Popular on eTradeWire
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 348
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 311
- Greenoak North America expands its operations in China 192
- First Corporate Clothing Working On Exciting Ranges 185
- Numbers of Women in Construction Falling 1 Company of self-employed Women Plumbers Stopping the Flow 176
- The Green Moustache Launches Frontfundr Campaign Today 175
- Tillman Infrastructure announced as key sponsor at Comms Finance World 2018 158
- Annual Turkey Bowl to be held by music artist, songwriter, entrepreneur Reem of 0017th 113
- Aspen Digital Life™ Closes Initial Funding Round
- Pioneer Landscape Centers Appoints Company Veteran As Chief Operating Officer
Similar on eTradeWire
- RTC Enters Contract For Sale of 250 Electric Motorcycles
- Symptoms of a clogged Diesel Particulate Filter how to extend it's operating life .– ECOFuelMax
- Learn strategies to improve your fleet operations at Fleet Technical Congress in Indianapolis
- Fleet Technical Congress at WTS19 offers strategies and insights for sustaining fleets
- Luther Brookdale Honda of the Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Donate $10,000 to Local School
- Last Chance To Enter To Win A 1965 Restomod Sting Ray Plus A 2018 Lingenfelter Corvette Grand Sport!
- Gary Rome Kia Donate to Toys for Joy
- AmerAsia Report Publishes "HUAWEI, SU BIN and CANADIAN DÉJÀ VU … Chasing Bliss not Abyss"
- 1969 Mustang 4-Speed Manual Shifter Lever Handle
- Corvettes, Corvette Vendors, Corvette Guests are Planned for Winter AutoFest
CAS DataLoggers provided the datalogging solution for an automotive manufacturer who needed to ensure RICE NESHAP (https://www.epa.gov/stationary-engines/national-...) compliance, the EPA emissions regulation mandating that diesel engines reduce air pollutant emissions from many categories of new and existing engines. The factory needed to begin retrofitting and testing its diesel engines with emission control devices to meet the 2013 deadline. Following installation of each device, the engines had to be monitored for operating temperature, RPM, pressure and additional parameters for full compliance. Supervisors wanted to have a monitoring system in place well before May 2013, the EPA's deadline.
CAS DataLoggers provided the factory with a Series 3 dataTaker DT85 Data Logger along with a CANgate Canbus to Serial Converter, both of which were installed in a test cell area. The DT85 datalogger offered 16 to 48 universal analog inputs and 12 digital channels, 4 high-speed counter inputs, and programmable serial sensor channels, allowing connection to every sensor type used in the factory. The 18-bit resolution measurements were shown on the integrated display. In this way the dataTaker can record almost any physical value including temperature, pressure, RPM, and speed. For example, some engines were fitted with continuous parametric monitoring systems (CPMS), so the dataTaker logged the catalyst pressure along with every other value. If necessary, the DT85 is expandable up to 900 inputs.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fitness Expert/Actor/Author Jasson Finney on CBS2 Teaching Children How To Lead A Healthy Lifestyle
- Garyk Lee Style TV Teaser Episodes 4 & 5 Introducing Fashiona
- Findability Sciences launches FP Reply™, a new AI service to manage high volumes of inbound emails
- Continuing his article series on legal assistants, William B. Blanchard reviews training issues
- Bk2Bk Inc. Announces PillMap, Your Daily Guide
- Godfrey Muwonge, immigration lawyer, now offers Flexible Billing Plans for New Clients
- Superhero Themed Event Shares Author's Journey
The data logger sent all the data out to the factory's server over FTP for archiving and later analysis. Users can also choose to connect to the DT85 locally, remotely or over the Internet using the dataTaker's communications capabilities including RS232 with modem support, Ethernet and USB memory stick ports. The DT85's user-defined memory stores up to 10 million readings and features independent control of schedule size and mode to record only as long as needed.
The CANgate filters and converts users' CAN (Controller Area Network) and GPS network data into serial ASCII, recording the real-time data (including temperatures, RPM, brake/ throttle settings, latitude/longitude, speed etc). The gateway then transfers this data to the DT85 for storage. Users can flexibly configure the CANgate to choose the signals they want to log at any given time, apply statistical functions (average, min/max) and pick the format in which data are returned. The CANgate also supports common protocols such as ISO-15765 and SAE-J1939 in addition to raw CAN frames. 2 CAN interface ports allow connection of separate independent CAN networks.
FREE dEX graphical interface software is built-in with dataTaker data loggers allowing easy configuration. Users can apply calculations and diagnostic information to historical data for analysis and view the data in real-time in convenient dashboard format, trend charts and tables. With no applications to install, dEX runs directly from a web browser and can be accessed locally or remotely where a TCP/IP connection is available.
More on eTradeWire News
- Real estate attorney William B. Blanchard publishes article series on paralegals
- Introducing the little countdown iOS App: helping travelers get to the gate on time
- 1000 Food Baskets Distributed to Families In Our Local Community
- Angela Carlson N.D Brings Spirit of Sustainability to Naturopathic Medicine
- Apple Iphone Users First To Get New Revolutionary AR App
- AltMBA Reading List - Seth Godin's AltMBA Program
- Nature Article Highlights AlbuVoid™ in Autophagy and Cancer Study
The collected data from the dataTaker allows users to track all the engine values during operation including the CPMS data. Meanwhile, if an engine is running outside of the specified temperature windows, the data logger's alarm features immediately notify users through SMS messages and emails.
The dataTaker helped the factory to get well on its way to long before the deadline. The dataTaker DT85 and CANgate pair functioned well as an engine monitoring system to provide the needed data. During the installing and testing phases, the dataTaker DT85 logged, stored and transferred all the data from every temperature and pressure sensor, taking highly accurate readings from the engines and their attached emissions control systems.
For further information on the dataTaker DT85 data logger (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/dt85-universal-input-data-logger/), RICE NESHAP compliance, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-information/).
- LeakTronics Helps Australian Residents Facing Concealed Water Leakage Concession Policies
- BME Successfully Launched The 1st African-American Live TV Streaming Service In The United States
- This Brand Wants to Replace Your Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Free
- Dustin Ferguson, Award-Winning Filmmaker, Releases First CD Titled CALIFORNIA BITCHES
- Women Choose Wealth Announces Its New Program: Mind Over Money Makeover
- Anchorage Dentist Offers Extended Hours, Same Day Dental, and Emergency Appointments for All Alaskans
- "Nice" is Now the "New Normal," Declares Author
- Cavallo Names Horse Trainer Emma Massingale as Global Ambassador
- Holabird Western Americana Collections' wild eclectic auction, Dec. 5-9, featured 3,500 diverse lots
- More than Sporting Goods; Play It Again Sports Announces Maintenance Services
- ERA Triangle Real Estate Group Welcomes NC Real Estate Broker, Billy Yeargin
- After recently legalizing marijuana, Canadian MPs have their radar set on sports betting, Says PayPerHead.com
- Salmon Box setting up an online platform for wild salmon distribution nationwide
- Qualis Corporation's Strategic Programs Unit Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- Your Safety Department, Llc Announces Spirometry Testing Services
- Dubuque Senior High School String Quartet to join the pros
- Imagine Wellness Spa adds innovative beauty-enhancing technology
- Wizard World Teams With Team Happy Foundation On Comic Book Program In NOLA
- Cape Coral Community Foundation announces 2019 Power Players Professional Advisor Award winners
- Finalists Named for Beaufort International Film Festival 2019