Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 163
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 147
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Gary Rome Celebrates Drive Pink at After Hours Event
- U.S. Army Contractor From Alabama Wins The Corvette Dream Giveaway!
- Vehicle Protection Plans from autopom! Adding Value to Used Cars
- PROSTEP INC to Exhibit Digital Thread Integration at COExperience 2019
- Timing Chain Solutions The Timing's Right
- Devil's Registry: Retromobile Sales Hit $47.8M, 10 Arrested in Classic-Car Scam + more
- Alluxa Sets New Bandwidth Standard for Multi-Cavity Ultra-Narrow Bandpass Filters
- Tow Recover Assist Offers Towing Throughout Naperville, Aurora, Lisle, Bolingbrook, Chicagoland
- How a DAQ System Executes All Vibration Test Stand Tasks
- VIP Power Picker Returns in 2019 – This Time for Both Spring AND Fall Carlisle
CAS DataLoggers provided the datalogging solution for an automotive manufacturer who needed to ensure RICE NESHAP (https://www.epa.gov/stationary-engines/national-...) compliance, the EPA emissions regulation mandating that diesel engines reduce air pollutant emissions from many categories of new and existing engines. The factory needed to begin retrofitting and testing its diesel engines with emission control devices to meet the 2013 deadline. Following installation of each device, the engines had to be monitored for operating temperature, RPM, pressure and additional parameters for full compliance. Supervisors wanted to have a monitoring system in place well before May 2013, the EPA's deadline.
CAS DataLoggers provided the factory with a Series 3 dataTaker DT85 Data Logger along with a CANgate Canbus to Serial Converter, both of which were installed in a test cell area. The DT85 datalogger offered 16 to 48 universal analog inputs and 12 digital channels, 4 high-speed counter inputs, and programmable serial sensor channels, allowing connection to every sensor type used in the factory. The 18-bit resolution measurements were shown on the integrated display. In this way the dataTaker can record almost any physical value including temperature, pressure, RPM, and speed. For example, some engines were fitted with continuous parametric monitoring systems (CPMS), so the dataTaker logged the catalyst pressure along with every other value. If necessary, the DT85 is expandable up to 900 inputs.
More on eTradeWire News
- Teamwork and Dedication Proves to be a Winning Combination for Award Recipients
- Dutch Creative Space Teams with International Fashion House Nighthousee
- CRAYRATE.COM: Review or Rate, Meet & Repeat
- Congestion today for a better VIC future
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
The data logger sent all the data out to the factory's server over FTP for archiving and later analysis. Users can also choose to connect to the DT85 locally, remotely or over the Internet using the dataTaker's communications capabilities including RS232 with modem support, Ethernet and USB memory stick ports. The DT85's user-defined memory stores up to 10 million readings and features independent control of schedule size and mode to record only as long as needed.
The CANgate filters and converts users' CAN (Controller Area Network) and GPS network data into serial ASCII, recording the real-time data (including temperatures, RPM, brake/ throttle settings, latitude/longitude, speed etc). The gateway then transfers this data to the DT85 for storage. Users can flexibly configure the CANgate to choose the signals they want to log at any given time, apply statistical functions (average, min/max) and pick the format in which data are returned. The CANgate also supports common protocols such as ISO-15765 and SAE-J1939 in addition to raw CAN frames. 2 CAN interface ports allow connection of separate independent CAN networks.
FREE dEX graphical interface software is built-in with dataTaker data loggers allowing easy configuration. Users can apply calculations and diagnostic information to historical data for analysis and view the data in real-time in convenient dashboard format, trend charts and tables. With no applications to install, dEX runs directly from a web browser and can be accessed locally or remotely where a TCP/IP connection is available.
More on eTradeWire News
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
The collected data from the dataTaker allows users to track all the engine values during operation including the CPMS data. Meanwhile, if an engine is running outside of the specified temperature windows, the data logger's alarm features immediately notify users through SMS messages and emails.
The dataTaker helped the factory to get well on its way to long before the deadline. The dataTaker DT85 and CANgate pair functioned well as an engine monitoring system to provide the needed data. During the installing and testing phases, the dataTaker DT85 logged, stored and transferred all the data from every temperature and pressure sensor, taking highly accurate readings from the engines and their attached emissions control systems.
For further information on the dataTaker DT85 data logger (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/product/dt85-universal-input-data-logger/), RICE NESHAP compliance, or to find the ideal solution for your application-specific needs, contact a CAS Data Logger Application Specialist at (800) 956-4437 or request more information (https://www.dataloggerinc.com/need-more-information/).
- Now On Sight Repairs doubles your pleasure with tune-ups in your driveway or theirs
- Leadership Conference Recap from the Team at Thrive Events
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today
- Author Jenn Sadai Plans for the Release of Her Sixth Novel
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX