releases Guide to Use of Tarp Accessories
- 100% Cotton | A Solo Exhibition by Andrew Cotton
- Family Law Attorney Successfully Defends an Appeal
- Pirates Dinner Adventure offers half off admission for kids
- Charleston Sports Medicine Welcomes Blake Ohlson, MD
The key benefit of this setup is that the data is sent automatically, so the customer doesn't have to visit the site. The battery voltage data allows remote diagnostics for potential issues like dirt on the solar panel. This daily check-in provides the operational status of the SM4BAT recorder, which is in an area of Montana subject to harsh winter conditions. Grouse Mountain sincerely appreciated the responsive and professional tech support from CAS during the development and deployment of the dataTaker solution to resolve any issues while the staff was on-site.
For more information on the dataTaker DT82i, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or visit our website at https://www.dataloggerinc.com.
- Why Market Timing is a Bad Idea
- Weinstein Spira Promotes Branham, Walther and Harrison
- Managecore Ranks No. 488 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 With Three-Year Sales Growth of 1266%
- Tree Care for Japanese Maple Trees
- Golisano Children's Hospital publishes Back to School Kids First magazine
- Consolidated Chassis Management Joins U.S. DOT's FLOW Initiative to Improve Supply Chain
- 2021 Clearly Donruss Football Hobby Box
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Jumbo HTA Baseball Hobby Box
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive produces its 5 millionth Subaru vehicle
- Professional Centennial, CO Tree Removal Services Announced by Mortensen Tree Service, Inc
- American Momentum Bank collects school supplies for local charity
- G&S Acoustics - Scores for the Win!
- Advanced Revenue Management System Unveiled at CIO 100 Symposium in Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Top QA Pain Points & Ways to Improve Software Testing
- Boom Boom Firearms Training LLC., Is Hosting Maryland Wear & Carry Permit (CCW) 16-Hour Courses For Eligible MD Residents & Non Residents
- "Doubting Tom" Releasing August 26 on Amazon, iTunes, Google Play
- We need to talk about Dry Eye Disease…
- Improvement, data science pros to convene in Atlanta Sept. 19-21
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2022 October Speak Up Women Conference and Last Call For Speakers
- State Representative Derek Mallow Presents The Outstanding Georgia Business Award To Oliver Maner