Popular on eTradeWire
- Love 2 The World Celebration Global Tv Mega Event Concert For The 1st Time At Niagara Falls Fr - 714
- Mexico Hosts the First Cancun International Boat Show - 619
- Hoppr Taps Georges Laplanche to Develop Billion Dollar European Programmatic Advertising Market for Network Service Providers - 557
- ILoveInns.com Announces 2021 Top 10 Best Romantic Inns - 523
- Patrick Mahomes strikes twice by winning overall 2020 Hickok Belt(R) Award and January 2021 monthly - 508
- Aruba Environmental Credentials Further Strengthened - 477
- Market-Connections Resume Writing Services Celebrates 10 Years in Business - 475
- Travel Salaries Rise Marginally In 2020 But Recruitment Plummets - 441
- Travelers Haven Achieves Unprecedented Quality and Customer Satisfaction Scores - 335
- Residence Inn Fort Walton Beach, Florida Opens - 325
Similar on eTradeWire
- I Am Phreshy Brand & Jmulan Agency Presents Hope For Houston Winter Storm Relief
- John Brooks Recovery Center leads Primary Care and Opioid Treatment Initiative
- The HOPE Center warms hearts in Ocean County
- Coalition for Dialogue and Negotiations Statement on Human Rights Watch Report on Attack in Ebam
- CGR Welcomes Three New Members to its Board of Trustees
- Humanist Canada Expands Student Essay Contest
- TIAS ARMS Reaches $1,000,000 goal
- Las Vegas Urban League WIC: A Valuable Resource During March National Nutrition Month
- Gallup Elks Lodge Donates Much Needed Equipment to local EMS & Law Enforcement
- Dedication To Community Launches Historic Partnership With Boston College Athletics
Bark Avenue Foundation Receives $75,000 Grant From Petsmart Charities® To Help Keep Pets And People Together
With this grant, Bark Avenue Foundation will help preserve the bond between pets and their people by expanding our Unsheltered People and Pets program to include those that are struggling financially get access to veterinary care in the greater Los Angeles City and County areas. Veterinary services such as spay/neuter, emergency, wellness/preventative medicine, and basic veterinary care such as infections, dental and wound care will be able to be provided to owned pets at a low cost or subsidized rate. This grant will provide subsidized veterinary care to approximately 600 pets so they can remain safely with their people.
"The people we meet choose their pet's needs over their own; choosing to stay on the streets if their pet is not allowed in housing; choosing to go without meals so their dog can see a vet, or they can feed their cat. When people have trouble providing for their pet, they often go without s or consider surrendering them to an animal shelter believing they will live a better life with someone else. But a pet just wants to be with their person that loves and cares for them. Keeping pets safely with their people reduces the shelter population, which is vital. Thanks to the generosity of PetSmart Charities BAF can continue to help people so they never have to make these impossible choices and supports the love and bond a person has with their pet. This is a highly collaborative and community-based program that helps the most vulnerable pet guardians by overcoming not only financial barriers to veterinary access but many others including language, socioeconomic and transportation" said Christy Schilling Executive Director.
More on eTradeWire News
- Vision Movies Production: Using Hollywood Magic To Create Innovative Videos
- Everything You Should Know About NFT - But Don't Get Why You Should Ask
- Bethany Elgin assisted Advanced Ultra-Violet Systems with obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- March 4, 2021 Boca Raton Woman Owned Start Up Distributing Covid-19 Killer Mask
- Home Renovation Plus Home Page
"We are proud to once again support Bark Avenue Foundation in its work to keep marginalized communities, such as the homeless, unsheltered and under-resourced, with their beloved pets," said Jenny Aho, regional relationship manager at PetSmart Charities. "We know many people consider pets as family, and this work ensures Los Angeles area pet parents can provide their pets the necessary care without having to forgo their own resources to do so."
Since 1994, through its partnership with nearly 4,000 humane societies, SPCAs and pet rescues across North America, PetSmart Charities has helped more than 9.5 million pets to find loving homes via its in-store adoption program in over 1,600 PetSmart® stores. The leading funder of animal welfare has also donated nearly $430 million to improve access to veterinary care, to positively impact communities, to connect people and pets and to help preserve families through initiatives like this with Bark Avenue Foundation.
About Bark Avenue Foundation
Bark Avenue Foundation (BAF) is a Los Angeles nonprofit organization dedicated to animal welfare and protection by keeping pets with their people housed, healthy, and safe, reducing the number of animals entering shelter systems.
BAF partners with communities and other nonprofit organizations, understanding that collaboration is critical to success. BAF's focuses on pet guardians, who are financially struggling, at-risk and under-served populations (including those experiencing homelessness), prioritizing spay/neuter, to reduce pet homelessness and over population at its source, along with pet wellness, retention, and reclamation.
Follow Bark Avenue Foundation on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/BarkAveFoundation
More on eTradeWire News
- Daniel Vaswani of Red Metric Law Releases Video Discussing New California Laws About Diversion
- Sophia's Patios: Enjoy Convenience And Style With Premium Patio Decor
- Big And Small Knives: Premium And Stylish Knives For All Occasions
- White Lion to Offer Services in Auctioneering, Appraising
- Adare Biome™ Enters North American Distribution Through Stratum Nutrition® for LBiome™ Postbiotic
Follow Bark Avenue Foundation Instagram: http://instagram.com/barkavenuefoundation
About PetSmart Charities®
PetSmart Charities, Inc. (http://www.petsmartcharities.org/) is committed to finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together. Through its in-store adoption program in all PetSmart® stores across the U.S. and Puerto Rico, PetSmart Charities helps to find forever homes and families for more than 600,000 shelter pets each year. Each year, millions of generous PetSmart shoppers help pets in need by donating to PetSmart Charities using the PIN pads at checkout registers inside PetSmart stores. In turn, PetSmart Charities efficiently uses more than 90 cents of every dollar donated to fulfill its role as the leading funder of animal welfare in North America, granting nearly $430 million since its inception in 1994. Independent from PetSmart Inc., PetSmart Charities is a 501(c)(3) organization that has received the Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator, a third-party organization that reports on the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of nonprofits, for the past 17 years in a row – placing it among the top one percent of charities rated by this organization. To learn more visit www.petsmartcharities.org.
Follow PetSmart Charities on Instagram: @PetSmartCharities (http://www.instagram.com/PetSmartCharities)
Follow PetSmart Charities on Twitter: @PetSmartChariTs (https://twitter.com/PetSmartChariTs)
Find PetSmart Charities on Facebook: Facebook.com/PetSmartCharities (https://www.facebook.com/PetSmartCharities)
See PetSmart Charities on YouTube: YouTube.com/PetSmartCharitiesInc (https://www.youtube.com/user/PetSmartCharitiesInc)
- ConvergeOne and Evolve IP Enter Strategic Hospitality Partnership
- Woody's Bar-B-Q® Honors Military During THE PLAYERS Championship 2021
- LACLA Presents Mexican Horror Documentary "Feral"
- Alliance Technologies Launches Alliance University
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport Celebrates Topping Off - Tucson's Newest Extended-Stay Hotel
- First Associated Insurance Agencies Announces Digital COVID Training Program
- Outpatient Care Center Industry | BizVibe Announces New Companies Joining Its Global Marketplace
- Nearly 4,000 lots of Americana come up for bid in Holabird's Sweetheart Express Auction, Feb. 11-15
- Truthset and the ANA AIMM Release First of its Kind Multicultural Online Data Benchmarks
- SmartBear Completes Investment Transaction with Vista Equity Partners and Francisco Partners
- Dallas Firm Hosts First Annual Rookie Symposium & Showcase
- "True Story" Miniseries about Donald Trump submitted to Netflix
- FMIA Urges Officials: "Do the Right Thing for Your Community"
- Julia Hair Tax Refund Season Flash Sale Week With Buy Now Pay Later
- The Best Virgin Hair Vendors 2021
- Major Criminal Investigation of Trump Begins
- Kelton 'Nspire Harper and Pushback LLC Announce Debut of "Nspire's Be a Blessing" TV Show
- New workwear brand LIBAERTY for women in heavy-duty industries launches during Women's History Month
- Students in Clearwater Learn their Human Rights and How to Advocate for Them
- Sponsors announced for virtual Market Trends 2021 on March 9