Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 229
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 226
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 211
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 193
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 192
- Author Pierre G. Porter Hosts Book Signing/Reading of His Romance Novel, "49 So Fine" in Philly - 162
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 134
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 128
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 123
- Washing Machine Hoses: Water damage restoration may Happen - 120
Similar on eTradeWire
- 30th Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival awards and attendance
- Indie Film Company, Lands Development Deal With Providence Film Group; Begins Casting For Action Film 'Rise Of The Tarragon'
- Horror/Fantasy "Bashira" Best Picture Winner At Bleedingham Horror Film Festival
- Alternate Ground - Alien Abduction Film Lands on Amazon Video
- Folks VFX opens fourth studio in Saguenay, Quebec
- Summer Hill's 'Knucks' Available on Spectrum Now!
- The Foxworth Theory Podcast presents Film Director/Producer Warrington Hudlin (10/27) on VoiceAmerica/HarlemAmerica & YouTube
- "American Underdog" — w/ Kurt & Brenda Warner — serves as the Centerpiece at 30th SLIFF
- Detroit's Romantic Dramedy 'Match Made' Burns Up the Screens and Touches the Soul
Directed by award-winning filmmaker Christopher Chambers ("Aram, Aram"), "A Fire Within" tells the story of three Ethiopian women who immigrate to America after surviving torture in their home country and, several years later, discover that the man responsible for their torture is not only living in America but he is working at the same Atlanta hotel as one of the women. The film chronicles the women's historic attempt to bring their torturer to justice in Atlanta.
St. Louis local, Roo Yawitz, founder of The Gramophone, currently general manager at Big Muddy Adventures, served as a producer on the documentary.
More on eTradeWire News
- Make an online Donation to Help Victims of the British Columbia Floods
- It is time for Respected Roots Twelve Days of Christmas Tour!
- The Team Integrity Knowledge Center Mentorship has successfully ended!
- 4 Top Ecommerce SEO KPIs to Track Your Way to Success
- A Unique Gift for the Person that Has Everything – A Soul Song Composed Just for Them
"Being a part of the journey of making this powerful film, which amplifies the voices of three resilient and inspiring women, has been an extraordinary and meaningful experience. I am proud to be able to share their story with St. Louis audiences for the very first time at the St. Louis Film Festival."
Liya Kebede, the trailblazing supermodel, Cannes Film Festival-winning actress ("Desert Flower"), former World Health Organization (WHO) Ambassador and founder of lemlem fashion brand, joined the film early in the editing stage.
"I was so moved by this story," said Kebede. "We don't often get to hear about such stories -- the "other" stories. The stories that do not get told. It is very rewarding to be a part of this film and to bring the story of these courageous women to light."
After filming across ten cities in the U.S., Canada and Ethiopia, "A Fire Within" won the Best Documentary Audience Award at the Atlanta Film Festival and the Naples International Film Festival.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sylvia Runyon of RP Studios Spotlighted by Jacksonville Scene Magazine NC
- American Bottle Auctions will offer Part 1 of the Mel Hammer collection, online-only, December 10-19
- SleepLab Anti-Snore: 50% Off black friday deal
- "A Roach Called Wensum" by Tom Baird is published
- The Godfather of Fitness, Jack LaLanne's Legacy Continues in New Book
"It has been a profound experience bringing this story to the screen," said director Chistopher Chambers, "These three women fled their homeland to start new lives in America, an unbelievable coincidence put them side by side with their own torturer and they refused to be intimidated into silence. Their story is the story of every generation who came to America for a better life – they are true American heroes."
"A Fire Within" will have its St. Louis premiere on Saturday, November 13th, at 7:30pm in the Brown Hall Auditorium at Washington University. The screening will be free, no tickets will be required and seating will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Access online press materials, EPK and stills HERE (http://www.fmrlmedia.com/afirewithin.html).
Marquee Media PR
- Snell & Wilmer Partner Patricia Lee Refo Awarded Medal of Honor From the World Jurist Association
- NAC Applauds Federal Bank Regulators for Updating & Clarifying BSA/AML Examination Manual Section on Banking of Independent ATM Companies
- Janover Ventures welcomes Kyle Okimoto to its Advisory Board
- 2024 President Candidate Alander Pulliam and his thoughts about Racism and Government
- SilkWeb Wins Bronze in 11th annual Best in Biz Awards
- Biden administration weak approach on the Iran Nuclear Agreement
- Fashion Icon Jahna Sebastian Slays London Fashion Week
- Tom Alexander's Long Awaited CINEMUSIQUE Album Releases Friday, December 10
- Special Gourmet Cooking Event!
- ReliaQuest Valued at More Than One Billion Dollars Following Growth Round Led By KKR
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cyril Grayson, My Cause My Cleats Campaign to Benefit Hope For The Warriors
- 2014 BMW 3 Series W/ Sunroof ON SALE in Toronto!
- Pepenella named President of the New Jersey Tourism Industry Association
- Holding Parents Liable For Shootings Not New, But Also Schools?
- Video Doorbell Installation in Toronto, Thornhill & GTA
- Motor Ninja Premium Car Rentals by Wash Ninja® Automotive Company Coming
- Colorado Cleantech Industries Association Award Celebration Winners
- Cartier Pasha minute repeater men's watch hits CA$64,900 in Miller & Miller's Watches & Jewels sale
- Donations needed for Guadalupe Center's Holiday Gift Shop
- Mask mandates far from harmless, point out campaigners