Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 383
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 341
- Nicc LaRue's virtual concert "The Hood Never Folds" streaming now - 307
- Southern Oregon biracial couple offers effective racial equity training - 263
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 233
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 199
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 192
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 150
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 127
- Chicagoland Celebrity DJ P1 Rap Returns To The Crossing Bar & Grill as Managing DJ on Friday and Saturday Nights in Worth, IL - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- Trump to be Investigated by Special Grand Jury
- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers Recognizes Four California Snell & Wilmer Partners
- Monica Schmucker Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
- Christina O'Brien Named Chair of Henderson Franklin's Family Law Department
- Matthew Belcastro Named Chair of Henderson Franklin's Tort and Insurance Litigation Department
- TRU Staffing Partners Expands Leadership Team Amid Growing Demand for Privacy Talent
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Jeffrey D. Morton Included in 2022 Edition of IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders
- U.S. News Names Savannah's Oliver Maner Among The "Best Law Firms" for 2022
But, charges Banzhaf, the Attorney Grievance Commission took no action on the complaints - which were supported by overwhelming evidence, including findings by a judge - leaving her free to continue to violate the rights of defendants, as she did regarding the prosecution of several police officers.
Prof Banzhaf, who filed three of the complaints, notes that other prosecutors backed down and refused to continue the criminal prosecutions of the police officers Mosby had charged once they also were threatened with disbarment proceedings, but Mosby remained in office and able to continue to engage in actions which a judge held violated the rights of several defendants.
More on eTradeWire News
- Brian Peterson assisted BioMetric Signature ID with obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- ISO 20022 Standards 2022 Implementation Adds Significance to Compliant Cryptocurencies
- How do a traveller opt Virgin America booking at low fare to hometown
- It's National DJ Day perfect for Chicago's Celebrity Traveling DjP1 Rap Making A Half-A-Million Headline News Milestones
Although, years ago, she faced at least four ethics complaints seeking her disbarment, and a judge found that she had violated the constitutional rights of the police officers she was trying, the Attorney Grievance Commission appears to have taken no action to rein her in.
This means that, despite all of the adverse findings by several judges, she remained free to continue to violate the rights of criminal defendants, and to engage in other unethical if not illegal prosecutorial abuse, says Banzhaf, who had filed three of the four known complaints.
Prof. Banzhaf notes that the prosecutions of the remaining police officers in the Freddie Gray cases were discontinued shortly after he threatened to file similar disbarment complaints against the new prosecutors assigned to try the remaining cases. The prosecutors then refused to proceed with the prosecutions.
The Commission's apparent inaction is particularly distressing for two reasons, says Banzhaf.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wear2Conquer launches innovative new adaptive apparel for chemotherapy and dialysis
- Lola's Fine Hot Sauce and Casey's Welcome 2022 with Spicy Snack Collaboration
- League of Women Voters PBC to Host Two Free Zoom Events in February
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Town Hall Talk on AI & Health, February 2
- KRAVIS CENTER to Present CATS, February 8-13 / Tickets On Sale Now
First, as a prosecutor, she is in a position to continue to do tremendous harm to defendants before her as she did to the police offices, something not true about most lawyers charged with wrongdoing.
Second, many of the charges are matters of record based upon judicial findings, so any excuse that even more investigation must occur before any meaningful action can be taken just isn't valid, he says.
So, although this new criminal indictment seems to have nothing to do with her many questionable if not illegal actions as a prosecutor, she may finally have to spend some time behind bars.
Indeed, it may eventually resemble what happened to Al Capone who went to prison not for the many violent crimes he committed, but for something completely unrelated - tax evasion - suggests the law professor.
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Dark River Publishing Announces: The release "To Taste You Again" by Cahira O'Donnell
- Co-Founder of The Millennium Alliance Joins Young Presidents' Organization (YPO)
- Yunishigawa Onsen's Kamakura Festival Features the Unique Northern Japan Winter Tradition: Kamakura or Snow Huts
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- 57th STREET - new blog from award-winning writer Joanna Paxinou about growing up in New York City
- Aurora Roofing Contractor Offers Free Roof Inspection Estimates
- Prairie Represents Staff Electric Co., Inc. in its Sale to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida honors Lynne and Chip Shotwell as 2022 Eagle Award recipients
- Eric Byrd Trio: Brother Ray Band Bring Ray Charles Tribute to the Weinberg Center
- Cobalt Digital Opens Doors to Representative Office in China
- The NEW way to acquire customers. How Direct Contact Marketing cracked the code for lead generation
- At the Movies with Joanna's latest feature: Friends for Life - Fred Astaire and Irving Berlin
- Used White 2017 Honda Accord for Sale At Our Dealership!
- #1 New Release Museum Industry Amazon
- Alten Construction completes modernization of Castro Valley High School
- Doggy Dynamics: Keep Your Pooch Feeling Loved And Cared For With Premium Dog Products
- Harrisburg Teens Have Choice Between Braces or Invisalign from Exeter Orthodontics
- Springfield Dentist Offering Affordable, Custom-Made Crowns
- Everything Blankets: Stay Warm At All Times With The Most Comfortable Selection Of Blankets
- Gabriella Albert Named 2021 South Florida PGA Jr. Tour Player Of The Year